Posting for nineboy - angina and starting PT

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Posting for nineboy - angina and starting PT

Post by ofonorow » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:43 am

Hi Owen, Yes I can get in to the Forum and log in etc. However I feel slightly backward at going forward.

I am just out of hospital here with chest pains. Long story but it seems my angina has returned and is unstable, waking me at night. They have me on Nitro patches during the day and I have started my Linus Pauling therapy, 6 grams of Vit. C, 6 Grams of L-Lysine and 1500mg of proline plus 100 mg of Coenzyme Q10, 100 mg. Lots more I could say but I believe I am on the right track. Help me get started. Yes I am nineboy and that will be clear to you, when I get this all out. Thanks to the Foundation for all the info. Should I start with a phone call. Regards nineboy.

What I know of unstable angina - I learned from Dr. Levy in STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER (livonbooks.com). It can be a dangerous condition that might be best handled with a bypass operation. However, the best chance to avoid the operation is doing what you are doing. You might require even more vitamin C, while the lysine and proline dosages are probably adequate.

More of your history, meds and other supplements would be helpful. Should be minimially taking Pauling's recommendations from his book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER (e.g. B-complex, Vitamins A and E). I have these plus other recommendations in the excerpt from our book: http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Posting for nineboy - angina and starting PT

Post by nineboy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks Owen, For getting me started. I guess I'm trying to fight my family history. Dad died at 56 with some kind of thrombosus. Older brother died during triple by-pass about thirty years ago. Both heavy smokers. I'm not. Mother lived to 95 which gives me a slight plus. So I have always been aware of the danger of heart problems. My doctor put me on Pravachol when I was in my fifties to keep my cholesterol in check.
In 2006 I had 2 stents inserted in my left descending artery.Bare metal stents. This gave me lots of relief for years but took a little getting used to.
In 2010. I started again having chestiness. 5 Stents inserted in Right Coronary artery. I still didn't feel right after this but put it down to procedure.
In 2011 Chestiness returned and slight shortness of breath. 2 stents inserted in Left Circumflex artery. Felt much better after this procedure and life continued.
Here I must say I felt enough was enough and started reading internet about ways to try something on my own. I must say here I can honestly say I have always felt nothing but praise for my own Doctor and Cardiolgist. They have always pushed me forward in a professional manner. Anyway I did read Linus Pauling's theory and went out and bought various Vitamin c and pills. Eventually finding a regime of Plain Ascorbic acid and Lysene plus Proline which took some finding in this area. Once I got going and with the stenting I felt my best in years exercising, walking and dancing. Great. Then 3 months ago while walking moderly again slight chestiness. Still take my prescriptions as well. Pravastatin 40 mg. Irbsartan 150mg, Propranolol 40 mg and Aspirin 81mg.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by Johnwen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Sounds like the last time you visited the hospital they really couldn't find anything. Which is a good sign. Next time you see your doc ask him/her instead of the patches you could take Isosorbide ER which is a pill form of Nitro in extended release form. I covered a bunch in one of my other posts about how the heart sometimes gets ticked off with stents. This is called vasospasms see if your doc thinks you might have this if so ask him about Nifedipine ER which is a calcium channel BP med that was originally designed for vasospasms but it also lowers BP.
These two would probably help in your case. None of meds now or the two I'm talking about have reactions with Pauling protocal. The statin your taking! I think by now you realise don't do any good at helping your problem since you now have what is A Full Metal Jacket in your arteries from all the stents in there. As far as the angina here's a link that covers just about all aspects of it, in easy to understand language. Theres more info on the links on the right side of the page on the page it'll take you to.

http://www.anginapain.org/angina-symptoms_2.html
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Well, Thanks for the information. I guess I will put all info together and try to see what direction it will take me. Yes I have wondered about all the statins I've taken. Glad I jumped in to taking Vitamin C, Lysene and Proline plus Coezyme Q10 and will continue this. I stopped taking Vitamin E not sure why and apart from starting again which other Vitamin should I perhaps choose.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 am

I stopped taking Vitamin E not sure why and apart from starting again which other Vitamin should I perhaps choose.

How long ago did you stop vitamin E???? Turns out that this course of action is not wise , although my experience may be in people who weren't supplementing a lot of vitamin C.

The very best vitamin E out there is Unique-E from A.C. Grace, available from Life Extension LEF.ORG. I would keep taking at least 400 iu vitamin E daily (although the anti-CVD dosage from the mouth of the Founder of A. C. Grace was 1600 to 2000 iu (4 to 5 pills in the a.m.)

As far as other supplements, Pauling's basic regimen is a must. This excerpt contains all of Pauling's basic advice (from his book HTLLAFB) plus more advice based on almost 20 years of experience with Pauling's therapy in heart patients.

http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Well somehow I got talked out of Vitamin E and only started again Yesterday taking 400 iu. I have both books of Paulings and yours with Sally Jewell.and have been sitting reading through them again. Also reading up about angina and Vitamin e with Andrew Saul's articles on the net. I did look at the angina articles, Vasospasms and medicines which might relieve. Yes sometimes scary stuff for me to read and I am still having episodes of some kind of chestiness. Nitro spray seems to help somewhat. I am on the whole feeling pretty good and then a feeling comes over me and I'm not sure if it is angina or not. I am taking all information in and appreciate all help. Maybe with feeling so good in 2011 and quite a bit of 2012 I let my guard down but I have always continued with Vit.C and Lysene then Proline when I found it. Regards nineboy.

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi Would like to back up just a bit to say that I do have some results from my Angiogram last week. I still have to go over this with my cardiologist, might be November. I was told the stents were clear. Which if this is correct I would put down to Linus Pauling and also all the information you people put out. Unfortunately I do have a problem with D1 small calibre artery 80 percent blocked close to Left Descending Artery and also a 50 percent blockage to small artery branching from Right Coronary artery. Both blockages are close to main arteries and not suitable for intervention. I'm not a expert but only looking at diagram they give. So there must still be blood flowing through these areas but is restiction giving me Angina or some kind of spasm. Truthfully most times I feel just great, even before these tests, working on a treadmill at level 15 going speed 3.5 or rowing machine etc. However just walking around a Park nearby and I start feeling a slight tightness in the chest. Sit down it goes away. Also I have been wakened up by feeling in chest and heart rate of about 120. That's what took me into hospital this last time and scared the hell out of me. I have been back at Gym this week, not doing anything over 95 heart rate told to take it nice and easy. Small easy walk around the Park this morning not too far. No pain. Yesterday I came in from drive out for groceries and had that feeling in chest which seemed to be relieved with Nitro spray plus I am wearing nitro patch. I am still taking 6 grams. Vit.C and Lysene and 1500 mg Proline. 100 mg Coezyme Q10 and now 400 iu of Vit E. Plus Small Aspirin and Avapro and Propranolol. Cut back on the Pravastatin 40 mg though they would like me to take 80mg which I am shying away from for now. I read about double doses of statins. Sitting here right now I feel good but my body lets me know when it is coming. It can be pretty scary! Thanks for listening. nineboy.

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Been looking through some sites on Angina and they mention CQ10 which I take 100mg. Also mention L Carnitine would help with angina so I have picked up some Capsules. I see you recommend 1 to 3 grams but wondered if I should start at 500mg to start with. Also might I up my CQ10 to 200mg. I had one chest pain this morning waiting for a friends eye exam. I had my nitro patch on but it still felt my chest very uneasy so I took 1 spray of nitro which after a little, it settled down. Just wondered what you thought before I jumped in taking more pills. My cardiologist is still away but I might be lucky to see him next week. Busy people. I have looked through your articles on angina and Vasospams and hope to be able to discuss this with him as well. Regards.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:22 am

Glad you restarted vitamin E - as vitamins E and C complement (recycle) each other.

If you are taking a statin drug - your cells will be depleted of CoQ10 and that will lead to pain.

So yes, at least 200 mg CoQ10, but if I really felt I should take these drugs, I'd probably up my CoQ10 to 600 or even 1200 mg daily. (Take CoQ10 with fats, as bile is needed for it to be absorbed. Ironically, bile is made of cholesterol, so one way these statin drugs may be lowering circulating CoQ10, is by preventing the absorption of what little CoQ10 there is in foods, mostly in meats.)

I think finding bowel tolerance (see orthomed.com/titrate.htm) of vitamin C is the crucial issue. 6000 mg may be less than half of what your body needs daily to halt the progression of the disease. I used to say that 10 g ought to be sufficient for 90% of the population - based on the anecdotal reports we have received. But there are individuals in apparent good health who require/take up to 30,000 mg daily)

The dosages of lysine and proline are what have worked in hundreds of people (that we know of) in the past.

Everything else is probably secondary at this point - as long as you are following Pauling's basic supplement program - vitamins A, B-complex, multi vit/mineral.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Just thought I'd report in. Feeling much better in myself. Still haven't met with cardiologist yet maybe this week? Anyway I have been taking 10 g of vitamin c plus 6 grams of lysine and 1500 mg proline these last few days. I switched to vit.c 1000 mg pills instead of powder so manage an extra four during the day. No sign of BT yet and I will try and keep to 10 grams for now. Still on 400iu of e and 500 mg of carintine. Also I have been taking 300mg of CQ 10. Plus a 1 gr Fish oil capulet. Yes still taking my Pravastatin, Avapro and Propranolol plus small Aspirin. I have still had a small chest pain one evening but 1 shot of nitro seemed to relieve it plus still on patch. I was basically at rest at the time. I space out my pill taking throughtout the day and seem to manage not too bad. That's it for now. Regards.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I have been taking 10 g of vitamin c plus 6 grams of lysine and 1500 mg proline these last few days. I switched to vit.c 1000 mg pills instead of powder so manage an extra four during the day. No sign of BT yet and I will try and keep to 10 grams for now.

There are a lot of things to point you to that illustrate if you have no bowel tolerance reaction at 10,000 mg - then you need more vitamin C, maybe a lot more. Try to find out by increasing the C to see where your approximate BT point is - by taking more frequently throughout the day (not more at one time necessarily).

For example we posted the link to Hugh Riordin lecture where he explained why he routinely tests vitamin C blood levels. After some kind of trauma - insect bite maybe - he had an IV/C - measured his blood levels - and there was zero vitamin C in his blood, even after the intravenous infusion. For 4 days! Point is that when your cells need vitamin C - they take it out of the blood quickly, and you would be wise to put as much in your body as it will tolerate. (In my lay opinion, of course :)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi There, I am continuing to increase Vitamin c, up to 12 grams now. Not sure about BT yet but have no problem in regards to Bowel movements. Tomorrow I am going to try 16 grams and see how that goes. Yesterday had terrible chest pain around 0900 which eventually eased with 3 shots of nitro. No problems since and this morning I was around the Park and felt like I could have did more. No appointment yet with cardiologist, still waiting. So continuing on with Pauling's Therapy and hoping this pain goes away. Today I feel fairly normal, no pain. Just felt like reporting in. Regards nineboy.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Good, Keep upping the C.

You might have a packet of supplements handy, for when you experience the chest pain, which should minimally include magnesium. (Probably pruned is the discussion of how a magnesium IV cut the mortality (death) rate for heart attacks in the ICU by about 50%..)

At least 300 mg of magnesium - up to 1000 mg. (More than that and you might pass
out from low blood pressure.)

I would include a 500 or 1000 mg vitamin C pill and a 500 mg lysine pill.

Maybe a 500 mg arginine pill.

Maybe a packet of Lypo-C.

Along with your nitro (which works basically the same as the argninie - NO)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:49 am

Hi,I have been taking just over 14 grams of vitamin c and loose stool and rushing to bathroom started. So have cut back to 10 or 12 grams for now. Yesterday I walked fairly briskly around Park nearby for 40 minutes no pain and have not had to use nitro spray since last incident. However I think I overdid it a bit and need to take things slightly slower. I am inclined to rush things but it gives me a good idea what I can do. Thanks for tips on what to keep on hand in case of chest pain. Also I did watch one lecture by Riordin not sure if it was the one mentioned. Anyway I'm keeping on Pauling therapy and will keep reporting in.

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by nineboy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 pm

I did revert to 14 grams of vit. C to check my BT level. Yesterday I took 2 grams twice in the morning, twice in the afternoon and twice in early evening and decided to take another 2 in evening. Thats on top of my 6 grams of lysene and 1500 mgs of proline. Wow did I have a sore stomach and loose stool. Anyway it did settle down and I did get to sleep.
Today I decided to go for 12 grams but after 10 grams again rushed to bathroom and loose stool. So perhaps my body is saying 10 grams for now? I have not been having any chest pain and for now really feel quite well. No I will not go off my pauling theraphy and have just bought another container of Ascorbic Acid powder. Yes I did go back to powder as I felt the tablets I had were giving me problems. I am amazed at some of the material you can read and I am doing Dosage, dosage, dosage. It's unbebelieveable how much you might need in the case of an insect bite and not any Vit.C showing up after 15 grams injected. Last night I sat and read through some of Medical Maveriks, amazing reading. I am not slated to see cardiologist until late Nov. So will continue on therapy and get as much exercise in as I can. regards nineboy.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”