AIM HIGH STudy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

leshoward
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AIM HIGH STudy

Post Number:#1  Post by leshoward » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Can anybody comment of the recent AIM HIGH Study, adding Niacin to a Statin? What happened, or what went wrong? Anybody? Johnwen please?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: AIM HIGH STudy

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Heres the link to the study overveiw.
My beleif is they found out statins don't do anything and they doing a fancy dance to side step the issue and blame the niacin for the lack of results however they were seeing elevated hdl levels in those who were taking the niacin

http://www.aimhigh-heart.com/overview.aspx
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

leshoward
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by leshoward » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:33 am

So am I correct in assuming you are "Pro" Niacin? If so, what dose do you take? And what type of Niacin? Is it Slo-Niacin? Also..When do you take it? Thanks!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:04 am

Per several references already here at this forum, a GREAT book on Niacin is by Hoffer and Saul (plus another medical writer) entitled
NIACIN: THE REAL STORY. http://www.amazon.com/Niacin-Story-Wonderful-Healing-Properties/dp/1591202752/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391014943&sr=8-1&keywords=hoffer+niacin

It is really one of those "wow" books and it will answer all questions about niacin, the various forms, etc.

Because of this book (highly recommended by a friend of the Foundation) I have personally increased my Niacin over and above the 1 or 2 Super-B Complexes. I was very impressed by several anecdotes, such as the Asst. Prime Minister of a Canadian province who started taking Niacin on Hoffer's advice (seems to be 2 to 3 g daily) and his arthritis was cured in weeks.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by Johnwen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:53 pm

LESH-
YES! I take Slo-Niacin 1000 (2-500Mg. pink oblong tablets made by Upsher-Smith) and have been for the last 3 years. Prior I was Niaspan 2000Mg. 2 years but like you My liver numbers were tickling the high end My Hdl was 48 so I cut back to 1000Mg. and found the Slo-niacin at $18 a 100 was alot cheaper then the abbott price. So I did the switch and Hdl hung and stayed at 45 mg/dl. So here I'am 2 pills a gulp of water and into bed and out! Don't know what a flush feels like if I have them I'm not there for them. :shock:

The only way to find out is to cut down to 1000 for a month or two and get your numbers checked and see what you get.
That still leaves you with the 1500 option.
Hope this helps!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”