Acute atherosclerosis and claudication vs vit C formula

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Acute atherosclerosis and claudication vs vit C formula

Post Number:#1  Post by Zarna » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Dear Owen, I have been on vit c formula from tower, which I take once in the morning and otherwise in emergencies when I have not been able to mix my own formula. I suffer from acute atherosclerosis in my left leg and little less in my right. I also have it in my deodunal artery. I am doing all this thru reading in computer.
When I read about liposomal vit C and how to make it, I thought rather than mixing just vit C, I could even mix both L-listened and l-proline in it proportions and turn the whole thing in liposomal, I include a little stevia. I stir it in ultrasonic machine for at least 30 mins till all froth has disappeared.
MY QUESTION IS: is it ok to do it like this so that I can drink the mixture together and do not have to add other things etc to it later? I find that I can digest it better. ANOTHER QUESTION: how long do you think it takes with Linus Pauling formula to start seeing the visible difference that it is working?
I go to the gym to do my walks in water as walking on road became so uninspiring as I would have to sit every 200 to maybe 600 metres that I lost the inspiration to walk. But water walking is very nice and the cramping in my calves is that much more bearable. So I shall continue to do this exercise.
I truly look forward to hearing from you. Thank you. This is my first time.
Zarna

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Acute atherosclerosis and claudication vs vit C formula

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi Zarna,

Question: How long have you "been on vit c formula from tower," and how much do you ingest daily?

And welcome to the forum, Zarna!

Sincerely,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by Zarna » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:39 pm

davids1 wrote:Hi Zarna,

Question: How long have you "been on vit c formula from tower," and how much do you ingest daily?

And welcome to the forum, Zarna!

Sincerely,

David

I do not know how to reply there are so many little boxes except reply box.

I started vit C formula in Bulgaria done by Mary who practices alternate
therapies. There I used to get just vit C and L-lysine 14grams a day mixed
in water to be taken every half hour. We had to leave bulgaria due to
accident to my husband and I was tKing this as packets were made for me for
another month or so. This was started from 6th September 2013.

Anyway, then I studied all references leading to this formula even tower
tech etc. I studied Cardio-C pack and ingredients and already had ascorbic
Acid pure, L-lysine pure, and l-proline so I started making the formula
like was done by Mary. This idea I had from tower. Then I looked into
tower products and saw their heart Tech which has additional ingredients.
So not trusting my own formula, I decided to import 1 tub a month. After
getting my first tub, I realised that it will only serve me for one time a
day, if I take two scoops, 3000mg. So I felt happy that at least one time,
in the morning my first dose I can take it. So I take that every morning
before I go to gym.

Then thru computer I found that we can make liposomal C at home so I got
the equipment and for first batch I just made with Vit C. But I had idea
that if I could make vit C liposomal then why can't I add the other two
also plus stevia and make the whole lot Liposomal? This is where I am. So
my second batch is that which I am taking three times a day. The batch is
made of 1 heaped table spoon of Vit C, same for L-lysine, 1/2 dessert spoon
of L-proline and small amt of stevia. I take this three times a day and it
will last me about a week.

So tower I take only once a day and in emergency if I have to carry it.
All this I have started only about 3 weeks. I do not know if what I am
doing with liposomal, the whole works, whether it will work removing the
plaque. I do vigorous walk in water 11/2 hours everyday as I find it
difficult to walk otherwise.

I look forward to your reply.
Zarna

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:34 am

Zarna wrote:MY QUESTION IS: is it ok to do it like this so that I can drink the mixture together and do not have to add other things etc to it later? I find that I can digest it better. ANOTHER QUESTION: how long do you think it takes with Linus Pauling formula to start seeing the visible difference that it is working?

Welcome Zarna,

liposomal C certainly does good, however, I don't know about possible unknown implication of ingesting liposomal amino acids, as for example: if the increased lecithin intake (= Omega-6 fatty acids) is worth any suspected benefit.

Personally, with a walking distance of only 3-400 meters too, because of a severe stenosis at the aorta abdominalis (~75%), my walking distance increased to 1 hour after 1 year. But only once I exceeded the minimal therapeutic dose of 6 g (ascorbic acid and lysine each, non-liposomal). Increasing the vitamin C dose further to about 20 g/day walking distance improved to 2 hours.

Then after 3 years, with various infections, walking distance came down to 1/2 an hour again. At the moment up to 1 1/2 hours walking before pain starts (the 5th year). We all have different medical preconditions so it's impossible to predict how long it will take in the end.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:38 am

Good that you are on the tried and true Tower product, not so good that you do not take it regularly. The major lesson I wanted to convey in the book Practicing Medicine Without a License is not only how rapidly Linus Pauling's invention of lysine added to vitamin C can resolve heart disease, but that people usually feel cured at some point, stop taking their vitamin C - and relapse. Usually 6 months later.

I too am wary of liposomal lysine/proline. What if liposomes aren't even traveling in the blood? What if they are going through the lymph system, or some other way to help explain their extreme power fighting infection? (Dr Levy has wondered about other mechanisms in our conversations).

I try to stay away from discussions of liposomes - because I know people are passionate. All I can say is that if homemade "liposomes" truly encapsulate water - then that water better be clean and pure - because it will bypass the immune system.

We know that products like Tower Heart Technology and Cardio-C work. They are based upon Linus Pauling's recommendations. People can certainly mix their own and probably achieve good results, but for a serious illness, why take any chances?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by davids1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi Zarna,

The only thing I would like to add to Owen and Pam's informative posts, is the concept of "Bowel Tolerance." Are you familiar with it? If not, Zarna, I highly recommend you become so! This article [at least the first 10 paragraphs] will explain it to you : http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.ortho ... itrate.htm. My view, Zarna, is that if you are not reaching Bowel Tolerance regularly, you will not receive the maximum possible benefits available from ascorbic acid.

The following two quotes are instructive:
"The clinical symptoms of...diseases and other conditions...are markedly ameliorated ONLY as Bowel Tolerance dose levels (the amount that almost, but not quite, causes diarrhea) are approached." -- Dr. Robert Cathcart, M.D.

"The three most important considerations in effective vitamin C therapy are "Dose, Dose, and Dose." If you don't take enough, you won't get the desired effects. Period!...you will rarely ever fail to observe a DRAMATIC response...IF you take a large enough dose, for a long enough time." -- Dr. Thomas Levy, M.D.
I hope this helps, Zarna [in your ongoing education].

Best wishes,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#7  Post by Zarna » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:44 am

Zarna wrote:
davids1 wrote:Hi Zarna,

The only thing I would like to add to Owen and Pam's informative posts, is the concept of "Bowel Tolerance." Are you familiar with it? If not, Zarna, I highly recommend you become so! This article [at least the first 10 paragraphs] will explain it to you : http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.ortho ... itrate.htm. My view, Zarna, is that if you are not reaching Bowel Tolerance regularly, you will not receive the maximum possible benefits available from ascorbic acid.

The following two quotes are instructive:
"The clinical symptoms of...diseases and other conditions...are markedly ameliorated ONLY as Bowel Tolerance dose levels (the amount that almost, but not quite, causes diarrhea) are approached." -- Dr. Robert Cathcart, M.D.

"The three most important considerations in effective vitamin C therapy are "Dose, Dose, and Dose." If you don't take enough, you won't get the desired effects. Period!...you will rarely ever fail to observe a DRAMATIC response...IF you take a large enough dose, for a long enough time." -- Dr. Thomas Levy, M.D.
I hope

this helps, Zarna [in your ongoing education].

Best wishes,

Dear David1,

I read your mail and also went thru your bowel tolerance article. My bowel tolerance at the moment is about 3 times which I consider not to bad. They are just short of diarrhea as I can see. From today I am starting 14g vit C together with its companions in pure water. (It is completely filtered water in filtration machine). Let me see how I tolerate this and also I shall continue to take tower tech formula 2 scoops in the morning but the rest I shall take my prepared water. Shall keep you informed.

Besides this, I also go to aqua pools where I have been walking 2km (25mtr length x80 single laps). This pool walk which I take in 4 to 5 different ways has started to show results. Initially I used to feel unbearable pain in both my calf muscles and each time I added another kind of walk it was the same unbearable calf muscles. But now all my various ways of walking , forward, backward, sideways, jumping and running etc...the pain in my left muscle still appears sometimes in certain walk but is going down. My shot is combination of this walk and vit c formula and am hoping that when there will be no more pain in my calves which ever way I walk ( I also do 1 hour of aerobic class after the walk) then I would like to venture out to walk on the roads.

Wish me luck. Best wishes

David
ofonorow wrote:Good that you are on the tried and true Tower product, not so good that you do not take it regularly. The major lesson I wanted to convey in the book Practicing Medicine Without a License is not only how rapidly Linus Pauling's invention of lysine added to vitamin C can resolve heart disease, but that people usually feel cured at some point, stop taking their vitamin C - and relapse. Usually 6 months later.

I too am wary of liposomal lysine/proline. What if liposomes aren't even traveling in the blood? What if they are going through the lymph system, or some other way to help explain their extreme power fighting infection? (Dr Levy has wondered about other mechanisms in our conversations).

I try to stay away from discussions of liposomes - because I know people are passionate. All I can say is that if homemade "liposomes" truly encapsulate water - then that water better be clean and pure - because it will bypass the immune system.

We know that products like Tower Heart Technology and Cardio-C work. They are based upon Linus Pauling's recommendations. People can certainly mix their own and probably achieve good results, but for a serious illness, why take any chances?
[/quote

Dear Owen,

I can see what you are talking about. When I said emergency, I meant every morning my first dose is towers 2 scoops. After that I took liposomal my solution 3 more times a day. I do wish to be cured completely and I have placed all my faith in Linus Pauling theory and I do believe it will help me. I do not wish to write anything here in detail but tower formula to take earnestly for me should be min 14gms vit c per day and add to that the proportionate l-lysine, proline etc. for me to take that I would need at least 4 tp 5 double scoops a day and the cost of it is aus$60 per tub. It has 30 servings which will mean every 6 days I shall need another tower tub. This is the reason why I need alternate way to do both, tower and my own way of mixing.

Since your mail today, I have stopped liposomal mixture and have prepared 14g ascorbic acid, 14g l-lysine, 3g proline and 1/2 tspn stevia. I have prepared the mixture in pure water and will drink a little every half hour. The bottle is 700ml so by night I would have taken it all. This is how Mary had started me and after taking cloversil PLus I had such bad coughing bouts that I thought I would die coughing. What is was I do not know whether the combination did it. Now I am restarting this formula and if I remain ok with it, I shall continue it. Will keep you informed if everything remains ok.

I would dearly like a cheaper way to receive tower tech so that I can take it atleast 3 times a day and the rest I can drink my mixture. I have written to tower regarding this and am awaiting their answer.

Looking forward to you comment on my new way to drink vit c.

Zarna

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by pamojja » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:07 am

davids1 wrote:The only thing I would like to add to Owen and Pam's informative posts, is the concept of "Bowel Tolerance." Are you familiar with it? If not, Zarna, I highly recommend you become so!

Beside checking bowel tolerance and then dosing 3/4 of it, I hope you're familiar with the rest of Pauling's treatment recommendations.

http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicens ... t_chp7.pdf

Pauling Therapy Summary

Therapeutic:

Vitamin C (6,000 to 18,000 mg)
Lysine (5,000 to 6,000 mg)

Pauling Therapy Enhancements:

Proline (250 to 2,000 mg)
Coenzyme Q10 (100 to 300 mg)
Magnesium (150 to 1,500 mg)

Preventives:

Vitamin C (3,000 to 10,000 mg)
Lysine (2,000 to 4,000 mg)

Follow Pauling's other heart and cardiovascular recommendations:

Vitamin E - 800 to 3,200 IU
Vitamin A - 20,000 to 40,000 IU
Super B-Complex - 1 or 2
Daily multiple vitamin and mineral
Drink plenty of water

Additional Enhancements:

Eliminate trans fatty acids from the diet
Introduce unprocessed Omega-3 and Omega-6 oils
Eat salt, but only unrefined salt
Reduce manganese intake
Eliminate ordinary sugar and refined carbohydrates
Supplement with vitamin K
Avoid supplemental calcium
Supplement with the amino acids taurine, arginine and carnitine (1 to 3 grams)
Supplement with vitamin D3 (2,000 IU), especially in the winter months
Supplement with melatonin (3 to 6 mg) before bedtime

Zarna wrote:Since your mail today, I have stopped liposomal mixture and have prepared 14g ascorbic acid, 14g l-lysine, 3g proline and 1/2 tspn stevia. I have prepared the mixture in pure water and will drink a little every half hour. The bottle is 700ml so by night I would have taken it all.

Nowhere I saw lysine that high recommended, 2 g/d of proline would already plenty as well. However, Ascorbic Acid in Water has a very short half-live therefore would dissolve it fresh at each dose for highest potency.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:39 am

As far as the new way - I do have knowledge of some individuals who are taking as much lysine as you report, but over the years we have deduced that 6 grams of additional supplemental lysine is sufficient for most people to achieve the Linus Pauling Effect - plaque reductions. In my uncle's case, a 50% carotid blockage was cleared in 30 days by 2500 mg of vitamin C and 2500 mg lyisne.

Dr. Johnwen has posted material that the upper safe limit of lysine is around 12-14 grams, and you would normally get around 1 gram per day from the diet.

So I like what you are doing, but I might gradually reduce the lysine from 14 down to 6-9 grams daily.

We found 1 gram of proline to be sufficient and know some docs recommend 2 grams daily.

Vitamin C is a different animal altogether. Our needs vary. The metabolic requirement for vitamin C varies across a wide range, and can change by orders of magnitude in the same individual depending on illness and stress. So taking as much vitamin C as you can tolerate and adding liposomal makes sense. I trust you have seen Dr. Cathcart's paper on dosing vitamin C?

http://vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/Vitamin_C_Dosage_in_Disease.pdf
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#10  Post by Zarna » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:34 pm

pamojja wrote:
davids1 wrote:The only thing I would like to add to Owen and Pam's informative posts, is the concept of "Bowel Tolerance." Are you familiar with it? If not, Zarna, I highly recommend you become so!

Beside checking bowel tolerance and then dosing 3/4 of it, I hope you're familiar with the rest of Pauling's treatment recommendations.

http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicens ... t_chp7.pdf

Pauling Therapy Summary

Therapeutic:

Vitamin C (6,000 to 18,000 mg)
Lysine (5,000 to 6,000 mg)

Pauling Therapy Enhancements:

Proline (250 to 2,000 mg)
Coenzyme Q10 (100 to 300 mg)
Magnesium (150 to 1,500 mg)

Preventives:

Vitamin C (3,000 to 10,000 mg)
Lysine (2,000 to 4,000 mg)

Follow Pauling's other heart and cardiovascular recommendations:

Vitamin E - 800 to 3,200 IU
Vitamin A - 20,000 to 40,000 IU
Super B-Complex - 1 or 2
Daily multiple vitamin and mineral
Drink plenty of water

Additional Enhancements:

Eliminate trans fatty acids from the diet
Introduce unprocessed Omega-3 and Omega-6 oils
Eat salt, but only unrefined salt
Reduce manganese intake
Eliminate ordinary sugar and refined carbohydrates
Supplement with vitamin K
Avoid supplemental calcium
Supplement with the amino acids taurine, arginine and carnitine (1 to 3 grams)
Supplement with vitamin D3 (2,000 IU), especially in the winter months
Supplement with melatonin (3 to 6 mg) before bedtime

Yes, I am aware of the above most of it is part of my daily routine diet. Thank you for filling up the gaps pamojja.

Zarna wrote:Since your mail today, I have stopped liposomal mixture and have prepared 14g ascorbic acid, 14g l-lysine, 3g proline and 1/2 tspn stevia. I have prepared the mixture in pure water and will drink a little every half hour. The bottle is 700ml so by night I would have taken it all.

Nowhere I saw lysine that high recommended, 2 g/d of proline would already plenty as well. However, Ascorbic Acid in Water has a very short half-live therefore would dissolve it fresh at each dose for highest potency.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#11  Post by davids1 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Zarna wrote:...tower formula to take earnestly for me should be min 14gms vit c per day and add to that the proportionate l-lysine, proline etc. for me to take that I would need at least 4 tp 5 double scoops a day and the cost of it is aus$60 per tub. It has 30 servings which will mean every 6 days I shall need another tower tub. This is the reason why I need alternate way to do both, tower and my own way of mixing.
Hi Zarna,

If money is a factor, the following may be of interest to you. Irwin stone, in his book THE HEALING FACTOR: VITAMIN C Against Disease recorded the following study:
A most exciting paper by G.C. Willis appeared in 1957 entitled "the Reversibility of Atherosclerosis." In this study atherosclerosis was induced in guinea pigs by depriving them of ascorbic acid. Some guinea pigs were then given large doses of ascorbic acid and it was found that in these animals the beginning atherosclerotic lesions were rapidly resorbed while the more advanced atherosclerotic plaques on the artery walls took longer. There was a steady decline in the incidence of the lesions in direct proportion to the duration of ascorbic acid therapy.
You'll note, Zarna, that the atherosclerosis was, in fact, reversed with ascorbic acid ALONE. But, I would assume for this to work, a person would absolutely need to be ingesting a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid daily.

Just trying to help,

David

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#12  Post by Zarna » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:06 pm

davids1 wrote:
Zarna wrote:...tower formula to take earnestly for me should be min 14gms vit c per day and add to that the proportionate l-lysine, proline etc. for me to take that I would need at least 4 tp 5 double scoops a day and the cost of it is aus$60 per tub. It has 30 servings which will mean every 6 days I shall need another tower tub. This is the reason why I need alternate way to do both, tower and my own way of mixing.
Hi Zarna,

If money is a factor, the following may be of interest to you. Irwin stone, in his book THE HEALING FACTOR: VITAMIN C Against Disease recorded the following study:
A most exciting paper by G.C. Willis appeared in 1957 entitled "the Reversibility of Atherosclerosis." In this study atherosclerosis was induced in guinea pigs by depriving them of ascorbic acid. Some guinea pigs were then given large doses of ascorbic acid and it was found that in these animals the beginning atherosclerotic lesions were rapidly resorbed while the more advanced atherosclerotic plaques on the artery walls took longer. There was a steady decline in the incidence of the lesions in direct proportion to the duration of ascorbic acid therapy.
You'll note, Zarna, that the atherosclerosis was, in fact, reversed with ascorbic acid ALONE. But, I would assume for this to work, a person would absolutely need to be ingesting a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid daily.

Just trying to help,

David

[b]Dear David,

you are a caring person i can see. Like I said in my last post, since yesterday i have abandoned liposomal VIT C inclusive of other ingredients, as two people doubted its effect on the disease. i have resumed my old formula of daily intake of 14gm Vit C inclusive of other ingredients and i mix in 700ml of water and take 1 hourly doses of about 3 gulps. The Bowel Tolerance factor is as i said in previous mail 3 so far and am comfortable with it.

i am trying to understand your point re ascorbic acid alone can help me. one thing is different between guinea pigs and myself in that they had induced deprivation. in any case according to Linus, only humans do not make their own Vit C. So the Guinea pigs are different to me as I have inherited these tendendies from 2 to 3 generatiions. So I will not have that confidence to go it alone without any medical practitioner overseeing me. All medical practitioners do not budge from standard treatment. Let me see how I go with this for a month or so together with my exercise routine and then i shall start testing my walks if there is any difference. I shall still order commercial formula just to give me confidence. so all in all i shall be taking 17gms of ascorbice acid.

i need all the help i can get and all the angles of view. I appreciate everybody who comes here on my page as i know they are angels for me.

Le

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:54 am

Want to clarify several points made above:

This is not technically correct. 3/4 of the "C Calibration" or "C Cleanse", not bowel tolerance. There is a significant difference between bowl tolerance and the Russell Jaffe C Calibration. Dr. Jaffe discusses the difference in one of the youtube videos of his lectures. (in a nut shell, the bowel tolerance titration method does not provide enough vitamin C fast enough. The Cleanse was invented to assist with heavy metal detox.

In the Willis guinea pig experiments on the reversibility of atherosclerosis, it is true that vitamin C alone was the surprising single factor. But when Willis progressed to humans, only 1/3 of the subjects experienced reversals in their atherosclerotic plaques. (in 1/3 of his human subjects, their heart conditions got worse.)

If you remember the very first case Pauling reported (and on the Video - I will look for the snippet) the National Academy of Sciences Medal Winner had heart disease, despite his 5 grams of vitamin C daily. He still had angina and trouble walking. The first case is in this video snippet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN8up1U6wNQ&feature=player_embedded )

After Pauling suggested he add 5 grams of lysine, a month later this scientist was chopping wood.

The addition of lysine is based on Pauling's insight of what makes plaques grow - they adhere to lesions on arteries. I believe it is true, that if one takes a lot of vitamin C to keep their arteries strong and healthy, then there would be no lesions, and thus no need for Lp(a) binding inhibitors in higher dosages in healthy people, but how many humans are really taking enough vitamin C to obtain true good arterial health?

What I have noticed anecdotally over the years is that heart disease does not require bowel tolerance dosages (as infections and probably cancer do.) I have formulated a postulate that no one who consumes more than 10 grams (10,000 mg of vitamin C) daily for say 2 years will have heart disease. This is based on my experience with how "little" actually reverses most cases. I am not saying don't give the body what it wants, but the dosage of vitamin C in perhaps90% of the population to prevent heart disease is around 10,000 mg.

It is interesting that David might be an exception to this rule. For some reason (dental toxicity is my guess) David requires the highest daily amount of vitamin C that I know for a person in "good health". If he were to reduce his daily intake from 100,000 mg to 10,000 mg, he would not be protected from heart disease as are most people. If my guess about toxicity is the reason, then we can see how and why dental toxicity is highly correlated with heart disease.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by davids1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Zarna wrote:i am trying to understand your point re ascorbic acid alone can help me. one thing is different between guinea pigs and myself in that they had induced deprivation. in any case according to Linus, only humans do not make their own Vit C. So the Guinea pigs are different to me as I have inherited these tendendies from 2 to 3 generatiions. So I will not have that confidence to go it alone without any medical practitioner overseeing me.
Hi Zarna,

Just to make sure we are "on the same page:" Humans are not the only mammals that do not make their own "Vit C." Two others that also do not are guinea pigs and [certain] fruit bats. So, in regards to "vit C," guinea pigs should be good test models for us humans.

Question, Zarna: Since the guinea pigs did, in fact, have atherosclerosis [regardless of the cause], would you not think that whatever modality cured their atherosclerosis, i.e. dissolved their plaques, would also work for humans, that also have atherosclerosis? But you'll note that the guinea pigs were "given large doses of ascorbic acid." How large that would be in human terms/proportions, we/I do not know, but the implication is that it was a lot. And so my belief and recommendation in/for a [regular] Bowel Tolerance dose.

At any rate, Zarna, by all means, you need to have confidence in whatever health modality you choose to pursue! All this is just "grist for your [health] mill."

Best wishes,

David

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#15  Post by Zarna » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:18 am

ofonorow wrote:Want to clarify several points made above:

This is not technically correct. 3/4 of the "C Calibration" or "C Cleanse", not bowel tolerance. There is a significant difference between bowl tolerance and the Russell Jaffe C Calibration. Dr. Jaffe discusses the difference in one of the youtube videos of his lectures. (in a nut shell, the bowel tolerance titration method does not provide enough vitamin C fast enough. The Cleanse was invented to assist with heavy metal detox.

In the Willis guinea pig experiments on the reversibility of atherosclerosis, it is true that vitamin C alone was the surprising single factor. But when Willis progressed to humans, only 1/3 of the subjects experienced reversals in their atherosclerotic plaques. (in 1/3 of his human subjects, their heart conditions got worse.)

If you remember the very first case Pauling reported (and on the Video - I will look for the snippet) the National Academy of Sciences Medal Winner had heart disease, despite his 5 grams of vitamin C daily. He still had angina and trouble walking. The first case is in this video snippet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN8up1U6wNQ&feature=player_embedded )

After Pauling suggested he add 5 grams of lysine, a month later this scientist was chopping wood.

The addition of lysine is based on Pauling's insight of what makes plaques grow - they adhere to lesions on arteries. I believe it is true, that if one takes a lot of vitamin C to keep their arteries strong and healthy, then there would be no lesions, and thus no need for Lp(a) binding inhibitors in higher dosages in healthy people, but how many humans are really taking enough vitamin C to obtain true good arterial health?

What I have noticed anecdotally over the years is that heart disease does not require bowel tolerance dosages (as infections and probably cancer do.) I have formulated a postulate that no one who consumes more than 10 grams (10,000 mg of vitamin C) daily for say 2 years will have heart disease. This is based on my experience with how "little" actually reverses most cases. I am not saying don't give the body what it wants, but the dosage of vitamin C in perhaps90% of the population to prevent heart disease is around 10,000 mg.

It is interesting that David might be an exception to this rule. For some reason (dental toxicity is my guess) David requires the highest daily amount of vitamin C that I know for a person in "good health". If he were to reduce his daily intake from 100,000 mg to 10,000 mg, he would not be protected from heart disease as are most people. If my guess about toxicity is the reason, then we can see how and why dental toxicity is highly correlated with heart disease.

. Dear Owen,

You have clarified David's post but it is a high language and I am just a patient who is working out what dosage to take. Do you believe that I am doing the right thing and how long before I can go and get myself MRI done to see if there is improvement in my brain arteries and eg arteries. Also if I am not taking the right does I would love you to guide me. I shall not not hold you responsible. As regards tower products I would love to take more of it if somehow postage can come down. I wrote to them with a CC to you but have not heard from them yet. I shall have to see our time difference and then call them. Please confirm if I am on the right path?

Regards, Zarna

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”