please advise.. 3 heart attacks & stenosis

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: please advise.. 3 heart attacks & stenosis

Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 am

While it is understandable that well-meaning, highly intelligent people have "missed" Pauling and his message (there haven't been any studies !?!?), in my opinion, if anyone is discussing heart disease, without mentioning vitamin C, they are probably fallen for a trap set by big pharma and they are simply on the wrong track.

What I don't understand, is how or why a regular member of this forum would direct people to the wrong track regarding heart disease??
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:27 am

ofonorow wrote:While it is understandable that well-meaning, highly intelligent people have "missed" Pauling and his message (there haven't been any studies !?!?), in my opinion, if anyone is discussing heart disease, without mentioning vitamin C, they are probably fallen for a trap set by big pharma and they are simply on the wrong track.

What I don't understand, is how or why a regular member of this forum would direct people to the wrong track regarding heart disease??

I wrote to Chris Masterjohn and asked him if he was familiar with Pauling and Rath's work and he replied that he was not so I gave him the link to the Unified Theory page. His mission seems to be debunking the mainstream idea that "high cholestreol causes CVD" and so reduce cholesterol by any means etc.

I was reading the above page and found this;

The mechanisms by which ascorbate resupplementation prevents the exacerbation of hypercholesterolemia and related CVD include an increased catabolism of cholesterol. In particular, ascorbate is known to stimulate 7a-hydroxylase, a key enzyme in the conversion of cholesterol to bile acids and to increase the expression of LDL receptors on the cell surface. Moreover, ascorbate is known to inhibit endogenous cholesterol synthesis as well as oxidative modification of LDL (1).

Masterjohn should be interested in this since he speaks alot about reduced LDL receptor activity and the increased amount of time the LDL particles spend in the bloodstream. I hope he reads this!
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 am

Thank you for taking the ball tjohnson_nb and running with it! Our mission is to spread the word, and that was a big help. I too will be interested in his response.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jpoww » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:13 pm

ofonorow, I don't know if you remember my husbands history from this post but just a recap..his last heart attack in september he suffered muscle damage. Ejection Fraction rate is 35% .
He was driving to work on monday, got short of breath. He thought it was another blockage so he took a nitroglycerin pill, shortly after he passed out. Long story short, he went to the hospial and his cardiologist did an angiogram..no blockages. He said it could have been from his heart damage. He put him motoprol 25mg, rampiril 5mg, along with his usually effient and lipator.
his doctor said to keep his blood pressure low to help the heart.My question is can you reverse the damage to the heart muscle? Can he bring those damage muscles back to life?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:33 pm

The father of a volunteer here at the foundation had an ejection fraction around 10%. They found a cardiologist out of Naperville Illinois who helped him raise it to 85% (w/pacemaker). All conventional.
(My brother was not helped by high vitamin C, stem cells, etc. If it were me, I would see this cardiologist in Naperville if I had a problem such as you describe.)

Now, I was posting this link in another forum/topic but it does answer your question as perhaps the optimal nutritional means to increase energy in heart cells, and presumable increase heart function.

http://www.internetwks.com/pauling/jon.html

CCME stands for Carnitine Coq10 Magnesium and Vitamin E

Knowing of Bruch Ames work, I would add Alpha Lipoic Acid to the team of nutrients responsible for energy in cells. Your husband might try the Leibovitz CCME program. Let us know what happens.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jpoww » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:40 pm

you wouldnt happen to know this doctors name would you?
I had read about Dr. Sinatra's awesome foursome and put my husband on this in january. He was on 300mg of your CoQ10, 2,000Grams of L-carintine, 10grams of D-Ribose and 800mg of magnesium glycinate and 400iu of Vit. E. He was getting shortness of breath very often, then I read on this forum that CHF was a deficincy in CoQ10 and that he should take 600-1200mg of CoQ10 . So we increased his CoQ10 from 300mg to 600mg this pass week and his shortness of breath has gotten alot better. I will try increasing it to 800mg soon to see if makes it go away completely.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I can get the name of the cardiologist in Naperville, but probably not wise to post it here.

I was showing someone Linus Pauling's regimen - in How to Live Longer and Feel Better - 800 IU of good vitamin E (e.g. Unique-E from AC Grace)

And I noticed he also recommended from 20,000 to 40,000 iu vitamin A!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jpoww » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:53 pm

You can email it to me jpoww2010 at yahoo
my husband is taking 37,000iu of vitamin A already and he is taking 400iu of vitamin E mixed tocopherols.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jpoww » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:07 pm

ofonorow, we went to see our gastroenterologist today because he has been suffering with bloating and gas and other GI symptoms. When she heard he was taking 26grams of vit. c she said the bloating could be coming from that because it could be irritating his stomach. she suggested taking vitamin c in another form called Ester C. I said what if we add baking soda to the vitamin c and she said thats not going to help it.
I'm not sure I agree with her but I wanted to get your opinion. What is Ester C? could he use ester c and still continuing getting the linus pauling benefits?

Thanks

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 pm

I usually get bloating and gas just prior to reaching bowel tolerance - to me this is a sign that it is doing it's work. I take a mixture of straight AA and Ascorbate salts (potassium, magnesium,zinc, and calcium) - about a tsp each in a glass of water. I honestly feel like I experience bloating and gas more because of over-eating or drinking - its like the ascorbic converts all the bad stuff to a gas so the more in your gut the more gas you get.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:12 pm

jpoww wrote:ofonorow, we went to see our gastroenterologist today because he has been suffering with bloating and gas and other GI symptoms. When she heard he was taking 26grams of vit. c she said the bloating could be coming from that because it could be irritating his stomach. she suggested taking vitamin c in another form called Ester C. I said what if we add baking soda to the vitamin c and she said thats not going to help it.
I'm not sure I agree with her but I wanted to get your opinion. What is Ester C? could he use ester c and still continuing getting the linus pauling benefits?

Thanks

The problem with Ester-C, in our opinion, is the calcium. Take 26 grams and you are getting too much calcium.

But the previous poster is correct - as you get close to the individual's vitamin C bowel tolerance limit, and 26 grams is a good amount - you will see these symptoms.

I would back off to around 20-25 grams, and then add liposomal vitamin C. One or two packets later in the day.

A commercial brand, such as livonlabs.com Lypo-C, will not caused any of these digestive issues, and will pack an additional punch that would likely be helpful in your husbands case.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jpoww » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:26 am

So adding baking soda won't help solve the problem?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 am

jpoww wrote:So adding baking soda won't help solve the problem?

Not necessarily gastric/indigestion. Baking soda can help with the GERD-like pain at the bottom of the esaphogus.

I agree with posters who say that "natural vitamin C" similar to what is found in food is ideal, and that resorting to something like a liposomal C should be used with care, however, in the case of severe heart disease, I see nothing wrong with adding liposomal C - on top of the natural (ascorbic acid) vitamin C. Taking more of his vitamin C as Lypo-C, as was mentioned, is likely to reduce the gastric symptoms.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jpoww » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:03 pm

one pack of liposomal C is 1,000mg of vitamin c?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Simple question. There are no simple answers.

My estimate after considerable discussion at this forum is that one packet is roughly equivalent to 5000 mg of ordinary vitamin C.

It may be more or less.

The question that is unanswered is how 5 packets (5 grams by mouth) can be as clinically effective as a 25 g IV -directly into the vein? As this seems to be the case.

Some is explained by loss on the gut - 50% said Pauling.

But how could 5 grams in the blood exceed 25 grams in the blood. Only answer is that the 5 grams are still encapsulated in nanosized liposomes on the blood.

It may be that livon's estimate of a 10,000 mg equivalence to 1 packet Lypo-C is valid.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”