Acute atherosclerosis and claudication vs vit C formula

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Acute atherosclerosis and claudication vs vit C formula

Post Number:#31  Post by ofonorow » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:42 am

We are not communicating. Sorry. The term "wean" means to slowly change, or reduce the dosage, rather than suddenly changing from a very high dose. The target dose is 6 grams of lysine.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#32  Post by Zarna » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:02 am

ofonorow wrote:We are not communicating. Sorry. The term "wean" means to slowly change, or reduce the dosage, rather than suddenly changing from a very high dose. The target dose is 6 grams of lysine.

Ok I understood now. I shall see my sympathetic doctor tomorrow and will have to work out all of your and Johnwen suggestions. I shall write further tomorrow. Thanks for caring.

Zarna

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#33  Post by Zarna » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 am

Zarna wrote:
ofonorow wrote:We are not communicating. Sorry. The term "wean" means to slowly change, or reduce the dosage, rather than suddenly changing from a very high dose. The target dose is 6 grams of lysine.

Ok I understood now. I shall see my sympathetic doctor tomorrow and will have to work out all of your and Johnwen suggestions. I shall write further tomorrow. Thanks for caring.

Zarna

Dear owen, Johnwen and David,

I am sorry I have been away from computer wifi in melbourne. Instead of 8 days I ended up spending 17 days. Have just returned. I am a bit spaced out in reorganising myself .

Before I left I meant to ask Johnwen regarding l-argentine and policosanel and also icitrulline etc... They are all available in powder for as well as capsules. IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD THESE TO THE VIT C SOLUTION I MAKE OR SHOULD THEY BE TAKEN SEPARATELY?

I needed to write and find the answer before I left thinking I shall be able to write from melbourne. It has not happened.

Jonwen, you wrote about nitric acid and IMDUR medicine.. I had an episode before I left for melbourne and my friend was here. He is also a heart patient. He had NITRO DUR patch which he put on my upper arm. Is this similar to IMDUR? As soon as I hear from you IF I CAN MIX L ARGENINE AND PICASONOL ETC TOGETHER WITH MY MIX OF VIT C, I SHALL THEN ORDER IT. AND IF IT IS TO BE CAPSULES, THEN HOW MUCH SHD I TAKE?

Please excuse me for coming back to you so late but I was helpless.

Thankful. Zarna

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#34  Post by Zarna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Johnwen wrote:Z
Owen and Dave gave some pretty good advice on the V-C dosages and it would be good to stay as high as posible.
However in addition your going to have to add some supps. and possibly some scripted meds to help.

Heres what happens when they use a vein for a graft after a well the body senses the extra vessel and wants it to do it's part in the production of nitric oxide. To do this it try's to grow more endothiel cells in the vessel (vein graft) however veins can't have endothiel cells inside them. But that doesn't stop the body from trying in doing this. The cells grow around the junction and since they can't go inside the tube they keep growing around the opening and eventually block it and your back to square one with a blocked graft and a blocked artery. Usually before you go into a full blown heart attack you start experience the symptoms of a clogged artery Ie: shortness of breath, chest pain that radiates etc! Is this common? Yes! 90% of all bypass grafts will close down in this manner. Some as early as one year others can go for over 10 years.
Heres the plan for prevention! You increase your production of nitric oxide! So the body don't look for more!!
In scripted meds the use of nitro, But the fast acting type is a shot in the dark. You need something in a extended release such as Imdur (Isobride mononitrate) this works pretty good.
As for supps. L-arginine 2x a day plus 10mg policosonol works pretty good. Or L-citrulline goes throught the 9 step process to produce nitric so it takes longer and you don't get the levels as fast a Arg.& Poli but it's good for prevention in the long run.
In an emergency placing a DE stent in the bypass buy's time but when the poison wears off the process starts all over.
The body does what the body does.
Hope this helps with your understanding.

Dear Johnwen,

I wrote to all three of you, Owen and David but seems I have no reply. I was away for 20 days and had remained on my dosages. I need to buy L-argenine, pocosonol and later also l-cittruline but I do not know their dosages and how to take them! when to take them.

1. Should I buy powder form? If so can it be mixed in vit C formula dosage or should they be taken separately?
2. If they have to be taken separately when and how do I take them if they are powder?
3. Is it easier to buy capsules?

I shall need guidance in this. Otherwise I am on track with vit C. My Vit C has gone up to 30gms a day, together with proline and lysine 8gms and proline 1gm and stevia. I am comfortable with it and take hourly drink. Plus I always have 1 dose of Heart Tech 2 measures
Once a day, sometimes twice

I also use nitro-dur 5 glyceryl tri nitrate once in 2 to 3 days. Once I get your guidance to what should be my dose and whether powder or or capsule form, I shall go ahead and order those.

I am eagerly awaiting a reply from you or Owen or David. Mainly you.

zarna

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#35  Post by davids1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Zarna wrote:I wrote to all three of you, Owen and David but seems I have no reply. I was away for 20 days and had remained on my dosages. I need to buy L-argenine, pocosonol and later also l-cittruline but I do not know their dosages and how to take them! when to take them.

1. Should I buy powder form? If so can it be mixed in vit C formula dosage or should they be taken separately?
2. If they have to be taken separately when and how do I take them if they are powder?

I shall need guidance in this.
Hi Zarna,

Just to let you know, I am completely unqualified to suggest [or even comment] on the substances you listed.
Otherwise I am on track with vit C. My Vit C has gone up to 30gms a day, together with proline and lysine 8gms and proline 1gm and stevia. I am comfortable with it and take hourly drink.
That all sounds good to me [but I am neither a doctor (like Johnwen) nor a naturopath (like Owen), i.e. it is just my lay opinion]. That being said, Zarna, if I were in your situation, I would personally continue to increase my daily ascorbate intake until I reached Bowel Tolerance [and would maintain Bowel Tolerance for the rest of my life].

Just my viewpoint and "two cents worth" [for might it might be worth],

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#36  Post by Zarna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:26 pm

davids1 wrote:
Zarna wrote:I wrote to all three of you, Owen and David but seems I have no reply. I was away for 20 days and had remained on my dosages. I need to buy L-argenine, pocosonol and later also l-cittruline but I do not know their dosages and how to take them! when to take them.

Hi Zarna,

Just to let you know, I am completely unqualified to suggest [or even comment] on the substances you listed.
Otherwise I am on track with vit C. My Vit C has gone up to 30gms a day, together with proline and lysine 8gms and proline 1gm and stevia. I am comfortable with it and take hourly drink.
That all sounds good to me [but I am neither a doctor (like Johnwen) nor a naturopath (like Owen), i.e. it is just my lay opinion]. That being said, Zarna, if I were in your situation, I would personally continue to increase my daily ascorbate intake until I reached Bowel Tolerance [and would maintain Bowel Tolerance for the rest of my life].

David

Dear David,

Thanks for your reply. I shall wait for jonwen's reply as he suggested it but I have to understand a bit more. You have been truly great when you sent a list of what I should have. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks David.

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#37  Post by Zarna » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:14 pm

davids1 wrote:

Hi Zarna,

David

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#38  Post by pamojja » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:37 am

Zarna wrote:
I wrote to all three of you, Owen and David but seems I have no reply. I was away for 20 days and had remained on my dosages. I need to buy L-argenine, pocosonol and later also l-cittruline but I do not know their dosages and how to take them! when to take them.

zarna

If available I would buy l-citrulline and l-arginine in powder form - to avoid fillers in capsules as much as possible - and mix it in the vitamin C water. I saw arginine doses recommended as high as 30 g/d, personally wouldn't take as much, but anywhere between 3 to 10 g. Would consider 5 g/d a good maintenance dose. Citrulline I saw recommended up to 6 g/d.

Personally I took about 4 g Arginine, 1,5 AAKG (a slow release version of Arginine), 1 g Citrulline and 6 g Lysine. Amino acid powders go well with vitamin C on an empty stomach, but partially inhibit the absorption of each other. In this mix especially between lysine and arginine. However, since you take a glass of water for the vitamin C every hour, you can spread these two out easily.

Real pycogenol is that expensive, one's purse would establish one's upper affordable dose. I mainly take grape seed extract (dose range: 50-400 mg), which also contains OPC like pycogenol, and some generic pine bark extract (50-200 mg).

PS. I'm not a medical counselor and it isn't meant that way. Just learning and personal experience with claudication myself. However I would always recommend checking other, maybe even contrarian views on orthomolecular substances used, for example:

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/
http://examine.com/supplements/
http://www.wikimindmap.org/viewmap.php? ... l_nutrient
http://www.acu-cell.com/

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#39  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:00 am

I am interested in the benefits of arginine (having tried a 90 day trial myself last summer) so let us know if adding it provides any benefits. I did not see much benefit myself, but my wife apparently did.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”