Recommendations for mitral valve prolapse?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Recommendations for mitral valve prolapse?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:11 am

Dear Mr. Fonorow,
I have a history of mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation and in 2012 started having ventricular arrhythmias and ended up having a mitral valve repair at Cleveland Clinic. I currently take Metoprolol 12.5 mg twice daily and a baby aspirin. I have been reading lots of your articles and would like to know if you would tell me what supplements you would recommend. I noticed that you told some with leaky heart valves to take vitamin K. I am on aspirin because of the ring that put at the base of my mitral valve. Any advice you could offer or books, etc to read I would greatly appreciate. What could I take to prevent arrhythmias and do you agree he the traditional doctors that they were probably induced by the stress of my valve not working....I am thinking nutritional. I have also been a vegetarian for many years but am trying to get more protein in my diet. Blessings, Kim C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Recommendations for mitral valve prolapse?

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:02 am

I have not read Levys latest book on calcium, but If memory serves, isnt this vavle issue often caused by excess calcium, or at least calcium not ending up where intended due to lack or or improper ratio of A/D and required vit K?

I suppose since the surgeons got in there the damage is done at this point but I would think if there was calcification of the valve to cause damage that the calcification would still be present and say a ratio of 5:1 vit A/d and a good dose of vit K could do nothing but help.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Recommendations for mitral valve prolapse?

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:49 pm

Personally not an expert in "mitral valve prolapse" and was hoping one of the MDs would chime in.

I agree that in theory it makes sense to move calcium from soft tissue back into bone, which is one of the hormone-like functions of vitamin K.

I remember Kevin Trudeau began one of his last controversial books by telling the story of how he was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse" and being told there was not cure or treatment. Subsequently he found an alternative doc who was able to cure it, but does not say how that was accomplished.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”