Having trouble with heart doc over Vitamin C and Lysine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Having trouble with heart doc over Vitamin C and Lysine

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:55 am

D. is he's another who is catching flack from his Doc's for trying the Pauling Therapy.

He has raised liver enzymes and his doc thought the Cardio C might be responsible (he has Hep C, I believe) and he also has plaque and massive blockages, angina, etc., and he needs assurance that he won't die if he keeps refusing statins, etc., and some specific guidance would help. He is also taking 3 to 5 scoops on occasion and hasn't had diarrhea... no titration.

From the report, I understand you are receiving some flak from your heart doctor. You are not alone, and to their credit, doctors generally have your best interest in mind. They are acting on the basis of extensive training and they cannot believe the entire medical profession and/or cardiology can be so wrong. It seems impossible that something so simple as vitamin C could be the answer. I say my thanks for Linus Pauling every day.

The way we normally work this issue - is to take specific questions, post them anonymously at our forum, and you will receive a variety of answers, that if wrong, will be challenged by others. Pay special attention to Johnwen. He is an M.D. who began contributing regularly after his wife was saved from a second heart surgery by the Pauling Therapy. He is an expert on heart medications and laboratory readings, and we all value his input greatly.

It would be good to know your history, current diagnosis, latest lab readings, and the amount and length of time you have been taking vitamin C (Pauling's Therapy).

Addressing what I think I know so far - from the phone report:

My guess (lay opinion) is that levated liver enzymes are probably due to a drug you are taking - not a vitamin or amino acid. When ever I hear about a possible liver problem, I immediately think GLUTATHIONE. How do you increase glutathione in the liver? By taking large amounts of vitamin C. Another new way is livon labs (or empiricals) liposomal glutathione. Lypo-GSH.

As far as the "massive plaques and angina" - if the Pauling therapy hasn't reduced these symptoms, then a) you probably have some underlying toxicity, such as root canals or dental infections, and b) heart surgery may in fact be warranted and beneficial.

Either way, experts would recommend increasing vitamin C.

That gets us to a book by Thomas E Levy, MD, JD Stop America's #1 Killer. This is a book written by a cardiologist for other cardiologists, and while I think it is generally useless to try to convince a doctor against his will, if you wanted to try, this is the probably the best book to start with. Unfortunately, it also explains why heart surgery may be the only good option for long standing, unstable and intractable plaques.

Which reminds me, are you taking a vitamin K supplement? Very important. (What other supplements are you taking?)

So I will post what I have and await more details, esp. how are you taking the vitamin C and have you added liposomal?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”