please advise.. 3 heart attacks & stenosis

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: please advise.. 3 heart attacks & stenosis

Post Number:#136  Post by jpoww » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:18 pm

can he drink egg protien instead of the ones you mentioned?

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#137  Post by jpoww » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 am

Johnwen, I called the doctors office this morning and the lady told me she couldn't find the E/E RATIO but she found the E/A Ratio was 70.47
I will try to get a copy of the eco report this afternoon. What does that ratio of 70.47 indicate?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#138  Post by Johnwen » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Sorry, but been busy lately.
70.47 means his left ventricle is functioning good as far as filling.
Rather then wear my fingers off I did a search and wiki had a pretty good presentation others went over my head and I know what all this is about. The others had too many IF,ANDs and BUTTS. Which is ok if your going to use it for diagnosing a problem but to learn what it is straight forward is best which is what wiki did. So here it is!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E/A_ratio
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#139  Post by jpoww » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:47 pm

So why did they talk to us about considering Defibrillator/pacemaker implant? and his EF rate did go down so something must have gotten worse right?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#140  Post by Johnwen » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:05 pm

That’s what E/E ratio would give an idea what kind of volume the heart is handling with each stroke and give an idea if there is hesitation or low volume.
I going to give you an example and comparison of what a heart attack does to the heart using the hand as an example. This I found over the years has made an explanation of heart problems more understandable.
First you know what a Bp cuff pressure bulb is? The thing they squeeze and pump up the cuff with, by squeezing it!

When the blood is cut off to a section of the heart after a period that piece of the heart dies and makes it not work. Now you look at your hand and squeeze the bulb No Problem! Now we tape a popsicle stick to the middle finger so you can’t bend it. Squeeze the Bulb! Problem Yes! You can do it but not very good. This is what the heart muscle is up against after an MI. It can do it’s job but not so good.
Now let’s add another problem! Where the MI occurred on the heart let’s say the nerves feeding the muscle below the MI, went thru where the MI occurred. Blocked nerve fibers! Now we take and tape the other two fingers together tight No Stick. Now try an squeeze the bulb!!!
Not so good HuH!! Makes you not want to do it for very long ?? How about 70 times a minute for 24 hours a day for 30 years or more ???
To over come this problem a pacemaker can be put in. The leads of the pacemaker are placed in the bottom of the heart and send their signals back the other way up the heart. It sync’s with the top half of the heart. This is like before you wrapped the bottom two fingers Not perfect but Lot Better!!
It’s also a lot less energy used.
The ICD part of the pacemaker would be a safety device in case the nerve conduction gets jumbled up and things start going crazy. This can happen when the nerve fibers in the dead zone try to reroute and start sending signals where there isn’t suppose to be any. It happens!!
For understanding this is about the simplest I can make this. It’s tough for me not to go into a whole lot of detail but I’m trying to make this as understandable as possible. Hope it helps!
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#141  Post by ofonorow » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:09 am

it helped me!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#142  Post by jpoww » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:41 pm

Yes that helps me understand it alot better. I got the echocrdiogram report back and I do not see an E/E ratio. I will type what I do see and maybe that can help some and you can help transalate this report to me so I can understand it better
Diagnosis: CAD/Hypotension/mitral and tricuspid regurgitation
BP: 96/68 mmHg
2D&M-Mode Measurements(cm):
LVED: 5.7 LVES: 4.1
IVS: 1.2 PW:0.8
AR: 3.4 LVOT:
AV: 1.7 RV: 1.7
LA: 4.3
Doppler/Color Flow Findings(m/s):
Aortic Valve: (V1/V2): 0.81/0.93
Mitral Valve (Peak E/Peak A): 0.71/0.47
RVSP: 31-35mmHg
Pulmonic Valve: 0.67-Trail PI
Echo Findings:
Quality: Techincally adequate study
Left Ventricle: Mild left ventricular enlargement with Ejection fraction 28-30%
Left Atrium: Mild left atrial enlargement
Right Ventricle: Normal in size, structure and function
Right Atrium: Normal in size, structure and function
Aortic Valve: Slightly thickened
Mitral Valve: slightly thickened with minimal mitral valve prolapse
Pulmonic Valve: Normal structure with mild PI
Tricuspid Valve: Normal structure with mild TR
Aortic Root: Prominent
Pericardium: normal
Impression:
Techincall difficult study with reduced images.
Normal size chambers with mild left atrial enlargement
Moderate reduction of LV systolic function at 30% (deterioration)
Thickened aortic and mitral valve leaflets
Minimal mitral valve prolapse
Prominent aortic root
Minimal to mild tricuspid regurgitation
Trival pulmonic insufficiency
Mild mitral regurgitation
Mild pulmonary hypertension at PA pressure of 35mmHg

My husband says he feels fine. He has no symptoms of fluid retention or shortness of breath. He jogs on the treadmill 3 days a week and lifts weights too. He is very active outdoors with yard work. He doesn't think he needs a pacemaker/defibrillator implant and says he would rather have an external difibrillator for emergencies. Any advice?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#143  Post by ofonorow » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:40 am

johnwen is the expert. I will say that this is an exchange of information. The doctor is actually seeing the patient! And as johnwen explained, a major purpose of the pacemaker is to synchronize the various parts of the heart so that it will not require as much energy.. I'd listen long and hard to a doctor, and if you don't trust the doctor, why are you going to him?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#144  Post by Johnwen » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:16 pm

JP:

Is there a AVA on that report???
research!

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#145  Post by jpoww » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:36 am

Whats an AVA? I don't see anything on the report that says anything close to AVA.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#146  Post by Johnwen » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:42 am

AVA Stands for "Aortic Valve Area."

AR: 3.4

Aortic Valve: (V1/V2): 0.81/0.93

Aortic Valve: Slightly thickened

Aortic Root: Prominent

Moderate reduction of LV systolic function at 30% (deterioration)

Mild mitral regurgitation

Mild pulmonary hypertension at PA pressure of 35mmHg

All of the above are indicitive of a Aortic valve problem. We talked about this in a prveious post about your husband.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10417&hilit=ostium

AVA is a calculated figure on the newer echos the machine does the math and their also able to look at the valve itself to confirm if it's a bicuspid or stenotic valve. It appears this is not the case with their equiptment.
My assumption with his age etc. their is a good possibilty he has a bicuspid aortic valve that is becoming stenotic and releasing debris which could very well be the cause of his heart attacks. An AVA figure would give a good idea how things are restricted. Without it! It would be an educated guess at best!
Last edited by Johnwen on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
research!

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#147  Post by jpoww » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:50 am

What does a bicuspid aortic valve that is becoming stenotic mean? how to they fix that? or what can you do to fix that? and does this have anything to do with the doctor's talking about a pacemaker/defibrillator for him?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#148  Post by Johnwen » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:04 am

I discissed this here back in 2011.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8976

The other questions would best be answered by his doctor. It's possible they see something that they feel would be benifical for him. It would be speculation on my part without knowning him or his records.
research!

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#149  Post by jpoww » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Ofonorow,
I know Linus Pauling was not concerned with LDL and HDL. I know he looked at Lp(a) as an important number. My husbands latest cholesterol results were a total cholesterol of 218
His Lp(a) was 18 and the range was anything less that 75 was good
LPL-P was high at 1854 nmol/L range was anything less that 1000 was good
LDL-C was high at 146 mg/dL anything less than 100 was good
HDL Total was 28.5 umol/L anything less greater than 30.5 was good
Small LDL-P was high at 880 nmol/L anything less than 527 is good
LDL Size is 21

So my question is, since his Lp(a) seems to be good and his total cholesterol is kind of high....should I be so concerned about that total? and I worry about the particle sizes and if he is making to many small LDL? are the particle size something I need to be worried about? should I be worried about how low his HDL is and how high his LDL is?

Thank You
Josie

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#150  Post by exitium » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:34 am

jpoww wrote:So my question is, since his Lp(a) seems to be good and his total cholesterol is kind of high....should I be so concerned about that total? and I worry about the particle sizes and if he is making to many small LDL? are the particle size something I need to be worried about? should I be worried about how low his HDL is and how high his LDL is?

Cholesterol elevates for many reasons, and your husbands levels arent horribly high. That being said pauling therapy should lower them in time. Another great goto nutrient is niacin (the good old flush type) it will not only lower cholesterol but also lower homocystine levels, increase blood flow and reduce red blood cell clumping.

After seeing Ownes praises about it I got the book he always mentions and started taking it myself at 1g 3x a day with meals. One word of caution though, you have to build up the dose slowly due to the flush. And if you miss any doses, drop your dosage again when you start it up.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”