Statins and stroke

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

jofuk

Statins and stroke

Post Number:#1  Post by jofuk » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:09 am

Hi all,
Happy new year.

I have been reading a website "cholesterol-and-health.com" and would like to ask the forum for comments.
It states that by lowering LDL by statins one increases the risk of hemorrhagic stroke but then decreases ischemic stroke risk ( a no win situation)

Also Statins, through the same pathway decrease the activation of RHO and thus improve N.O. function on the artery.
Also a 2004 study said that statins reduce plaque buildup and ischemic stroke in the carotid artery by 17%.

I found the articles a bit difficult to read and may have misunderstood some of the text.

Do any forum members have an opinion on the author "Chris Masterjohn" and what is RHO ( did forum search but found nil)

Regards
jofuk

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Statins and stroke

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 am

Do you have a link to Chris's article? I'd like to see what he said about them.

RHO 1,3 are Prenylated Proteins there responsible for muscle nurishment, repair and wound healing but the statinators claim by blocking their production it some how reduces whatever the level of the risk of cancer but they don't mention eye problems or anal leakage that cutting back on them causes! Nor do they talk about slow or misguided wound healing either!!!
It's a complex system and it's being compounded by misinformation by Big Pharma.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by tjohnson_nb » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:44 am

'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by eDOC » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:00 pm

I personally don’t agree at all that lowering LDL increases the risk of a hemorrhagic stroke.
Have treated patients for years who suffer alternate hemorrhagic & thrombotic strokes & not suffering from hyperlipemdia.
All the Lipid subtractions where fine, most had a history of uncontrolled, non compliant long standing hypertension & were not on any statins.
Some had aneurysms of the cerebral vasculature.
Chinese artificial salts served at some restaurants cause a sudden, at time fatal increase in BP to cause a hemorrhagic stroke in a few of these patients.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”