Diagnosed with PVC:(

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Diagnosed with PVC:(

Post Number:#16  Post by Johnwen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:48 am

I’m going to have to bow to Edoc this does sound like a spondylotic disc bulge what’s good is there is no sign of myelomalacia.
However he is presenting with cervical radiculopathy, which could take us back to his original problem of PVC’s, that could very well be causing them.

I think for the cost a dynamic radiograph would be the choice at this point to look at what’s going on there and see if any corrective action could be taken.

The concern I have is your weight and the question is when you stopped playing, did you gain weight rapidly? What do YOU contribute that was the cause of this?
Over eating? Laying around too much? Not enough time at the Gym? Etc.?

What I’m trying to see is why there was such a metabolic change that caused this somewhat rapid gain. Remember what happens to your body happens to you heart also!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#17  Post by jimmylesante » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:44 am

Thanks for the response.Well it is, i think just plain laziness and overeating. My second child was born two years ago and so enjoyed more time at home as well. Simply i think too little exercise and too much junk food. The heart was diagnosed at one visit 2years ago as pericarditis due to slightly elevated ST lead I and II. About 6months ago i had a CXR for immigration purposes and it showed normal apart from a pericardial fat pad. The cardiologist who saw me said i had heart symptoms of a teenage girl and they will go with time. Liver function test was fine, serum TSH was fine 1.98mu/l in a range of 0.35-4.5. Pancreas was tested and was normal. Medium acid reflux diagnosed. Fasting glucose is fine, 4.8
I think the weight gain was fairly gradual- it kinda sneaks up on you. I have no work until January so will double the walks every day and start reducing carbohydrates, dairy and fruit. Also up my Vitamin C as per this article on bacteria and back pain being on par with the discovery of H.Pylori, allegedly http://www.naturalnews.com/040354_chronic_back_pain_antibiotics_spinal_injury.html#

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#18  Post by jimmylesante » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:08 am

So down to 254lbs, 10lbs lighter over 4months. I must say it was hard work- harder work than normal.
Beginning to think there is a Hypothyroid/adrenal issue going on so i got myself a book "Your Thyroid and how to keep it healthy." by Dr Barry Durrant-Peatfield
For adrenal function he recommends firstly Vitamin C! Also B5,B6, liquorice root,ginseng, omega 3,co Q10,manganese,magnesium,zinc,chromium,copper.
I must recommend this book, easy to read and highlights the connections between Hypo and adrenal insufficiency and includes all hormones.
It also gives you a list of foods to avoid that depress thyroid function.
At the moment i am doing a poor mans diagnosis and taking my body temp every morning- funnily enough it is around 35.5 to 36.0 infrared monitor to forehead, but when i take temp on my arm it is higher than temp on my head.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#19  Post by exitium » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:32 am

jimmylesante wrote:So down to 254lbs, 10lbs lighter over 4months. I must say it was hard work- harder work than normal.
Beginning to think there is a Hypothyroid/adrenal issue going on so i got myself a book "Your Thyroid and how to keep it healthy." by Dr Barry Durrant-Peatfield
For adrenal function he recommends firstly Vitamin C! Also B5,B6, liquorice root,ginseng, omega 3,co Q10,manganese,magnesium,zinc,chromium,copper.
I must recommend this book, easy to read and highlights the connections between Hypo and adrenal insufficiency and includes all hormones.
It also gives you a list of foods to avoid that depress thyroid function.
At the moment i am doing a poor mans diagnosis and taking my body temp every morning- funnily enough it is around 35.5 to 36.0 infrared monitor to forehead, but when i take temp on my arm it is higher than temp on my head.

Congrats on the weight loss. Stubborn fat generally is a sign of an underfunctioning thyroid which also affects most of the bodies other hormone levels and is often seen in conjunction with low testosterone in men and adrenal fatigue.

No mention of iodine or selenium in the book? I would say lack of iodine and selenium are the 2 major reasons for an underfunctioning thyroid. Dr Brownstein and Dr abraham test all their patients for iodine sufficiency and out of the many thousands 95% have shown to be iodine deficient. Iodine is a key element in the thyroid hormones and selenium is a primary element in the enzymes used to convert T4 to T3.

I highly recommend you check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-I7d-3 ... r_embedded

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#20  Post by jimmylesante » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:33 am

Hi Exitium
He does nail the selenium and iodine- i stupidly listed the Adrenal supplements he recommends. Thanks for the link, very interesting.
He tends to blame a lot on Fluorine taking the space on the hormones where Iodine should be.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#21  Post by eDOC » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:05 am

is often seen in conjunction with low testosterone in men.

Personally I don’t agree with stubborn fat linked to a low testosterone, is generally associated with a change in lifestyle. (i.e diet, mobility etc.)
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#22  Post by exitium » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:47 am

eDOC wrote:
is often seen in conjunction with low testosterone in men.

Personally I don’t agree with stubborn fat linked to a low testosterone, is generally associated with a change in lifestyle. (i.e diet, mobility etc.)

I used to think lifestyle was the main reason as well but over the years I have talked with hundreds of not thousands of people who were having trouble losing fat. ALL of these people were avid exercisers. Some fighters, some weightlifters and some endurance athletes. When I started to inquire about lifestyle some were clearly not following an ideal lifestyle to facilitate fat loss. However, there was a large majority who were logging food intake, easting very clean and exercising like mad yet simply could not get body fat under control. Those that do follow a healthy lifestyle and have issues I think are primarily related to thyroid function which in turn is what caused the low T in the first place, or at least exacerbated it. Adding in testosterone may address one symptom but doesnt address the underlying problem.

I myself had the same problem, I was eating very clean, exercising 5 days a week both weights and cardio. Im very strong for my age and have good endurance yet struggled to get under 15% bodyfat. I continued to log food, alter intake qty and type for nearly 2 years. My endurance and strength would tank I would feel run down and generally suffered from overtraining on the diet that allowed to get me to 15% but once there I couldnt stay there. Once I added in a few hundred more calories a day, strength, endurance and well being came back but then I started gaining fat.

So what was my problem? All labs we in range and the docs blew me off. My primary goal to reanalyze my nutrient intake was due to an arrhythmia but as I began explore in more depth it because obvious I had an under functioning thyroid and possibly adrenal fatigue. Approx 100 days into iodine supplementation (with selenium and associated co supplements) my body skinfold tests have dropped significantly without altering diet or exercise. In actuality in that 100 days since starting iodine Ive actually been out of the gym for 9 weeks due to the flu and recovery from a surgical repair. So technically my average amount of exercise while on iodine has been significantly less than prior.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#23  Post by eDOC » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:27 pm

History of a patient I examined 2 months back.
Middle aged man with the following salient features:
1. Used to be an excellent swimmer, platform diver & a great ball player in his teens & early 20s.
2. Regular smoker since then & occasionally had scotch too.
3. Waist line always btw 28-33” and weight btw 145-160 lbs till a few months back.
4. No history of thyroid or adrenal insufficiency.
5. Testosterone levels in the upper range, since then till now.
6. 1 year ago lost his job, went through a divorce & developed acute post traumatic stress syndrome along with depression.
7. Till then his waist was 34 & weighed 170 lbs.
8. Never was regular gym visitor.
9. After his depression, developed a sedentary life style (couch potato), unhealthy foods, became alcoholic, no mobility.
10. Visited me & found that his weight increased by 20 lbs & waist line from 34 to 40”.
11. Now is getting back to normal, waistline & weight reducing with healthy eating, lifestyle, hydration, mobility & quit drinking.
12. During all this time his testosterone levels were always on the upper side.
13. To summarize his unhealthy life style since a teenager, but with perfect labs, were/are due to regular intake of Vit C & other supplements on a regular basis.

Basically what I am trying to make a point is that causes of stubborn fat are lifestyle, diet, hydration, mobility, genetics & not a low testosterone. Yes low thyroid & adrenals are exceptions.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#24  Post by exitium » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:16 am

eDoc, as sad as it is, you do list a pretty typical scenario.

What really surprises me though, and why I chimed in, is how many people do live an active/healthy lifestyle and still struggle with weight.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#25  Post by eDOC » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:43 am

Bottom line it all comes down to GENETICS!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”