Quadruple Bypass Survivor - new to forum

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Dan106

Quadruple Bypass Survivor - new to forum

Post Number:#1  Post by Dan106 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:12 pm

I am new to the forum and a July 24th, 2013 quadruple bypass survivor. I just turned 66 in October of this year. I have always been active and did a lot of walking in addition to push ups, pull ups etc. I had ZERO symptoms of any blocked arteries, no chest pain, no tiredness and no real symptoms.

A little blurp was found on a 15 second resting EKG, which resulted in a nuclear EKG treadmill test and then a heart cath. The Nuclear EKG showed some shadows which led to the heart cath and then to the bypass surgery. I am 13 weeks out now and feeling great. I am back to walking 3 miles a day, however not doing any push ups or pull up etc. yet. I do work out every other day with 15 lb dumb bells so I do not lose all the upper body strength I gained prior to the operation. I too take a multitude of supplements, however I started on the Linus Pauling Vitamin C, Lysine, Proline regimen after my surgery. I KNEW about the Vitamin C and the common cold information, however was totally ignorant on the vast multitude of health benefits from vitamin C, especially the possibility of cleaning out presently clogged arteries. I am now taking 8000 mg to 9000 mg of vitamin C daily along with 4000 mg of Lysine and about 1500 mg of Proline, in addition to Vitamin E, etc.

I am interested in future testing to determine the condition of my arteries, especially "ultrasound". I recently received a brochure from "Life Screenings" which apparently use this method which is less invasive than the heart cath or the nuclear EKG. How reliable are the ultrasound readings and does insurance normally cover those tests.

I am also interested in hearing about what form of vitamin C most of you take? There seems to be controversy concerning ascorbic acid, (vs.) C-salts (vs.) Liposomal Vitamin C etc. each one claiming to be the best. Most of the controversy concerns itself with how well the vitamin C is absorbed. Would like to find out more from personal experience.

Thus far, my eyesight seems to be clearer, the rough skin on my elbows and knees is now smooth, and my energy has increased and I feel GREAT. I wish I had known about the heart connection with Vitamin C 20 years ago and I probably would NOT have needed surgery. Who would have thought that heart disease could be a vitamin C deficiency?

Danny

http://diabetescureorcontrol.blogspot.com/

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Carotid arteries now completely clear

Post Number:#2  Post by tjohnson_nb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:27 am

Welcome Dan! Sorry to hear about your bypass surgery but good that you now onboard with Vit C :) I don't think there is any "best" way to take it - there are pros and cons about each method. The goal is to get as much as you need at any given time. I suggest trying many different ways to see what you like best - I take C-Salts, AA powder, baking soda, PT mixture daily. I'm going to get some liposomal too for emergencies (cause it is a bit expensive) but it seems as one of the best ways to get into the cells.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

Dan106

Re: Carotid arteries now completely clear

Post Number:#3  Post by Dan106 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 pm

I feel the same way that the most important thing is to take vitamin C and sort out the best source for that along the way. I am also curious if anyone else has had the ultra sound type photos taken. I have had a before and after Nuclear EKG, however would like to try the ultrasound photos in a year or so to check my arteries after the Vitamin C therapy. Does any hospital do those or do you need to pay for that procedure out of pocket (vs.) insurance paying for it? Dan

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Quadruple Bypass Survivor - new to forum

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Hello Dan and welcome. I thought your topic was buried so I separated it into its own to help answer some of your questions.

While our experience over the years has been with ascorbic acid in so-called Pauling Therapy products, there have been several recent "miracle" reports recently in people with end-game heart disease who used Lypo-C. Lypo-C can be much easier to take, and if this is really true, a lot more people will benefit.

Now, since we are flying blind (thank you medical science) it makes sense to use both if you can. Take as much ordinary ascorbic acid as you can (bowel tolerance) and then add sodium ascorbate - to lessen the acidity (or baking soda) and also add some liposomal.

You mentioned a quad bypass - and for you, we would still recommend lysine, but we are a little wary of proline, at least right after the bypass. Dr. Levy's book STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER puts a bypass into perspective (until recently 1-ply veins were used to make the bypass for 3-ply arteries. (Today they are using chest arteries.. sigh) Anyway, because veins are not as strong, we feel it is likely that the Lp(a) arterial hardening effect may be important in these operations which are usually successful. The Lp(a) plaques according to Pauling are part of a natural healing process (substituting for low vitamin C - Lp(a) is a surrogate for vitamin C according to Linus Pauling. It keeps the bypass veins strong.

So what if proline not only stops the formation of Lp(a) and also strongly dissolves the plaques that may be supporting these bypass veins? This is only a conjecture on my part, but for utmost safety, after a bypass op, we recommend lots of vitamin C (you seem to be doing a good dose) and Pauling's recommendation of 3 to 6 grams lysine.

have to go back and read if you have any other questions..

Rereading - your operation was very recent (July of this year) , and you are taking a large dose of proline.. and you seem to be doing well! This is good news... Maybe my advise in this regard is too conservative. (I do know we have had excellent results with a Tower product containing 400 mg, and usually people take 2 servings daily - or 800 mg of proline. You might consider cutting back by 1/3 for utter safety.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Quadruple Bypass Survivor - new to forum

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:36 pm

In answer to your question on the ECHO’s the newer ones 2012 and later are outstanding in the hands of an experienced operator. They leave little doubt if any problem exists.

Another couple of supp.s that would be good for what you had is L-arginine 500mg. 2X a day and policosanol 10mg. 1X a day.

Bypass junctions tend to grow over in what is named hyperplasia this is the body trying to produce more nitric oxide for the new additions to the heart. It does so by growing more tissue.
Arginine and poli helps in the production of nitric and less tissue growth is the result.
You can read more about it if you search this term “ Neo Intimal Hyperplasia !” You’ll also see the odds at developing it! Ugh!
So welcome aboard!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”