Over a year now.

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Over a year now.

Post Number:#16  Post by nineboy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi Owen, Well I got back to 24 grams of Vit. C and this time I had the diarrhea for sure. So now I know that my body has been calling for more Vit.C. Kinda glad I stayed nearer home today. Wow quite a cleanse.
I have been feeling a bit better these last few days and of course did raise my intake to 12 grams. Not sure what has been happening since New Year and hope I can get back to being more normal. Last couple of nights sleeping right thru and no chest pains.
Guess I was hoping to do better on stress test part of MIBI scan but seemingly things on the whole looked good. Still to see my cardiologist but I feel better. Thanks for your info as usual. :wink:

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#17  Post by jimmylesante » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:38 am

Hi Nineboy
Out of interest, did you get a headache after the "waterworks" ?
jimmy

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by nineboy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:50 am

No Jimmy not that I remember. Just relief and I was glad to have found my bowel tolerance and felt my need for vit.c had leveled out some since last try. I had upped from 9 grams to 12 grams and feel this was helping. I know I probably will need to go to 18 grams but depends on my activities during the day. Thanks for being in touch.

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by nineboy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:36 am

Hi There, I have been having angina pain again and am getting an angiogram soon to see what is going on. Just wanted to keep in touch and will let you know results when I can. Might end up in surgery, but time will tell. Regards as always.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#20  Post by ofonorow » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:31 am

Follow Linus Pauling's advice, and don't make the mistake of stopping vitamin C.

How much are you taking, and are your drugs the same?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#21  Post by nineboy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:17 pm

No I am continuing Vitamin C and am taking 12 grams at the moment. Lysine 6 grams and proline 2 grams.
Still take my prescriptions as well. Pravastatin 40 mg. Irbsartan 150mg, Propranolol 80 er mg and Aspirin 81mg.
Not sure if I can continue Vit. C if I end up in hospital. So far it might just be for the day depending on Angiogram results.
My drugs are the same except for 2.5 mg Amlodpine.
I've had some miserable pain and during my morning walk which I don't go quite so far. I checked my heart rate today at 189! never saw it so high, so slowly headed for home and it did go back to normal fairly quick. Funny thing was I didn't feel any angina pain.
At the moment I feel pretty good but don't know when it is going to happen again.
Last night I did not take my pravastatin and will leave it off for now.Thanks for any info and I appreciate your concern.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#22  Post by davids1 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:40 am

Hi Nineboy,
Nineboy wrote:I am continuing Vitamin C and am taking 12 grams at the moment. Lysine 6 grams and proline 2 grams....Thanks for any info...
For what it may be worth to you, my opinion is that you should not make an "arbitrary" decision as to how much ascorbate to ingest, i.e. that your body needs, i.e. I would let your body decide that via its Bowel Tolerance reaction.

Just my viewpoint and "two cents worth,"

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#23  Post by ofonorow » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 am

I hope johnwen finds time to chime in - again - about your new medications. The rapid heart rate, as I have learned from Johnwen, may be due to many things, but often to the heart itself feeling starved of nutrients and oxygen. (in the hospital, see if your spouse can sneak in your vitamin C, as pills or better as Lypo-C packets.)

And your reported vitamin C now is about half the 24 grams you reported being able to take previously.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#24  Post by nineboy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:07 pm

I do appreciate your comments and all the info I am getting. However at this stage I'm torn on what to do. Seems like unstable angina has returned. I did enjoy the year or more remission, I would think, that Vitamin C gave me.
I have never went without my daily dose of C and lysine and proline. Was it enough seemed to be okay for a good bit of the time.Yes I found my bowel tolerance at 24 grams and also have waited to see my cardiologist for a few weeks. He wants an angiogram to see what is happening and it might be a by- pass.
I am not sure about taking more Vit.C as I suspect it will not be available to me in hospital. Sneaking it in will not be an option I'm sure. So is tapering it down something I should consider or take it right up until I go in. I thought my body might respond badly to not having it's daily requirement. If its anything like Beta Blockers which has happen to me and boy it was no fun.
So that's some of my comments and I'm sure johnwen maybe understands how I am feeling at this time. Scary moments in the middle of the night but so far nitro seems to help. Who knows maybe they will find all of my stents are now clear, however something is troubling me. Time to find out what it is. No definite date yet but will keep you posted. Regards.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#25  Post by davids1 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi Nineboy,
Nineboy wrote:I am not sure about taking more Vit.C as I suspect it will not be available to me in hospital. Sneaking it in will not be an option I'm sure. So is tapering it down something I should consider or take it right up until I go in. I thought my body might respond badly to not having it's daily requirement.
As "grist for your mill," although Pauling [and Cathcart] talked about a possible "rebound" effect [of suddenly stopping one's ascorbate intake], for two reasons this is something I would not [personally] fear: 1) It is my belief that the tissues of the body gradually become saturated with ascorbate [over time], and therefore, the more ascorbate you can ingest, before having it "cut off," the better off you will be, and 2) I have on a few occasions [over the past 20 years] missed a day [and in one case, 2 or 3 days] of ascorbic acid ingestion, and never noticed any effect whatsoever.

I know this does not categorically relieve your conundrum, Nineboy, but I decided I would offer it anyway as further information that might be of use to you [in your decision making process, under your difficult circumstances].

Best wishes,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#26  Post by nineboy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:59 pm

David, Thank you for your quick reply. It does help in that I wasn't sure which direction to take. I have started taking more C and hope to manage 18 grams today. I still don't have a precise date for the hospital and in the past sometimes have had a call to come in. I have had quite a few procedures through the years and thought enough is enough. Then I found and hoped that Pauling Therapy would help. Which I believe it does and all of the last 18 months helped me live fairly normal. I am very active and don't like sitting around. However at the start of this year I felt sluggish and seem to be getting worse. I do feel this site helps me understand things better and it is nice to be able to talk it out. Regards nineboy.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#27  Post by ofonorow » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:07 am

How much vitamin E do you take daily?

What is your CoQ10 intake?

And without revisiting the first post, are you still taking good Omega/3 fatty acids?

The other issues are related to the medications you are taking and I leave comments on them to johnwen or others.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

nineboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#28  Post by nineboy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi Owen, I take one 400ui of Vitamin E. that's as much as I've always taken. 200mg of Coenzyme Q10 one in morning and one later. 2 Wild Salmon and Omega3 Softgels 1000 mg 300 mg. Probably not huge amounts but seemed to suit my needs up to now. I have brought my Vitamin C up to 18 grams and will also again check my Bowel Tolerence over the weekend.
I again walked the Park this morning all the way no problems and am now wondering if the high heart rate was a blip on my monitor. No waking up during the early morning and right now feel fairly normal.
Where does the pain come from I wish I knew. I was going to say maybe it's in my head, there I did say it.
However it is a miserable chest pain also going down my back and is relieved by nitro. Is it the stents my body doesn't like, yes maybe that is it. I believe Paulings Therapy is the answer and maybe I was wrong to drop down to 12 grams. but I wll stay with Paulings 18 grams for now. Worked for him so maybe good for me too. I guess the answer will be shown on the Angiogram. Regards as always.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#29  Post by ofonorow » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:02 am

Good - just wanted to make sure you weren't leaving out key elements (and vitamin E, coq10 and omega/3s are key!)

We posted a story about Carol Smith (scroll down on PaulingTherapy.com) who was the "star" of our book http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/ (and she is still alive and kicking). She would cure her self of debilitating heart disease, stop taking vitamin C and lysine, and six months after that relapse with another heart attack. This happened at least 3 times over the years as we relate.

The last time she wound up with stents - and she was in GREAT pain (inflammation) from these stents which were the wrong size, if memory serves. She was able to overcome all her pain by increasing the dosage of vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#30  Post by Saw » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:58 pm

nineboy wrote:I take one 400ui of Vitamin E

I hope this isn't dl-tocopherol. Also quality of fish oil is important.
Devil's in the details, after all.
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”