Diagnosed with PVC:(

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Diagnosed with PVC:(

Post by Johnwen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:48 am

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:44 am

Thanks for the response.Well it is, i think just plain laziness and overeating. My second child was born two years ago and so enjoyed more time at home as well. Simply i think too little exercise and too much junk food. The heart was diagnosed at one visit 2years ago as pericarditis due to slightly elevated ST lead I and II. About 6months ago i had a CXR for immigration purposes and it showed normal apart from a pericardial fat pad. The cardiologist who saw me said i had heart symptoms of a teenage girl and they will go with time. Liver function test was fine, serum TSH was fine 1.98mu/l in a range of 0.35-4.5. Pancreas was tested and was normal. Medium acid reflux diagnosed. Fasting glucose is fine, 4.8
I think the weight gain was fairly gradual- it kinda sneaks up on you. I have no work until January so will double the walks every day and start reducing carbohydrates, dairy and fruit. Also up my Vitamin C as per this article on bacteria and back pain being on par with the discovery of H.Pylori, allegedly http://www.naturalnews.com/040354_chronic_back_pain_antibiotics_spinal_injury.html#

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:08 am

So down to 254lbs, 10lbs lighter over 4months. I must say it was hard work- harder work than normal.
Beginning to think there is a Hypothyroid/adrenal issue going on so i got myself a book "Your Thyroid and how to keep it healthy." by Dr Barry Durrant-Peatfield
For adrenal function he recommends firstly Vitamin C! Also B5,B6, liquorice root,ginseng, omega 3,co Q10,manganese,magnesium,zinc,chromium,copper.
I must recommend this book, easy to read and highlights the connections between Hypo and adrenal insufficiency and includes all hormones.
It also gives you a list of foods to avoid that depress thyroid function.
At the moment i am doing a poor mans diagnosis and taking my body temp every morning- funnily enough it is around 35.5 to 36.0 infrared monitor to forehead, but when i take temp on my arm it is higher than temp on my head.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by exitium » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:32 am

jimmylesante wrote:So down to 254lbs, 10lbs lighter over 4months. I must say it was hard work- harder work than normal.
Beginning to think there is a Hypothyroid/adrenal issue going on so i got myself a book "Your Thyroid and how to keep it healthy." by Dr Barry Durrant-Peatfield
For adrenal function he recommends firstly Vitamin C! Also B5,B6, liquorice root,ginseng, omega 3,co Q10,manganese,magnesium,zinc,chromium,copper.
I must recommend this book, easy to read and highlights the connections between Hypo and adrenal insufficiency and includes all hormones.
It also gives you a list of foods to avoid that depress thyroid function.
At the moment i am doing a poor mans diagnosis and taking my body temp every morning- funnily enough it is around 35.5 to 36.0 infrared monitor to forehead, but when i take temp on my arm it is higher than temp on my head.

Congrats on the weight loss. Stubborn fat generally is a sign of an underfunctioning thyroid which also affects most of the bodies other hormone levels and is often seen in conjunction with low testosterone in men and adrenal fatigue.

No mention of iodine or selenium in the book? I would say lack of iodine and selenium are the 2 major reasons for an underfunctioning thyroid. Dr Brownstein and Dr abraham test all their patients for iodine sufficiency and out of the many thousands 95% have shown to be iodine deficient. Iodine is a key element in the thyroid hormones and selenium is a primary element in the enzymes used to convert T4 to T3.

I highly recommend you check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-I7d-3 ... r_embedded

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:33 am

Hi Exitium
He does nail the selenium and iodine- i stupidly listed the Adrenal supplements he recommends. Thanks for the link, very interesting.
He tends to blame a lot on Fluorine taking the space on the hormones where Iodine should be.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:05 am

Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by exitium » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:47 am

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:27 pm

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by exitium » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:16 am

eDoc, as sad as it is, you do list a pretty typical scenario.

What really surprises me though, and why I chimed in, is how many people do live an active/healthy lifestyle and still struggle with weight.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by eDOC » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:43 am

Bottom line it all comes down to GENETICS!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”