Growing new arteries to bypass blockages

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Growing new arteries to bypass blockages

Post Number:#16  Post by studentroland » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:44 am

I don't know which doctor to listen to. Very frustrating.

and which doctor does your husband listen to?

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#17  Post by jpoww » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:37 pm

they one that allows him to lower his medicine. My husband is a beliver of natural medicine.

angiew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by angiew » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Nutrabio is good for lysine and proline powders. However, their chondroitin powder isn't purified.

I would consider purified for at least 8-12 months and monitor results.

Simply break the capsules open and combine with other powders if he doesn't like pills..

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by jpoww » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:41 pm

I emailed Nutrabio and they claim it is pure. no fillers or additives.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#20  Post by jpoww » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:44 pm

I also read Condroitin Sulfates have the following side effects and interactions:
Does it really interact with Plavix or Effient? my husband is on 10mg of Effient a day.

• Chondroitin sulfate appears to be well tolerated for up to three years.
• Adverse effects that have been rarely reported or are theoretical include: headache, motor uneasiness, euphoria, hives, rash, photosensitivity, hair loss, breathing difficulties, subjective tightness in the throat or chest, exacerbation of previously well-controlled asthma, chest pain, elevated blood pressure, lower extremity edema, gastrointestinal pain/dyspepsia, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, transaminitis, increased risk of bleeding (theoretical), bone marrow suppression (animal research), and eyelid edema.
• Avoid in individuals with prostate cancer, or at increased risk for prostate cancer, due to a risk of increased spread or recurrence of prostate cancer.

Interactions
Interactions with Drugs
• In theory, chondroitin may increase the risk of bleeding when taken with drugs that increase the risk of bleeding. Some examples include aspirin, anticoagulants ("blood thinners") such as warfarin (Coumadin®) or heparin, anti-platelet drugs such as clopidogrel (Plavix®), and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen (Motrin®, Advil®) or naproxen (Naprosyn®, Aleve®).
• Use cautiously with hyaluronidase or agents with hydrophilic (attraction to water) properties. Consult with a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist, to check for interactions.
• Also use cautiously when combining chondroitin with other agents that may cause sun sensitivity, as chondroitin may increase sun sensitivity.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#21  Post by Johnwen » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:06 pm

So running on the treadmill and lift weighs is not something he should be doing?

That's not what I said!! I said excercise cannot give the same results as the machine used for EECP in the development of colaterals. He needs to be on a good rehab program designed for his condition and should be doing it a min. of 3 times a week.
Or working out under the direction of a professional with knowledge of his condition.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#22  Post by jpoww » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:22 am

Oh Ok, I misunderstood. I called one of his cardiologist yesterday to see if he would approve of getting him to go to a EECP Therapy place and I'm waiting on the doc to call me back today. Thank you for your advice, I would have never know about this EECP Therapy no doctor ever told me about that.

angiew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#23  Post by angiew » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:35 am

Nutrabio has good products and their chondroitin is pure but not purified--there is a difference.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by jpoww » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 am

ok I will order one of the ones you mentioned then. What do you think about the side effects and being on blood thinners?

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#25  Post by davids1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:31 pm

jpoww wrote:My husband has been on Linus Pauling for about a year now. 26 grams of vitamin C, 6grams of lysine, 2 grams of proline.
He also is on 10mg of Effient, 12 mg of metoprol, 5 mg of Ramrpril and 40mg of Lipator. He managed to lower his metoprol some and he now wants to lower his ramripril from 5mg to 2.5mg but when he did so last week, he got a day or two of feeling very very tired and said his heart felt tired so we increase the ramripril back up to 5mg. I also wonder with his heart muscle damage now, will he ever be able to get off of metoprol and ramripril? he cant stand being on pharamcutial drugs
Hi JPO,

Just a point for your [and your husband's] consideration: Why isn't he taking a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [daily]? "26 grams" may be well below the amount his body optimally "wants"/needs/can use.

Just trying to help with my viewpoint and "two cents worth,"

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

angiew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#26  Post by angiew » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:36 am

jpoww,

Can't answer about side effects, meds, blood thinners. With everything monitor.

Perhaps you could consult with Dr. N. Rowan Richards who put her patients on the purified chondroitin and achieved some great results.

http://www.richardsfamilyhealth.com/

http://drrichardstalksback.wordpress.co ... n-sulfate/

Best to you all.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#27  Post by jpoww » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Davids my husband takes 26grams of vitamin c and 3 packets of liposomal c ...he takes some type of vitamin c every twohours. He says no soon he gets ddiarrhea when he increases the vit. C after a couple of days he stop getting diarrhea. He would be increasing the vit. C constantly right? I really dont understand bowel tolerance

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#28  Post by davids1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:42 pm

jpoww wrote:Davids my husband takes 26grams of vitamin c and 3 packets of liposomal c ...he takes some type of vitamin c every twohours. He says no soon he gets ddiarrhea when he increases the vit. C after a couple of days he stop getting diarrhea. He would be increasing the vit. C constantly right? I really dont understand bowel tolerance
Hi JPO,

I may not have completely understood your above quoted post.

Is the "vitamin C" he is ingesting ascorbic acid [vs. a mineral ascorbate]? The acid, i.e. hydrogen, form of ascorbate has twice the antioxidant potency [gram-for-gram] as any of the mineral ascorbates.

If he is getting a C-flush reaction, e.g. [benign] diarrhea, with the 26 grams, then he is ingesting all he is able to, i.e. that amount is his Bowel Tolerance dose currently.

He should at all times be approaching his [oral] Bowel Tolerance dose for maximum effectiveness. Bowel Tolerance is simply the amount of oral ascorbate necessary to [almost but not quite] produce a benign diarrhea, i.e. the amount the body is indicating it can ingest [orally]. If you are interested, you can search this forum for many posts explaining what Bowel Tolerance is, and/or go here for more information http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.ortho ... itrate.htm.

Best of success to you and your husband, JPO!

Sincerely,

David

P.S. If you have any other questions, comments, and/or concerns, by all means post them.
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#29  Post by jpoww » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Davids1, he is taking ascorbic acid. what is benign diarrhea? what is a C-flush reaction? For example when he first started taking vitamin c he started out at 1,000mg a day and he would get diarrhea for a day or two then on the third day he would not have it anymore. He would then up it then following day to 2,000mg then he would get diarrhea for another two days and then it would go away and then he would increase the vitamin c and he would continue that same pattern of diarrhea on and off until he got all the way up until 26grams.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#30  Post by jpoww » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Angiew, thank you for the links. I will check them out!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”