Vitamin C linked to reduced stroke risk

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

aineo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vitamin C linked to reduced stroke risk

Post Number:#1  Post by aineo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:06 am

I was shocked to see a study this morning that supports vitamin C as a factor in reduced risk for stroke.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/02/17/vitamin-c-linked-to-reduced-stroke-risk-study-shows/?intcmp=obnetwork

Of course, it would be nice if they carried this further that they did, but it is still nice to see. It seems to me the mainstream media is as afraid of admitting the benefits of vitamin C as mainstream doctors are.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Vitamin C linked to reduced stroke risk

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:49 pm

aineo wrote:It seems to me the mainstream media is as afraid of admitting the benefits of vitamin C as mainstream doctors are.
Yes, Aineo, it would seem you are absolutely correct in that supposition. And when you think about it, it is only logical, i.e. who [or by what means] are the media [and universities and research grant seekers, etc., etc., etc.] financially supported [by]? Is it not advertising [and donations, and grants, etc.]? As the old saying goes, "He who pays the piper, calls the tune!" And, as a poster on the wall in my father's office [so facetiously] put it, "In this place of business, the golden rule applies: He who has the gold, rules!"

Just my viewpoint and "two cents worth,"

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin C linked to reduced stroke risk

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Thank you for that link aineo. All in all not bad, although they seem to have to include the implication that foods are the best source of vitamin C. What I liked about this test was that they measured blood levels. I think that without exception, every time a good team measures blood levels of vitamin C, the results are positive, often spectacular, the more vitamin C people have in their blood.

I know that we predicted a good study on the horizon, but I'll have to find the post to remember the preceding "bad" study.

Added - the first presumably bogus study was regarding antioxidants and lung cancer, so it seems we are still waiting for the positive news this was to block.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”