CRP Results

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

leshoward
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

CRP Results

Post Number:#1  Post by leshoward » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:44 pm

A buddy of mine(60ys old) just got a CRP of 65....Any comments/suggestions?

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: CRP Results

Post Number:#2  Post by studentroland » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:20 pm

CRP of 65....Any comments?

65 what?

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by eDOC » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:13 pm

A CRP of 65 that is way TOO HIGH.........he has something serious going on inside, would recommend a thorough examination including labs.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#4  Post by studentroland » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:45 am

If it is 65 mg/L, then this site says that:
People who have arthritic conditions tend to have high CRP levels because inflammation underlies these disorders.---- When inflammation levels are being assessed in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease or other autoimmune conditions, the hs-CRP test is not used. Instead, inflammation is evaluated with a test that measures levels in excess of 10 mg/L. With most active infections and inflammatory processes, CRP levels are above 100 mg/L.

and there appear to be two different tests for it...
There are two tests for CRP. One can show a non-specific elevation of CRP that occurs with general inflammatory changes in the body; the other test is hs-CRP - highly sensitive CRP - which is a measure of inflammation in blood vessels. This is the test needed to help establish heart disease risk.

I´d say it´s as good a reason as any for starting to take Bowel Tolerance levels of ascorbic acid...
Last edited by studentroland on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by exitium » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 am

I would seriously look into intestinal pathogens. I hadnt felt "right" for nearly a decade and every time I brought it up to the doc I was blown off. I finally started researching the various pathigens and found one that seemed to fit my symptoms. Got an antibody test for it which came back positive. Went back to doc, he ordered stool test which he said was negative and sent me on my way. Ive heard conflicting reports from various docs on how long antibodies stick around after pathogen has been removed but got anywhere from a year to forever.

I talked to another doc who said if I had never been treated and antibodies existed he would run me through the proper therapy to be safe. I then decided to get another genova diagnostics GI test and it also showed positive for what I suspected as well as another bug. I started self treatment and immediately got a herx reaction from die off. I spent 60 days using 2 different homeopathic treatments and feel so much better now.

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by tjohnson_nb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:57 am

studentroland wrote:If it is 65 mg/L, then this site says that:
People who have arthritic conditions tend to have high CRP levels because inflammation underlies these disorders.---- When inflammation levels are being assessed in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease or other autoimmune conditions, the hs-CRP test is not used. Instead, inflammation is evaluated with a test that measures levels in excess of 10 mg/L. With most active infections and inflammatory processes, CRP levels are above 100 mg/L.

and there appear to be two different tests for it...
There are two tests for CRP. One can show a non-specific elevation of CRP that occurs with general inflammatory changes in the body; the other test is hs-CRP - highly sensitive CRP - which is a measure of inflammation in blood vessels. This is the test needed to help establish heart disease risk.

I´d say it´s as good a reason as any for starting to take Bowel Tolerance levels of ascorbic acid...

Yes, take ascorbate while waiting for the diagnosis :)
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:01 am

leshoward wrote:A buddy of mine(60ys old) just got a CRP of 65....Any comments/suggestions?

Any time I here of a lab test that indicates generalized inflammation, I immediately think of the Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory that a) doctors ignore and are grossly ignorant about, and b) the only essential hormone. (If your adrenals are not making it - you die in about 24 hours from generalized inflammation.)

Cortisol (aka hydrocortisone or its concentrated cousins, prednisone and what I take (methyl prednisolone - my own dosage is now down to 1 mg daily.))

Since the medical profession seems to have lost the knowledge about the safe uses of cortisol - it is almost impossible to get proper hormone replacement, but I have found a lab that accurately tests for cortisol in saliva. This West Coast labt found my cortisol to be about "2 mg" low - all day - exactly what I had to take at the time.

The only chance of getting replacement cortisol is finding an open minded doc with time to read SAFE USES OF CORTISOL, 3rd Edition, by William Mck Jefferies.

According to the cases in this book, most people start to have "adrenal fatigue" (low output) starting around age 50 or so.

In my case, all the vitamin C in the world did not overcome the malfunction in my adrenals, but yes, I agree, bowel tolerance vitamin C can help reduce symptoms
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

leshoward
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by leshoward » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:42 am

case solved!!!! after 6 days in Columbia Univ Hosp, docs thought it was an abdominal aortic aneurism...Turned out to be an "Inflamed" aorta....Treating with steroids....Thanks for all input..

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by exitium » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:22 am

leshoward wrote:case solved!!!! after 6 days in Columbia Univ Hosp, docs thought it was an abdominal aortic aneurism...Turned out to be an "Inflamed" aorta....Treating with steroids....Thanks for all input..

Sounds like they are treating the symptoms and not the underlying problem.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”