Growing new arteries to bypass blockages

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Growing new arteries to bypass blockages

Post Number:#31  Post by davids1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:28 pm

jpoww wrote:Davids1, he is taking ascorbic acid. what is benign diarrhea? what is a C-flush reaction? For example when he first started taking vitamin c he started out at 1,000mg a day and he would get diarrhea for a day or two then on the third day he would not have it anymore. He would then up it then following day to 2,000mg then he would get diarrhea for another two days and then it would go away and then he would increase the vitamin c and he would continue that same pattern of diarrhea on and off until he got all the way up until 26grams.
Hi JPO,

"Benign" diarrhea is a quick episode of a "loose stool," i.e. diarrhea, vs. a "medically" caused diarrhea, that can potentially be fatal from loss of fluids, and ultimately nutrients. "C-flush" is another term to describe this benign diarrhea [caused by oral ingestion of ascorbate].

JPO: Are you saying he would reach Bowel Tolerance [one day] and then have diarrhea for two days after that? I have never heard of it lasting that long! My view would be, if that is how the body is reacting to the ingestion of ascorbic acid, as long as there were no other negative symptoms, then it is a beneficial reaction and should be persevered in. Question: What made him stop at 26 grams? Or is he still increasing it, i.e. his Bowel Tolerance limit, and this is just how far/high he has gotten?

My experience is that I started out with a Bowel Tolerance of around 10 to 15 grams per day [in 5 to 10 divided doses], and over time my Bowel Tolerance has very gradually increased [I believe because my GI tract has become more and more cleansed] to its current 75 to 100 grams daily [in 10 to 15 divided doses].

Best of success and health to you both!

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#32  Post by jpoww » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:22 pm

He stopped at 26grams because it was getting expensive going thru so much vitamin c . So when is bowel tolerance reached if your body is continually adapting to the increased levels you give it? Is bowel tolerance reached when your bodies diarreha doesn't stop?

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#33  Post by davids1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi JPO,

I always pay less than 3 cents a gram for my ascorbic acid [tablets], and the powder/crystals can be purchased for even less. That would be under a dollar a day at his intake rate. In this day and age, that seems like a fairly inexpensive health modality.

I try and approach Bowel Tolerance [at least] several times every day. It has often become more of a stomach thing than a "bowel" thing in recent years. That "continual adaptation" is very gradual, and takes place over many months [and years]. True health is not so quickly or easily attained [unfortunately].

Actually, when you get "diarrhea" you have gone past your body's Bowel Tolerance [for the moment], but obviously it is difficult to know in advance. It is subtle, but with experience, one gets better at recognizing the signs.

If he gets diarrhea [from ascorbate ingestion], just stop ingesting until it quits, and then start in cautiously again. As his GI tract health/condition improves, so will his "bowel" challenges [in my experience]. Each of us must decide for ourself what level of health we are willing to "pay" for.

From my view, for optimal health, one should ingest all of the antioxidant one is able to. And I do not know of another one that a person can ingest, in significant enough quantities, over a significant enough period of time, than ascorbic acid.

I hope this helps as "grist for your mill," JPO,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”