on PT, but stopped vitamin C due to gastric ulcer

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

on PT, but stopped vitamin C due to gastric ulcer

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:21 am

Dear Mr. Fonorow,

In June 2012, I had blocks on both my carotid arteries (90% on right side, 80% on left side) and a stent was inserted on the right artery to increase blood flow. After knowing about the Vitamin C Foundation and reading your book, I started taking vitamin C and Lysine (9 gram vitamin C as ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate and 4.5 gram Lysine per day in 3 divided doses). I am happy to say that, although the block has not been completely cleared, the blood flow has now been increased in the left artery.

Last month, I have been diagnosed with gastric ulcer and am on medication for that for the next 3 weeks. I have now stopped taking vitamin C and since it is acidic in nature I wonde whether it is advisable to continue the vitamin C therapy.

I shall be much obliged for your advice.

Yours sincerely,

M.J. K.

Thank you for the report.

I would not stop vitamin C! (as Pauling advised in his wonderful book How To Live Longer and Feel Better - "not even for a single day.")

Remember sodium ascorbate is alkaline - not acidic.

Maybe temporarily use a liposomal C - such as livonlabs.com LYPO-C. Should not interfere with ucler treatment.

Note - vitamin C helps CURE these uclers by fighting H. Pylori!

Here is at least one study
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6095
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”