please advise.. 3 heart attacks & stenosis

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: please advise.. 3 heart attacks & stenosis

Post Number:#151  Post by jpoww » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:36 pm

His total cholestrol in december was 169 so it has gone up since then. But at that being said, we are slowly decreasing his lipator and I recently decreased it so that might be the reason for the spike. He has been on Linus Pauling since Novemeber of 2012. He takes about 26grams of vitamin C a day and 3 packets of Liposmal C.
So do you place lots of importance on partical size or not? The only number I should focus on is the Lp(a) right?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#152  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:34 am

The particle size is given with respect to Lp(a) because of the belief that smaller particles are more likely to cause plaque. Your husband regimen sounds good.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#153  Post by jpoww » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:44 pm

ofonorow, today at my husbands doctors visit he had a high level of Oxalic. The doctor is thinking this is coming from his high dosage of vitamin c. He is saying that its dangerous to have high levels of Oxalic. the range is 8.9-67 and my husbands level was 203. He suggested to lower the vitamin c.
I wanted to get your thoughts on Oxalic and opinion on lowering the vitamin c.
My husband is currently taking 26 grams of ascorbic acid and 3 packets of liposomal vitamin c.

Thank You

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#154  Post by ofonorow » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

I know this has been a red herring, the scare that high vitamin C might lead to kidney stones. And it may be true that vitamin C will cause the body to create more oxalates.. Good that he is expelling them (I assume that number was from a urine test.)

If you husband can tolerate 26,000 mg of vitamin C daily (plus lipo) then he should definitely not stop!

On page 250 of Linus Pauling's HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER, under the discussion of kidney stones, Pauling mentions the classes of stones that form in alkaline and then acidic urine.

At the bottom of the page, he points out that "calcium oxalate" stones tend to form in acidic urine. "Persons with a tendency to form these stones are advised to keep their urine alkaline. This can be achieved by taking their vitamin C as sodium ascorbate or by taking ascorbic acid with just enough sodium hydrogen carbonate (ordinary baking soda) or other alkalizer to neturalize it."

In you husbands case, he might be wise to follow Pauling's advise - change to at least 50/50 sodium ascorbate or add some baking soda.

Furthermore, our advise for minimizing and dissolving kidney stones is also good for all heart patients: Take at least 300 mg of an absorbable magnesium.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#155  Post by jpoww » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Yes it was from a urine test done by The Great Plains Laboratory it was Organic Acids Test- Nutritional and Metabolic Profile.
Is kidney stones the only thing to worry about with high Oxalic levels? this doctor was making it sound like there are other heart and brain and other organ tissue issues that could eventually cause concern also.

My husband has been taking 26,000mg of vitamin since 2012 and he has never has an issue with kidney stones
My husband has been adding baking soda to his vitamin c at the following ratio..1/8tsp per 1tsp of vitamin C
is that a good ratio?
My husband takes Magnessium citrate at least 1000mg and Magnessium Glycinate at 400mg a day

not sure if your interested but here are some of the results that got flagged out
High Level of Aspartame, salicylates or GI Bacteria
High level of 2-Hydroxybutyric
High level of HVA/VMA Ration
High level of Quinolinic/5-HIAA Ratio
High levels of Taurine

Let me know your thoughts
Thank You

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#156  Post by exitium » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:05 am

jpoww wrote:High Level of Aspartame, salicylates or GI Bacteria

This could be your issue right here. Has he taken antibotics in the last few months? Oxalic acid seems to go through the roof when there is a candida overgrowth in the gut.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#157  Post by jpoww » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:02 am

He does have candidia overgrowth. We both have candidia overgrowth and we have been working on trying to get it undercontrol. The thing is, my candidia over growth is just as bad and my oxalic acid levels are not high. The only difference between us that I can think of is that he is taking high dosage of vitamin C and I am not.
I just want to know is it that big of a deal if someone's oxalic acid is that high? what is at risk if its high, other than kidney stones.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#158  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:17 am

Again, he is expelling it out the urine and the only risk I have heard of is kidney stones. Like his protocol.

eDOC - if you happen to get here, what is your experienced with oral DMSO and "candidia overgrowth?"
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#159  Post by exitium » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:49 am

jpoww wrote:He does have candidia overgrowth. We both have candidia overgrowth and we have been working on trying to get it undercontrol. The thing is, my candidia over growth is just as bad and my oxalic acid levels are not high. The only difference between us that I can think of is that he is taking high dosage of vitamin C and I am not.
I just want to know is it that big of a deal if someone's oxalic acid is that high? what is at risk if its high, other than kidney stones.

It wouldnt surprise me if different people respond differently to any given disease or infection.

Have you tried metulla tea?

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#160  Post by jpoww » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:50 pm

no I haven't what is it?

purposefirst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#161  Post by purposefirst » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:13 pm

jpoww wrote:He does have candidia overgrowth. We both have candidia overgrowth and we have been working on trying to get it undercontrol.

From 2011 to 2013 I was taking antibiotics as part of my Lyme treatment, which of course led to candida overgrowth.

The problem continued even after getting off of the antibiotics. I tried several brands of probiotics with very little success. Finally I recently found one that really works. It's Pure Encapsulations brand, called "Probiotic 123," which is in powder form. I get it from Pureformulas which gives you the option of shipping with or without a "cooler with ice pack." The ice pack deal costs an extra $25 but it is well worth it!!! (Probiotics in the health food stores are kept in a cooler, but they receive them shipped WITHOUT the cold pack, which may be why they seem to not work. Dead microbes will not help.)

https://www.pureformulas.com/probiotic- ... tions.html

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#162  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Hope this isn't a bug - not sure why this has a date of Oct 5th and not responded to. n Maybe just more visible in the new forum?

Anyway, it is unknown to me how well lypo-C or any liposomal vitamin C works visa vis heart disease.
It may work great, but we think we know the regular ascorbic acid powder works, and any recommendation to add vitamin C in liposomal form is as an "add-on", especially for people who have difficulty tolerating a lot of vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#163  Post by jpoww » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Ofonorow, it must be a bug because that was the subject of an older post but I did I have a question on one of your post you replied earlier...
ofonorow wrote:Again, he is expelling it out the urine and the only risk I have heard of is kidney stones. Like his protocol.

eDOC - if you happen to get here, what is your experienced with oral DMSO and "candidia overgrowth?"

What do you mean by the last sentence? he does have very bad candidia overgrowth....never heard anything about DMSO.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#164  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:16 am

Just wondered given eDOC's experience with DMSO whether it can be used to treat the fungal CANDIDAS infection.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#165  Post by jpoww » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:37 am

ok I will look into that. So now as for as the high levels of Oxalic..since he has been doing Linus Pauling Protocol for 3yrs now and he is not had or very had any kidney stones so we are going to continue the vitamin C like we have been doing ....Thank You so much for your replies

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”