Low Cholesterol, worried about taking high vitamin C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Low Cholesterol, worried about taking high vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:38 am

Dear Mr Fonorow

I have a copy of your book, and I have read several other books about cholesterol, eg those by Uffe Ravnskov.

You say that Vitamin C reduces cholesterol. I wonder what large doses of Vitamin C do to a person whose cholesterol is already low.

My husband, aged 79, has had a small heart attack which was triggered by intense caused by the removal of three squamous cell carcinomas from his scalp. He also has some CHF and right bundle branch block.

His cholesterol level has been low for many years - right at the bottom of "normal" - probably for as long as it has been tested. The level is about 3.6 mmol/L (about 140 mg/dl).

We don't know why it is low, because mine never has been, and we eat very similarly. There must be some other cause than diet.

What happens if my husband takes large doses of Vitamin C? He would not want his cholesterol to be any lower, in fact it would probably be better if he had more cholesterol, because of the wonderful things cholesterol does.

Have you any knowledge of this? Could it be that large doses of Vitamin C do not actually lower cholesterol , but tend to normalise it?

I would be very interested to know.

I hope you can help.

Thank you.

Val

Pauling wrote about Ginter's findings that vitamin C in fact "normalizes" cholesterol to 180 mg/dl.

I doubt he would be harmed by taking more vitamin C (sounds like he needs it).

An interesting discussion at this forum suggests that possibly low manganese can lead to low cholesterol, but if one supplements manganese, they must also supplement much more magnesium.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Low Cholesterol, worried about taking high vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by jimmylesante » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:26 am

Just trying to find the right thread for this link, this seems ok.
http://preventdisease.com/news/13/080813_Scientific-Papers-Prove-That-People-With-High-So-Called-Bad-LDL-Cholesterol-Live-Longest.shtml
VitaminB3 as Niacin is supposed to help "normalise" cholesterol as well.

A "Greg Fonorow" is mentioned in the thread, any relation?
Last edited by jimmylesante on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Low Cholesterol, worried about taking high vitamin C

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 am

Would like to know this gentleman's following levels if available.
Glucose
Triglycerides
One they probably didn't do! Insulin
Creatinine
Bilirubin

Go on the V-C it sounds like he could use it NOW!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”