The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

angiew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by angiew » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:32 am

Hi All,

Comments and thoughts about this article/study? Date of article is is 02/10/2009.

Additionally at what levels does vit c taken orally exhibit pro-oxidant effect if any?
Thanks.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/media/news-from-t ... earch.aspx

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by davids1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:33 am

JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks angiew for the link, and thank you Davids1 for the cogent response.

Little in that article makes sense, at least to me, unless it is an attempt to confuse doctors and heart patients about antioxidants.

Angiew, since you seem to have taken an interested in vitamin C and heart disease, one book you might put on your reading list is the Hickey/Roberts ASCORBATE: The Science of Vitamin C (lulu.com/ascorbate). Their dynamic flow theory explains the how and why the half-life of vitamin C is so short in the blood. The 30 minutes half-life has little to do with getting vitamin C to tissues, which gobble vitamin C in the blood up when they need it.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”