Another Lypo-C Beats Viral Infection(s) Anecdote (Cortisol!)

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Another Lypo-C Beats Viral Infection(s) Anecdote (Cortisol!)

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Sorry for my absence. I had no clue, not an inkling, that what seemed to be "going wrong with me" last week was viral - probably a flu. No sinus drip. No cough. No congestion. No Nausea. No initial weakness. No Nothing that would connect a very red eye and swelling around the eye, was the apparent beginning of the flu. It is summer here in Chicago. Otherwise I felt well, even good.

My son thought I was having a stroke. I do wear an eye patch that I alternate every day trying to rest one eye from computer strain. I figured my body was "overreacting" to the pressure of the patch.

Then the muscles around my chest became inflamed and breathing became difficult, and I thought I had thrown my back out. There is more, until about day 4 when it occurred that this might very well be a virus and not a permanent fixture caused by some chronic auto-immune disease in my life!

So I started taking the regimen the lady was taking across the street for her infection, e.g. the 5 Lypo-C per the Towsend Ad, and 1 Lypo-GSH, (I already take about 20 g ordinary C and probably doubled it.) After the second 5-Lypo-C (24 hours after the first five) I felt the "poof". The fever had broken (I didn't even know I had a fever), the night sweats began, etc. and I felt better. It was a virus (Thank God - viral illnesses eventually end, if they don't kill you first) and two applications of 5 Lypo-C had beaten it after it had about 5 days to get established! Almost a miracle!

But this thing turned out to be a hum dinger.. (tougher than I thought) , because it wasn't beaten... Just subdued.. It started coming back.. I didn't treat it with enough respect, so I upped the dosage.

to 7 Lypo-C, 1 GSH -- but TWICE per day. And I again felt the "poof" (And I added the surefire cold protocol of 8 grams of ascorbic acid every 20 minutes for about 2 hours, just for good measure.)

And while it is not completely over, I am currently around 2 Lypo-C when ever I feel I need it, which is about every 4 hours.

One of the reasons for the post, is that during my last infection like this in 2006, which turned out to be Type B Flu, I tried 1 Lypo-C every hour - for 24 straight hours - with no noticeable effect.

This time, 5 Lypo-C at one time, seem to make all the difference. Raising blood levels. It is good to know the proper dosage.

I may continue later with more gory details, but those who follow this forum know I credit vitamin D3, not C, with preventing any infections in me. We'll its summer, when I generally rely on 20 minutes of sunlight. Well, the Chicago area has had one of the rainiest June's in history, and it is hot in the sun in summer, so apparently not enough (And the 5000 iu D3 supplement I take daily didn't protect.)

But I have never been happier to discover that I have a virus!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Another Lypo-C Beats Viral Infection(s) Anecdote

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 am

Back in the early 70’s some students from U of I did some air sample monitoring around the Chicago area during the summer months. They found very high concentrations of virus’s in the 5 to 10,000 feet levels which they recorded the highest amounts around the western suburbs. Their logic was the farming activities such as turning of soil for planting were probably the reason for the spike. In the same report they found that rain water in these areas for the first 20 min. contained very high concentrations of virus’s . Since most rain clouds in the Chicago area generally form between 5 to 20 thousand feet levels it is a good assumption that these air borne virus’s are being washed out of the atmosphere. I searched for the paper on line and really can’t find anything on it but politics being what it is in this area it’s really not surprising. I recalled this being a student there at this time it created quite a stir. Generally they were saying during the first 20 minutes of a rain fall stay indoors.
So since it’s been quite rainy up there I would say yes you probably got one of the Bad Bugs. It’s probably as simple as a drop of rain that hit the vicinity of your eye that started the whole cascade of events your experiencing. When you were in your younger days your immune system would have tore it up and spit it out however as we age things start to change. I’ll leave it at that I’m sure everyone over 50 can add to it.
You did right by backing off a little on the C to see if your system would take over and this give’s the body a chance to recognize it. However it couldn’t get a hold on it so by upping your intake was a good move. It would be good to stay on the higher dosing for a least 7 days even if you feel better to help purge the culprit out. I know this sounds simplistic but if you get worse or start experiencing worst symptoms it would be advisable to seek medical help!
Hope you feel better!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

majkinetor
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by majkinetor » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:22 pm

It looks like sun might not be enough for some folks. I was taking 50000IU vitamin D3 5 months ago for 2 weeks, then I switched to 30000IU for another week, then went to 5K over 10k. After that I was using 5k for 2 months. Then I didn't use D3 at all but 30 mins of sunshine per day and at least 20% of the body uncovered.

I did 25(OH)D test yesterday and I have 30ng/ml, its at the bottom of the range of the laboratory I was using ... seems like a very small value despite everything I did.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Both posts are interesting! Thanks.

Johnwen, that is something about the viruses in the atmosphere and rain. (This will keep me out of the rain for a while! Very interesting conjecture).

As I mentioned, my symptoms were such that I did not suspect a virus for several days. Then I got a little cough. Felt feverish, etc. And even now, I'd say I feel 90% better, it still isn't completely dead. I start to feel it and 2 Lypo-C and "poof" its gone for several hours. I just can't imagine someone who doesn't consume this much vitamin C having something like this.

Neither my wife or son got sick.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Felt well from July 8 to a few days ago.
Symptoms began developing again, first back pain, then the pain spread across my rib cage. until it became too \
painful to sleep.

I am currently in a cardiac intensive care unit because the ER found http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/perica ... on/DS01124,
So far, over a liter of fluid has been drained from around my heart, but still have shortness of breatj

I have heart doctors, lung doctors,rhuematologsts, primary care and infectious disease doctors = all ordering blood work,

wild inflammation markers. The seem to be agreeing with my guess that this is an infection (and they put me in isolation for about a hour until someone that better of that..)

On of the infectious disease docs just asked I had ever heard of MRSA (results from aall their tests and cultures wont be sent back for
days

I guess I should have kept 5 Lypo goinig for 10 days after I began t0 feel better last time
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Johnwen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Sorry to hear this news!
Glad to hear your getting good care!
All they got to do now is figure out whats causing all this and you'll be good to go!
I'm glad you didn't wait any longer it would have got worse.
The good news is since their still looking means it's probably not TB. Unless you were out cutting concrete or pouring cement (Not)
If I were to take a guess I would say Fungal with a lean towards Aspergillus but that's for your providers to figure out. In the mean time catch up on your reading and TV watching and enjoy the fine cusine hospitials are famous for :mrgreen:
Main thing:!!! GET WELL!!
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:46 am

Thanks johnwen - another puzzled doctor just left. I got tired of teling every doc that I have not been out of the country (much less ilinois).

But a thought did occur during this quiz = I felt so good the past three weeks that
I had started strenuolously working out - in a back patio room, which IS moldy
come to think of it hmmm
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Johnwen » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:15 pm

So far, over a liter of fluid has been drained from around my heart,

Owen, I know your mind really wasn't into doing this but did you get a look at the fluid they were taking from you?? Is so, could you tell me the color it was? If yellow was it Golden or yellow big difference!!
Being curious (me) could you ask one of these quick visit docs if they did a GM or MBL test.
Oh yea the meaning: GM=Galactomannan and MBL= Mannose Binding Lectin.
I'm hoping by now they should have started you on some kind of ANTI something.
Be Patient, because now you is one! Smile it'll get better!!
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:30 am

I wish the choice was yellow or brown. It looked like urine. The nurse just came in, said it was yellow - serous. They did not do those tests. They did body fluid cell count, pH, and cytology. No organisms were found
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:49 am

Did not drain anything last night - then the drain came out this morning by itself?

I was finally able to cough something from my lungs and it finally yielded something - a bacterium that can be involved in pneumonia . They have been giving me broad spectrum antibiotics with some improvement in fever, etc They hope the culture
will confirm the infection and proper antibiotic.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by Johnwen » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:10 am

The nurse just came in, said it was yellow - serous

I know I'm a pain but could you ask the nurse if it was transudate (generally Clear) or exudate (cloudy) the lab would give these ratings since there is other parameters involved or they might have given a Light's rating. This would be helpful in understanding whats going on.

Some useless info:
Checked our local stats 50% viral 30% Bac. 20% Fungal - 92% of patients over 65!

I'll have the church say a prayer for you Sunday. Hope that helps.
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 am

I know it was classified as clear with sediment.

Did I mention that they have found a "gram rod negative" strain in something I coughed up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram-negative_bacteria and this is where they are focusing. I feel MUCH better (they just gave me IV magnesium!) They also gave me 400 mil potassium. It was low. I told the nurse that was half the fatal nurse - surprised her, but we confirmed on google :? (Surprised her that potassium chloride is used for lethal injection.)

The lung doctor had handled the recent cases of Legionnaires disease in this area (although he wanted to make it clear the one who died was not under his care.) Anyway, he explained the difference between my lung XRay anomalies and the distinctive pattern of Legionnaires. And he said he tested for it among my "million dollar" blood draw... (I hope he was kidding.)

I am keeping these doctor's lives interesting, or so they tell me - apparently most of what they see is pretty routine. I have never seen so many puzzled looking MDs.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:57 am

Follow-up echo C. - completely dry. Tech told me to "stay hydrated". Blood work "completely normal" for days, etc. Breathing Okay.
Antibiotic Zosyn - apparently only reason I am still in hospital (can only be given IV - notice it contains EDTA)
According to links on organism - incidence has jumped "3 times" in Chicagoland, hits middle age men, and may have 50% mortality rate.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by Johnwen » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:37 am

Where the heck did you pick this bugger up at??
No wonder you got the med team scratching their head!
At least you got someone that knows how to tackle it. :D

notice it contains EDTA

EDTA is used alot of times as a perservitive but it also competes with the siderophores of the bacteria for iron, so it's probably doing a dual function.

Mainly your getting better and that's good news but don't rush the process you want to make sure this nasty bugger is gone 100% before doing anything!
research!

Return to “Archive”