Reversing tooth decay and cavities naturally

This is where the best forum discussions are preserved for posterity.

Moderator: ofonorow

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Reversing tooth decay and cavities naturally

Post by gofanu » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:55 am

pamojja
That vitamin K review is splendid. Don't have time to study it now, but at a quick look, K1 is a whole lot more useful than earlier sources said. And extremely cheap. I am taking 100mcg "because that is all the body can use" = not true. Change soonish! I started taking K only two years ago with this infection, since it was obvious by manipulation that it was eating/had eaten bone in my skull. BTW, this started as a dental infection (NOT cured by repeated antibiotics!).

I have spent approximately $1600 since Jan 09 until last month, and have several months of some stuff and a couple years of others in reserve, because of how quantities work out. That was starting from almost no in-stock, and is for me and my daughter. She is off at school and is slacking a bit, but not much, and since she is fundamentally healthy being raised by these methods, her doses are relatively low. I am correcting lifelong (65+ now) disasters and I have been vigorously attacking a long term chronic infection and extreme stress for two years (with stupendous success!), so my overall expense is higher than baseline. Average overall for the two of us. over 3.5 yr is $228/yr/person, less the in-stock = about $0.60/day. It does not include the Lugol's I managed to buy before the DEA/FDA caused the cost and aggro to go through the roof; if you do not have that problem, Lugol's is cheaper than the container it comes in. Even with these problems, it is only pennies for "normal" doses, and quarters for my "extreme" treatment. We have used $35 = one liter of the Lugol's I bought two years before my wife died Dec08, so that also includes her and the critters since about fall 2006, but the greatest amount used is my two year treatment. Everything except the Lugol's comes from Puritan.com. I calculated a long time ago that I could cut the US health care cost in half in a year for $0.50/person/day easily and more with more time for even less money.

V-C as ascorbic acid crystals is $.025/gm, so my current 20gm/day is $0.50 of my present personal total.
Puritan does not carry sodium ascorbate, but I only used that for my critters, and three of four have died of broken hearts since wife died and daughter went off to school. Or, their karmic appointed tasks were done, as they were the ladies' familiars.

My Schedule as it is more or less by importance, but if I don't think it is important
I don't bother (current or any emergency high dose in parentheses) if in paren is emergency requirement!:
C - ascorbic acid Puritan 3162 15gm (20)
Mg - Mag oxide Pur 5537 500mg min 750 usual (1000)
Lugol's 5% 4drop- 25mg I, (20drop-100mg)
Selenium 200mcg Pur 3204 2x/day (4)
B50 Pur 585 1x (2+)
Pantothenic acid B5 Pur 6060 1x 500 mg (usual 4x/day but up to 20% of C= 5gm )
Niacinamide 500mg Pur 730 1x (2-4x)
Folic acid Pur 2845 2x (4x)
B6 Pur 650 1x (2-4x)
B12 Pur 1383 1x
PABA Pur 2920 1x (2x)

A10,000/D400 Pur 4993 4x (8x)
D3 Pur 17618 4x (8x)
E Pur 543 2x (4x)
K1 Pur 3070 1x
K2 Pur 29680 1x
Choline bitartrate Pur 700 1x
Co Q10 Pur 15593 1x
ALA Pur 17967 1x
Zn Pur 2063 1x

Cal-Mag-Zinc Pur 4293 (as needed for pain or damaged tissue repair (muscle tears etc), with C, Panto, B6 - my sole pain treatment for the past 11 years, rarely needed now, great sleeping pill if you need that, but you will not after a while on the above!

+ Salt NaCl to taste, KCl also freely, especially if hot.sweating/thirsty.
Enough liquid to urinate near clear often.
No sugar (I use about 10 lb/year, and it mostly goes to the hummingbirds)
Don't peel vegetables or fruit
Lots of potatoes
No low fat anything permitted even near my house!
liberal - Whole milk, yogurt, butter, olive oil, grape seed oil
Aged Cheese of all sorts - V-K in spades and it is good!
Beef, pork, sausages, bacon, salami
yogurt, wheat germ
I have given up on liver, because I cannot get any that is not extremely dubious in appearance - formerly a staple.
Nutritional yeast is always good, but I have not used any in years - it was what I started with in 1968, along with V-A and ascorbic acid.
Dozens of eggs (protein and cholin source)

Took about 30 gm C and 2 gm panto one day (up from my then usual 15gm/day & 500 mg) for some thing daughter brought home from school. Feet got really warm a half hour later. Unpleasant pain and fatigue (for about a year, after walking uphill briskly) in legs disappeared forever. Realized later it had a name - PAD, and was now long gone.

If I read pamojja's schedule at all correctly, its fair but deficient in some things, and the price appalls, the complexity and worry astonishes, and it sounds like it doesn't work too well either. Now, I have a headache and need some drugs! (Another 5gm C, 4 drops Lugol's, and a Cal/Mag/Zinc, and a cup of coffee)

I suggest that everybody forget about poorly (mis) understood things like "half life" and attend to their food - actual food that real people have been eating for 10,000 years. The people Weston Price observed neither knew nor cared about any of that. The Afghan tribal leaders who gave guests the calf's eyeballs did so because they recognized that they were the most valuable part of the meal, and the Indians who saved stupid white men with fish heads, did not know about retinol/retinyl/beta carotene/etc and theoretical reasons why these things mught kill you. The Peruvian Indians who traveled annually to the sea to gather kelp and dry it knew it was essential and life saving, so much so that they carried it along with coca in little bags around their necks at all times.

FRM

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:10 pm

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by skyorbit » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9025

This thread said that MK-7 has a near 100% absorption rate.

It also said the max k1 the body can absorb a day is about 300 mcg. Several of the other study's I've read also says that after a while k1 levels in the blood plateau (including the PDF http://www.medicine.wisc.edu/~williams/ ... w_2008.pdf pamojja showed me) so it seems to me there's plenty of evidence that k1 has significant diminishing returns while k2 really doesn't. Or at least none that we've detected so far.

Tracy

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by skyorbit » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:37 am

pamojja wrote:
Vitamin K2 menatetrenone (MK-4) -- 15 mg - 90 Capsules - $34.99 (each, for 4 or more bottles)

Vitamin K2 Complex w/ K1 - 90 Capsules - $17.56 (on special sale now: buy 2 get 3 - but already sold out at the moment :-(
500 mcg of MK-7 and MK-4 each, 1 mg of K1

I went ahead and got one of each of these. Don't have money to buy 4 bottles of the MK-4 so just got 1, and got the 2+1 on the other.

I figure I can take one of each a day and get my levels up.

Tracy

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by skyorbit » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:45 am

PS. Where do you guys get megadose Vitamin A?

VanCanada

Post by VanCanada » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 am

skyorbit wrote:PS. Where do you guys get megadose Vitamin A?

Lamb liver.ImageImageImageImage

Chicken liver (from my memory) is about one-third or one-fourth the Vitamin A content of lamb liver by weight, but easier for most people to find.

See the Weston A. Price Foundation website for more information on one of the best health foods most people are avoiding.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:37 pm

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Last edited by pamojja on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by gofanu » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:26 pm

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks. Not much time now respond now, but just a short explanation for formating text in posts here.

For applying any of the formatting buttons above the text edit field (where you enter the text) you have to 'select' the particular text first, that is: keep the left mouse button pushed from the exact beginning to the end of the text which you want to format differently, and where you release the left mouse button again. Which gives you a visible background color for your 'selected text'. All you have to do now is clicking the desired formating button above, or the text-color to the right of the edit field. Though that doesn't give you the color real time but will look like:

Code: Select all

[b]bold[/b]
[i]italic[/i]
[u]underline[/u]
[color=#0000FF]blue[/color]
[quote]It might be good if "somebody" could and/or would separate this stuff out into a useful and durable archive of such information.
(I am trying to comment in a different colour, but I do not understand this system. Which is too stupid to display the colour real time. ( ) as backup)[/quote]

And if you click the 'preview' button below the edit field you could check if a mistake has sneaked in, above examples would appear as:

bold
italic
underline
blue
It might be good if "somebody" could and/or would separate this stuff out into a useful and durable archive of such information.
(I am trying to comment in a different colour, but I do not understand this system. Which is too stupid to display the colour real time. ( ) as backup)

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:34 pm

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:37 am

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by skyorbit » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:25 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Vitamin ... f=pd_ybh_1

I found 25,000 IU Vitamin A for really cheep on Amazon.

gofanu
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by gofanu » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Equivalent price from Puritan is 2.76 cents by my latest order (1.13 cent for 10,000A/400D), and you also get 1000IU D3 with 25,000A.
Pamoija - more soon.

FRM

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:30 am

Hmm.., a trial of 3 days on 80.000 IU vitamin A/day gave me a really bad running nose, additionally some itching on a spot between fingers (similar to a occurrence of psoriasis about 14 years ago). Both ceased after stopping the high dose Retinol.

Return to “Archive”