New drug for CVD

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

New drug for CVD

Post Number:#1  Post by tjohnson_nb » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:10 pm

RVX-208 is a first-in-class, small molecule that inhibits BET bromodomains. It is currently in clinical study for the treatment of atherosclerosis. RVX-208 functions by removing atherosclerotic plaque via reverse cholesterol transport (RCT), the natural process through which atherosclerotic plaque is transported out of the arteries and removed from the body by the liver. RVX-208 increases production of ApoA-I, the key building block of functional high-density lipoprotein (HDL) particles and the type required for RCT. Because they are newly produced, these functional HDL particles are flat and empty and can efficiently remove plaque and stabilize or reverse atherosclerotic disease. RVX-208 is currently being evaluated in phase 2b studies for its ability to reverse and/or stabilize atherosclerotic disease. The drug candidate also has the potential to treat other indications, including neurodegenerative disorders.

See http://www.resverlogix.com/media/press-release.html?id=475#.Utgfm6Gm2f0
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: New drug for CVD

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Is anything else, i.e. other than ascorbate [and possibly lysine, and maybe proline], needed to reverse "CVD?" Of course, I understand "big pharma's" [and doctor's] interest!
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Thanks for finding this.

If Linus Pauling and Matthias Rath's Unified Theory is basically correct,http://www.drrathresearch.org/research/publications/leading-publications/97-unified-theory-of-human-cardiovascular-disease-leading-the-way-to-the-abolition-of-this-disease-as-a-cause-for-human-mortality.html then this drug, if it works as advertised, will kill people.

But what else is new. Pharmaceuticals (toximolecular substances) routinely kill and debilitate.

Why you ask?

It would be like using high doses of lysine and proline without taking vitamin C.

You do not want to remove atherosclerotic plaque with the same vitamin C intake that led to its development in the first place.

The Pauling/Rath theory is that Lp(a) acts as a surrogate for collagen (vitamin C) in species that do not make their own vitamin C. Atherosclerosis, in their view, is a healing process (and when it doesn't overshoot - people can do pretty well.) Rath linkens the plaques of atherosclerosis to "plaster casts" strengthening otherwise weak arteries.

That is why it may be time to say again - believe it or not Ripley, the primary root cause of cardiovascular disease is a vitamin C deficiency!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by exitium » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:43 pm

ofonorow wrote:Thanks for finding this.

If Linus Pauling and Matthias Rath's Unified Theory is basically correct,http://www.drrathresearch.org/research/publications/leading-publications/97-unified-theory-of-human-cardiovascular-disease-leading-the-way-to-the-abolition-of-this-disease-as-a-cause-for-human-mortality.html then this drug, if it works as advertised, will kill people.

But what else is new. Pharmaceuticals (toximolecular substances) routinely kill and debilitate.

Why you ask?

It would be like using high doses of lysine and proline without taking vitamin C.

Thats basically what I was thinking as well but then thats how they treat things nowdays, treat the symptom and not the underlying problem.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by jimmylesante » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:57 pm

Is anything else, i.e. other than ascorbate [and possibly lysine, and maybe proline], needed to reverse "CVD?" Of course, I understand "big pharma's" [and doctor's] interest!

I'm guessing chondroitin Sulphate may help too?

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by tjohnson_nb » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:19 pm

ofonorow wrote:Thanks for finding this.

It will be interesting to see what happens as clinical trials continue.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by Johnwen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Let's see now their trying to say Heart disease is a Cancer.
Sounds good to me, after all we know how far they got with a cure for cancer.
Think about it, "How many Doctors and researchers would be out of Work?" If they found a cure for either one!
Protect your Career call it CANCER!!!
Trying watching this video and then compare it to the work their doing on Cancer you'll see the connection.

http://www.resverlogix.com/programs/epi ... video.html

Once you get an understanding of whats going on you'll see all their trying to do is take off the bandage before the wound heals. If anyone has had the experience of doing this you'll know how far this gets you. How about giving the body what it needs to fix the original problem that caused the wound in the first place. Thank you Dr. Pauling!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by tjohnson_nb » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:16 pm

My understanding is this new drug is supposed to increase HDL, which is then supposed to carry cholesterol back to the liver? Isn't that what niacin does?

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”