Teeth Staining

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Teeth Staining

Post Number:#1  Post by jpoww » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Can vit c cause teeth staining? Since my husband has been on the vit. c he has noticed his teeth are getting darker.

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Teeth Staining

Post Number:#2  Post by skyorbit » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:34 am

Is it possible his teeth are creating new Dentin to fill cavities that he has? Dentin's typically darker then enamel.

Tracy

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by jpoww » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:45 am

so what should he do to stop the dark color? It looks like he has been eating coal. is it bad for his teeth to create new dentin?

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by skyorbit » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:15 pm

No. It's how the teeth heal themselves.

I would do some research on Weston price. He was a dentist who cured people of their cavities my making their they get optimum levels of fish oil, grass fed butter oil, and lo carb diets. More recently we'd discovered that basically what those nutrients were were vitamin A, D, and K2. See my thread on "remineralizing Cavities naturally" for a good place to start viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9968 .

New Dentin makes your teeth stronger and denser, so it's a good thing. Typically, my understanding is new enamel can't be created so if the body creates new Dentin to heal cavities, quite likely they will be black where the teeth have healed.

We don't know if this is why his teeth are black in the first place though. It's just the first thing that popped into my head because of my personal research. Perhaps somebody else can come up with some other ideas, or correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm no expert.

Tracy

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by skyorbit » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:20 pm

For the record, I've never heard of C causing teeth staining. It is very important for the synthesis of bone collagen -- including teeth. So in conjunction with the above recommendations, if he already had some damaged teeth in the first place, my theory is plausible. But it's a bit of a long shot, so I do hope somebody else comes here with some alternate theories.

TRacy

randian

Post Number:#6  Post by randian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:41 pm

How is the C being administered to cause tooth regeneration? It is a side effect of drinking C+water (won't coat all your teeth doing that), or is a full swish/mouthwash of a C solution required?

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by jpoww » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:05 pm

we noticed his teeth started to look black after about two months on 22,000mg of vitamin c, 6,000mg of lysine and 1500mg of proline. he was mixing this all in water and sipping it throught the day. I convinced him to let me use one of those whitening strips on his teeth and that helped just with one treatment. Now he is drinking the vitamin c mixture thru a staw and using whitening toothpaste and now the black staining is not so unbearable. I thought it was the vit.c reacting to the metal fillings in his mouth but maybe its this dentin your talking about

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by skyorbit » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:32 pm

randian wrote:How is the C being administered to cause tooth regeneration? It is a side effect of drinking C+water (won't coat all your teeth doing that), or is a full swish/mouthwash of a C solution required?

It's just because C in general is good for collagen synthesis in general. Lysine is one of the main amino acids collagen is made of. This includes bone collagen. Lots of alternative doctors recommend Vitamin C to increase bone density. Teeth are very much like bones. So if he's following a Weston Price protocol as well, (See the thread I linked to above) it's possible.

Tracy

randian

Post Number:#9  Post by randian » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:25 pm

skyorbit wrote:It's just because C in general is good for collagen synthesis in general. Lysine is one of the main amino acids collagen is made of. This includes bone collagen. Lots of alternative doctors recommend Vitamin C to increase bone density. Teeth are very much like bones. So if he's following a Weston Price protocol as well, (See the thread I linked to above) it's possible.

What kind of tooth do you end up with? One with a soft and sensitive biting surface since enamel can't be restored? Sadly, dental enamel can't regenerate because it isn't living tissue; you get all you'll ever have when your adult teeth erupt.

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by skyorbit » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:37 pm

I would encourage you to read any book about or by Weston Price for your answers. I'm really not certain. Dentine itself can become hard and dense and not soft with proper nutrition. (Read through the above mentioned thread and the links others on the forum posted in it.)

Tracy

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by skyorbit » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:40 pm

PS, I'm really hoping somebody else comes up with some other theories here for JPOWW. Because it's doubtful he's following a Weston price protocol already just by accident.

Tracy

randian

Post Number:#12  Post by randian » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:05 pm

skyorbit wrote:I would encourage you to read any book about or by Weston Price for your answers. I'm really not certain. Dentine itself can become hard and dense and not soft with proper nutrition. (Read through the above mentioned thread and the links others on the forum posted in it.)

The thread doesn't even mentin dentin, nor does it talk about the physical qualities of teeth supposedly restored by orthomolecular methods.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by jpoww » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:06 pm

I don't know what the westin price protocol but My husband and I avoid all forms of sugar and carbs even grains. We only eat vegetables, meats, fish, poultry and fats. We stay away from ALL vegetable oils, trans fats and hydrogenated fats. The only fats we eat are coconut oil and animal fats. We also follow PT.

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by skyorbit » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:52 pm

jpoww wrote:I don't know what the westin price protocol but My husband and I avoid all forms of sugar and carbs even grains. We only eat vegetables, meats, fish, poultry and fats. We stay away from ALL vegetable oils, trans fats and hydrogenated fats. The only fats we eat are coconut oil and animal fats. We also follow PT.

Sounds like you're basically following it them. If you eat a lot of fish, you probably get plenty of fish oil which is a good chunk of it. (Vitamins A and D) Do you drink Milk and eat butter from only grass fed cows? Or fish eggs? (These are both great sources of vitamin K2) If you are that's the other big part of it. Combine that with a low carb diet -- it's quite possible that vitamin C was t he only thing you were missing.

Randian: My apologies, you're absolutely correct. My discussion about Dentin comes from a book I read called "Cure Tooth Decay: Remineralize Cavities and Repair Your Teeth Naturally with Good Food [Second Edition]" And it's about the Weston price protocol. But at the end of the book he has pictures and documentation of children who've healed their teeth with this protocol. The new Dentin that comes in is Black. But it's new teeth material, and it will become denser and denser overtime if you have a healthy diet and your teeth continue to mineralize instead of demineralize.

I guess I'm not sure if over time the black color goes away or not.

Tracy

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:08 am

Maybe a dentist will answer the question if the black areas (previously unknown to me) can be cosmetically painted over?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”