Had a scare today.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Had a scare today.

Post Number:#106  Post by eDOC » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:05 pm

jimmylesante wrote:
……Chlorine Dioxide could react & produce Alloxan in labs (Never tried), but not quality activated MMS or CDS.

I see, the CDS is activated first

Stop yanking my chains.....if you are so smart make a plan for randian.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#107  Post by jimmylesante » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:51 am

Stop yanking my chains.....if you are so smart make a plan for randian.
???

Just thinking out aloud,- the Chlorine dioxide in white flower reacts with residual protein to make alloxan,,,allegedly.??
However the other method, i understand,, is to create Chlorine Dioxide and then activate it with fruit juice or similar before ingesting and probably not after or before eating protein??

Don't yank chains-sorry.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#108  Post by eDOC » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:17 am

jimmylesante wrote:
Don't yank chains-sorry.

No worries & need to be sorry, just take care of yrself.

Regards!
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

randian

Post Number:#109  Post by randian » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Finally got a lipids panel done, along with some other stuff. Stupid primary-care physician wouldn't order one, but my endo did. Seems encouraging (drawn 9/18/13). I wonder what if any effect my VC supplementation has on my lipids, though I have no intention of stopping VC to conduct the experiment.

Lipids:
Total Cholesterol: 193
Triglycerides: 112
HDL: 32
Non-HDL: 161
LDL Calc.: 139
VLDL: 22

CMP:
NA improved from 134 to 142
K improved from 3.7 to 4.0
CL improved from 96 to 102.
Anion Gap went up from 17 to 18. Not sure if this is meaningful or just a difference in laboratory methods.

Kidneys:
Creatinine went from 0.80 to 0.67. Is that better?
GFR now 115 from 90.

Vitamins:
B12: 949 pg/mL
Folate: > 20 ng/mL. I take 2k mcg/day of [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolate
25-Hydroxy Vit-D: 49.7 ng/mL. Supplementation of 10k IU/day seems to be working.

Pancreas:
Fasting Insulin: 7. Yeah, I'm insulin resistant.
C-Peptide: 2.3. A bit of beta cell function left.
GAD Ab: < 1.0. Not LADA or not LADA yet. What kind of useless measure is "< 1"? You can't track trends with it.
Fasting glucose: 102 mg/dL

Thyroid/adrenals:
TPO Ab: < 10
Thyroglobulin Ab: < 20. The two antibody tests suggest I don't have Hashimoto's or don't have it yet.
Free T3: 2.8 in a lab range of 2.0-4.8. Low in the range could explain my high TSH and hypo symptoms.
Free T4: 1.2 in a lab range of 0.8-1.7.
Morning cortisol: 18.8 ug/dL (range 4.0-22.0). So I can produce cortisol, at least in the morning. Too bad the endo stupidly didn't order a 24-hour cortisol test.
Plasma ACTH: 11 pg/mL (range 6-50). Secondary adrenal insufficiency?
DHEA Sulfate is way low: 70 ug/dL (range 95-530). Adrenal insufficiency?
No Iron panel or aldosterone test. Important for thyroid evaluation, you'd think.

HA1c down to 7.4 from 11.1 in 40 days :D

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#110  Post by davids1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:56 pm

davids1 wrote:
Saw wrote:I would be curious to see what your bowel tolerance would be taking AA as a powder.
I also would be curious. I've thought about picking up a pound of the powder/crystals [from Trader Joe's], but just never quite got around to it. I may do so one of these days, and if I notice any difference, i.e. vs. the tablets, I will most certainly report so on this forum.
Hi Saw [and all],

So I purchased a pound of the powder/crystals the other day, and ingested around my usual [Bowel Tolerance] amount for the day, e.g. although I did not measure it exactly, I am pretty sure I ingested around 90+ grams of it, i.e. over the course of the day. I did not notice any difference [in terms of Bowel Tolerance (or otherwise)] vs. the tablets, except the powder/crystals definitely were absorbed more quickly, e.g. produced gas/flatus much more quickly. Because of this, i.e. faster "reaction" time, I think Cathcart's recommendation that a person start with the powder/crystals until they get a "feel" for dosing, is a good one, i.e. using the powder/crystals is definitely more precise, because of the speed of the reaction.

Just sharing,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#111  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:35 am

What is your fasting blood sugar?

And I don't understand this comment?

If you were insulin resistant, wouldn't the insulin by higher - say above 30?

Liked your total cholesterol :D
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

randian

Post Number:#112  Post by randian » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:00 pm

ofonorow wrote:What is your fasting blood sugar?

And I don't understand this comment?

If you were insulin resistant, wouldn't the insulin by higher - say above 30?

Liked your total cholesterol :D

Yeah, looks like the ol' vitamin C is doing a good job on my cholesterol.

Fasting glucose: 102 mg/dL from the labs. That was an hour and a half after waking, though. More like 80 if measured immediately after waking (and I exercised the night before).

As I understand it, a non-insulin-resistant individual should have a fasting insulin more like 2-3. A severely insulin resistant individual would have a 30.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#113  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:47 am

So your glucose is normal, and according to wikipeida

Fasting insulin levels

A fasting serum insulin level of greater than the upper limit of normal for the assay used (approximately 60 pmol/L) is considered evidence of insulin resistance.[citation needed]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin_resistance

It was that anti-insulin article posted by johnwen some time ago that keyed me on the high levels insulin can reach. Yours do not seem all that high.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

randian

Post Number:#114  Post by randian » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:12 pm

The fasting insulin test I had uses uUI/mL (range 2-25), not pmol/L. According to a calculator I found online, that equals 48.615 pmol/L, at a conversion ratio of 1 uUI/mL to 6.945 pmol/L. Not over the 60 threshold, but still seems high.

That "normal" glucose level only happened because of my abnormally low-carb diet.

If I'm not insulin resistant, then how the heck did I get T2 diabetes? GAD antibodies tested negative, so it's not LADA unless that's a false negative.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#115  Post by Johnwen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm

If I'm not insulin resistant, then how the heck did I get T2 diabetes?

This perk a question when I read it. Do you take any kind of meds for this condition?
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

randian

Post Number:#116  Post by randian » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Johnwen wrote:This perk a question when I read it. Do you take any kind of meds for this condition?

Novolog 0-4 units per meal.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#117  Post by Johnwen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:35 pm

I see your C-peptide is 2.3 is that "Nanograms per milliliter" or "Nanomoles per Liter?"

If it's ng/mL the range is .50-2.75 which a 2.3 would mean your beta cells are doing just fine!

5 to 25 uUnits/ml is the normal range on insulin a 7 would be a little low but in range combined with a 102 glucose I would say what you are doing is working just fine.

Have you thought about taking a DHEA supplement. I think if you get those levels up you might feel normal again!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 03-533.pdf
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”