Friend's mother diagnosed heart attack, 2 stents

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Friend's mother diagnosed heart attack, 2 stents

Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 pm

75-year old lady. Burning in front and back (upper chest) wakes up with 2 stents and 5 drugs she must take for a year, including

cholesterol lowering drug (her cholesterol is fine)
blood pressure med (her blood pressure is fine)
Plavix
??? (will get back to me)
and Aspirin.

Diagnosed with heart attack and supposedly a single "small blockage". Originally told they put one stent in, now today
she is told she has two stents.

She sounds good and they are releasing her tomorrow. (This must have happened yesterday - Tuesday April 23)

She is reluctant to take any drugs, and asked for advice.

Coincidentally, she had just begun taking 1 scoop of Cardio-C last week.

She said the day of the event, she did something different, including taking " a lot of MSM" and something else she couldn't remember.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Friend's mother diagnosed heart attack, 2 stents

Post by Johnwen » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:26 pm

cholesterol lowering drug -Money maker for drug co.
blood pressure med- If given the right one it also relaxes the heart
Plavix-anti-platlet just incase they did some damage when they placed the stent
???-Probably a Beta-Blocker ends in "LOL" Slows heart rate and reduces the muscle tension in the arteries and heart
Aspirin-Works with the plavix

These are standard for what she had done.
It would be good to know if they used a DES (Drug Eluding Stent) also. It's in the owners manual they gave her with the other paper work. Hang on to this info, so if something goes wrong the threating docs will know what meds they can use in the future.

Coincidentally, she had just begun taking 1 scoop of Cardio-C last week.

The proverbial "To Little Too late!"
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Friend's mother diagnosed heart attack, 2 stents

Post by ofonorow » Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 pm

This case made me think back to how and why we offer Cardio-C -w/ vitamin C, lysine, proline. Cardio-C is a preventive supplement that many people now take to manage their cardiovascular illness. Even Pauling would agree, Cardio-C is not enough. Other nutrients, especially vitamin E, but including magnesium and probably vitamin A are also necessary.

The Tower flagship product is the original Heart Technology. It contains vitamins A and E in addition to vitamin C, lysine and proline, and the reports are overwhelming positive. Thank you Linus Pauling.

Over the years, many people would call asking if we had a vitamin C and lysine only product, because they were already taking their preferred form of vitamin E, or some didn't want the vitamin A in Heart Technology.

Tower did not want to dilute their product line with a similar product and declined to develop a simpler product.

At that point, we decided to come out with a simple product - Cardio-C, that we always positioned as preventive, and if I spoke with people, I would remind them of the other nutrients Pauling recommended, particularly vitamin E.

Bottom line - if you are on Cardio-C, you should be supplementing vitamin E too.

Linus in HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER (1986) identified vitamin E is one of the more important nutrients for heart health, and especially for avoiding heart attacks.

I used to get calls from doctors asking why, if Pauling was correct about vitamin C and cardiovascular disease, did their patients who take the Unique-E product from A.C. Grace have the EKGs clear up and return to normal? We decided to test this idea, and as reported in my book, Carol Smith had the same experience on Unique-E.

I once spoke with the late owner of A C. Grace, who bought the company to keep the process for making Unique-E alive, after he felt the product saved his life.

He recommended 2000 iu (probably 5, 400 iu pills) all at once in the morning.

I read in a Stephen Sinatra book about CoQ10 about a large World Health Organization epidemiological study, that the highest correlation to heart attack was low levels of vitamin E in the blood .

My dad took vitamin E his entire adult life - on the recommendation of our doctor. He ran out, did not buy more, and two weeks later had a heart attack and died at age 69.

My older brother had the same experience. Long term vitamin E consumer, ran out, and 2 weeks later had a heart attack. He survived that heart attack.

I once read that blood cells gestate in the bone marrow for about two weeks.

I am not certain that individuals who are supplementing a lot of vitamin C would require the full 2000 iu dosage (I think people who are not consuming vitamin C may need that much).

So take vitamin C, take lysine to reverse plaques, but take vitamin E too to prevent heart attack.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”