New to forum, questions on Pauling Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

jofuk

New to forum, questions on Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by jofuk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi all I am new to the forum.

I think this a great forum.

I am currently following the PT on 6-7 gm V-C, 3 gm Lysine, 1 gm Proline, V- B's and V- E's.
I have be told I have a mild blockage of my left Carotid artery, right normal. I am 64.
I started my research and the PT since being diagnosed around Feb 13. ( Lifescan did first doppler scan then confirmed by NHS).

May I ask the forum some questions.

1) What is mild blockage 20% 30% ???
2) How long should I wait until a retest ?
3) When hopefully the treatment clears the arteries, are the arteries healed, as I read in the forum that troubles can reappear if ceasing treatment.
I understand that one must continue PT for protection but can one drop to a maintenance dose?

Thanks in advance for your response.
jofuk
Last edited by jofuk on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: New to forum, questions on Pauling Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:28 pm

studentrland wrote:
Hi, Jofuk...
Quote:

Well...it´s a mild blockage of 20 - 30 %.!!! If an analogy to an artery is described as a water-hose, and something sticky attaches to the inside-walls of the waterhose thereby blocking the waterflow in the hose with 20 - 30 %, this means that if two waterhoses, one clear and unobstructed and the other blocked to 20-30% simultaneously fills up two 10-literbuckets with water, by the time that the clear hose has filled a 10-literbucket, the obstructed hose has only managed to fill its bucket with 7 - 8 liter...the same logic applies to arteries...the more obstructed an artery becomes by "sticky material" attaching to its inner walls, the less blood per time-unit flows through it, thus minimizing the nutrient- and oxygen-supply to the specific tissues that the artery in question delivers its blood to.....this way of reasoning is visualized here:
Quote:

I guess this is up to you?
Quote:
3) When hopefully the treatment clears the arteries, are the arteries healed, as I read in the forum that troubles can reappear if ceasing treatment. I understand that one must continue PT for protection but can one drop to a maintenance dose?

I don´t know the answer to this one... try reading this thread
or perhaps this one:
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Welcome jofuk. This post was buried in another topic and I decided to separate here.

May I ask the forum some questions.

3) When hopefully the treatment clears the arteries, are the arteries healed, as I read in the forum that troubles can reappear if ceasing treatment.
I understand that one must continue PT for protection but can one drop to a maintenance dose?

My uncles carotid blockages were 70% and 90% as reported in my book.
Half your dosage resolved the 70% block in one month as verified by surgery.
I'd be surprised if you have any blockage left if you started in Feb. let us know.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jofuk

Post Number:#4  Post by jofuk » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Thanks Owen for your reply.
I shall have a scan next year and let you all know the results.
Regards
jofuk

jofuk

Post Number:#5  Post by jofuk » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:32 am

Hi Back with update.

Had re scan of Carotid artery Nov 2014 my left artery is still classified as Mild ( green to amber on "Life scan chart", was mild amber previously although their chart design slightly different now). Right artery normal. All velocities normal.
Saw picture on scan and could see a blob there.

Could one interpret this as a good indication that PT therapy is working, re no further build up of plaque, maybe a slight decrease ( difficult to judge as chart design change)

I will now up my Vit C intake to 10 gms. ( 6 previously ) plus now 6 gms Lysine.

Also would taking Vit K - mk7 , help as plaque could be calcified ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:56 am

Thank you for this report.
Taking vitamin K is always a great idea, and can usually rectify things (e.g. calcifications) that vitamin C and lysine alone cannot.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

purposefirst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by purposefirst » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Also would taking Vit K - mk7 , help as plaque could be calcified ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm dealing with coronary atherosclerosis -- calcified plaque. For about 3 months I used MK7 (moderate dose) with not much improvement of angina pain. Then I added high doses of MK4 to the regimen, which seemed to make a big difference, definite improvement.

I'm using Thorne liquid "Vitamin K2" (MK4) -- about 30 mgs/day. Also using Life Extension "Super K" -- two pills/day.

Dr. Tom Levy, in his book Death by Calcium, recommends as high as 45 mgs/day of MK4 in divided doses. (p. 125)

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Johnwen » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:05 am

Your saying the Left coronary artery is were the blockage is forming?

The marginal portion of the LCA has a very low rate of stenosis about 10% chance. This is the area between the sinus of valsalva and the junction of the left arterial descending (LAD) and the left circumflex artery (LCA). Where the LAD has about a 90% Chance and the LCA about a 40% chance.
Could you please clarify where this blockage is located because they each have their own problems related to them. Most are seen in the LAD better known as the widow maker because they can turn on a dime from what looks mild to severe in a very short period of time.

Your on the right track with Pauling therapy! However the amounts and percentages of the products involved need to be within certain perimeters to be effective. If your taking caps or pills your getting a lot of unnecessary fillers which may in fact counter what your trying to accomplish. Another point is that the different isomer’s of Vitamin C don’t even act like V-C yet their still sold as V-C but their a lot cheaper to manufacture. If it’s not L-Ascorbic acid is isn’t doing anything for you. If fact some of the big box vitamin stores use a 50-50 mix of D and L isomer’s to fatten their bottom line. See how hard it is to pry out of them what it is and to see their Certificate of analysis of their product.

I would suggest at this point to talk with Owen and let him recommend what would be best for you and get it directly from him. I know this sounds like a sales pitch but it’s not, it’s fact! Everything they sell is certified to be what you need and will work. If what your using saves you a buck or two your probably just getting what your paying for. You got a lot on line here and the possibilities of this heading south are pretty much stacked against you, so now is not the time to scrimp on a buck or two.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:56 am

If fact some of the big box vitamin stores use a 50-50 mix of D and L isomer’s to fatten their bottom line. See how hard it is to pry out of them what it is and to see their Certificate of analysis of their product.

Thank you johnwen. We hope to be able to afford testing various vitamin C products to determine the amount non -L ascorbate (e.g. D- Ld- and Dl- ascorbate "impurities") - including commercial vitamin C products for injection.

The most recent quote was $2,200+ for the first sample, and $500 per sample for any additional samples we send to the laboratory.

I know there is this testing lab that specializes in nutrients, forget the name, they seem to be like consumer reports.. I may shoot them off an email. Maybe they will do this testing for us.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jofuk

Post Number:#10  Post by jofuk » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks for replies.

It is my left CAROTID artery (not coronary) that has mild atheroma at the carotid bifurcation as stated by the British NHS scan in 2011.
The private Lifesceen company did not mention bifurcation in 2011 or this year 2014.

At present I take Vit C abscobic acid powder 7-8 gms + 4 x 1gm slow release tabs.
6 gms pharma grade L-Lysine, 1 gm L-Proline caps, spread throughout the day.
All increased from my original starting PT.

I live in UK can one obtain Tower products here without the high shipping costs?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”