Growing new arteries to bypass blockages

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Growing new arteries to bypass blockages

Post Number:#1  Post by jpoww » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:41 pm

I have heard from several peopel that have had blockages but never needing stents because there body grew new arteries to make up for the blocked ones. Is this possible?
My husband has had 3 heart attacks, two of them were because of reclotting of an existing stent. In the last reclotting of two of his stents resulted in heart muscle damage. What can my husband do, to get more arteries to grow in the area of the damage musle? is it possible for the artery that has two stents in it (LAD)to grow enough arteries around it to bypass the problem area of stents?

Thank You

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Growing new arteries to bypass blockages

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Im just speculating here but I would start with the same protocol thats used to repair and reverse CVD. The very elements used to repair arteries and reverse blockages (ie vit C, proline, lysine, chrondroitin) are the same materials that would be needed to facilitate the creation of new arteries. If the body is lacking materials to repair what it already has I would wager it likely doesnt have what it needs to create new.

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by jpoww » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Yes I agree. My husband has been on Linus Pauling for about a year now. 26 grams of vitamin C, 6grams of lysine, 2 grams of proline.
He also is on 10mg of Effient, 12 mg of metoprol, 5 mg of Ramrpril and 40mg of Lipator. He managed to lower his metoprol some and he now wants to lower his ramripril from 5mg to 2.5mg but when he did so last week, he got a day or two of feeling very very tired and said his heart felt tired so we increase the ramripril back up to 5mg. I also wonder with his heart muscle damage now, will he ever be able to get off of metoprol and ramripril? he cant stand being on pharamcutial drugs

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by exitium » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:56 pm

You may want to consider adding in chrondriotin also, there is some literature showing it heals heart damage over time.

Does he have any amalgam fillings or root canals? They are large sources of toxins that rob the body of vit C and some Folks (like Dr Levy) claim that in order to get the best results from nutrients one has to lower toxin exposure or they simply cant get enough vit C to combat that and reverse CVD.

Any idea who much if any blockage exists or if any of the damage heart has repaired itself? Im just guessing but metoprol and ramripril both relax the artieries etc and calm the heart so its easier for it to pump blood. If the heart is weakened or there is still blockage that may need to be further healed before he can reduce their dosages or get off them.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:58 pm

The new arteries a called Colaterals the therapy is called, " Enhanced External Counterpulsation "
or EECP.
Do a search on EECP there is quite a few therapy centers around I'm sure you'll get the info you are looking for.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by jpoww » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:07 am

How much chrondriotin should one take? any specific brand?
His last angiogram in april of 2013 showed all clear. He removed all his dental fillings last year.
Johnwen, thank you I will certainly look into that!

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by jpoww » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:09 am

Whats the best test for him to do to see if his heart is still weakend or in need of more repair to the damaged muscle?

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by exitium » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:27 am

jpoww wrote:How much chrondriotin should one take? any specific brand?
His last angiogram in april of 2013 showed all clear. He removed all his dental fillings last year.
Johnwen, thank you I will certainly look into that!

Some of the studies I have seen they started with 5-6g per day for 3-6 months then cut back to 1500mg a day or so. As long as its a quality brand you should be OK. I use Now brand myself.

The hearts a scary thing to play around with and it could be his heart is healed or largely healed but its still a muscle. Maybe he needs to build up some heart strength before he will be able to drop anymore meds, does he currently exercise at all?

Once again, more speculation on my part but If metoprol and ramripril are used to to slow heart rate and dilate vessels to ease the load on the heart and the angiogram came back as clear I would say all thats left is to determine if the heart has healed from the damage caused by the heart attacks (echo maybe) and if so then its a matter of rebuilding strength in the heart through exercise. If the hearts strength can be restored and the arteries are clear then there would be no need for meds.

angiew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by angiew » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:10 am

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#10  Post by studentroland » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:03 am

I also wonder with his heart muscle damage now, will he ever be able to get off of metoprol and ramripril? he cant stand being on pharamcutial drugs

Perhaps lowering the Lipator would increase endogenous CoQ10-levels, thereby offering more ATP-generation in the heart-musclecells?

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by jpoww » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:19 am

Yes he excerise's. Treadmill an hour 3 times a week. He alternates running for 8mins and then walking some, then running again. He also lifts weights 3 days a week.
He takes 40mg of lipator 3 days a week and the other days he takes 20mg of lipator. He also takes 300mg of COQ10 a day.
He takes a broad spectrum L-carnitine, He also takes D-Ribose and Taurine.
Last doctors visit they did an ECO on him and they say it looks good. I aways ask is the damage muscle improving any and he says its pretty much the same. He had an EFR of 35-40. I think he said more like 35 then 40. How long does it take to see improvements in the ECO? and Johnwen mentioned the EECP Therapy and I was looking into that right now but whats the difference between that and just excerising?

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by jpoww » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:35 am

I checked out the two brands of Chondroitin you listed:
American Biologics and the Karuna and notice these are both capsules. To take 6grams of either of these would mean I would need lots of bottles. Is there a powder form that is good?
I get my husbands Lysine and Proline from this site and noticed they had Chondroitin also, do you think this is good?

http://www.nutrabio.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... Code=23430

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by Johnwen » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:23 am

How long does it take to see improvements in the ECO?

2 to 3 years is not uncommon, if ever?

whats the difference between that and just excerising?

Timing! The EECP triggers with the heart beat, excercise maybe 30% of the time your movements will be at the time it's needed to stimulate colateral growth.

It sounds like what he has is what is known as Cardiac Remodeling. Here's a wiki on ventricular remodeling which is the common area of the heart that is damaged. So Search " Cardiac Remodeling " and once you have a clear understanding of what he's up against do a search on " cardiac reverse remodeling " which will give you an idea of what to expect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventricular_remodeling
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#14  Post by jpoww » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:46 am

So running on the treadmill and lift weighs is not something he should be doing?

jpoww
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#15  Post by jpoww » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:50 am

One of my husbands cardiologist lowered his metoprolol because his blood pressure was to low and the other cardiologist tells him he needs it to be low to repair the heart. His blood pressure would run anywhere from 80/54 to 95/65.. I don't know which doctor to listen to. Very frustrating.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”