Mitral Valve Replacement - on Warfarin

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Mitral Valve Replacement - on Warfarin

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:58 am

Hello
A friend told me about this site and Dr Paulings Vit C therapy for the heart. What a pity I didn't know about this before. I just had a Mitral valve replacement, came on all of a sudden when I couldn't breathe early hours of the morn, a couple of weeks ago.
What is the better product to buy ? I'm normally quite healthy, take supplements, swim, go to gym twice a week, this has really thrown me. I'm temporarily on 6mg of Warfarin a day and plan on getting off all medications, I don't like nasty side effects of statins.

Glad you found out about Pauling's therapy, but understand that Pauling's therapy is based on the understanding of the most common form of cardiovascular disease - atherosclerosis or more commonly, narrowing of the arteries.

I am no expert on bad Mitral Valves, but in the event that the problem arises because heart valves become "calcified" then I don't understand giving you rat poison, er, warfarin - which will rapidly increase. calcification in your soft tissues.
e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24072176. This study is an overview, there are hundreds on the connection between the vitamin K antagoinst warfarin leading to soft tissue calcification.

In your case,

Most people do not take enough vitamin C. We do have had reports of all sorts of related heart conditions clearing up on the proper dosage, so my first recommendation is to read Linus Pauling's book HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER and follow his supplement regimen on or about page 14 of the paperback. This protocol (which includes 6000 to 18,000 mg of vitamin C daily) clears up 90% of medical issues, especially when combined with a good diet (low in refined carbs and no trans fatty acids - i.e. processed foods)

If the valve problem is caused by calcification, then you may able to ward off future problems with a proper intake of vitamin K. Long story, but vitamin K can work like a hormone moving calcium from soft tissue into bones. Life Extensions Super-K (LEF.ORG) seems to be an excellent supplement to take daily in addition to Pauling's recommendations.

Maybe a doc will comment why you are being given warfarin for a mitral valve replacement?

There are more basic supplement recommendations you may download (free chapter) from my book on Pauling's therapy
http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicens ... t_chp7.pdf

You say you are taking supplements already, I wonder how much vitamin C and vitamin K? (And D and A?)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Mitral Valve Replacement - on Warfarin

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:36 pm

What type of Valve did they use? Biological or Mechanical?

If it was a Bio type your going to be on thinners for about 6 months till things heal up.
If it was a Mech. type you'll be on thinners for life.
You'll want to keep your INR about 2.0
So it's best to start taking your supps now so your tech (pharma-d) can get you in range.
If your going to take K stay away from supps. with K1 in it you'll just be fighting the meds to no benefit to you.
A good K2 combo with Mk3 and Mk7 held at a set level would be good.
Pauling T. has no effect on INR but does help things heal better and quicker and gives you a line of protection from the damage done there.

FYI statins makes the healing process take longer!!!

Don't plan on the gym for about 4 months but if they have a Cardio Rehab Program get involved. It's monitored excercise!
How long till you feel 100% human? 3 Years!!! I got a ton of patients who can't believe the fog they lived in and when they hit the 3 year mark they all brag how it feels to be themselves again! Don't get me wrong you'll feel better then you did but you'll know something just ain't 100% till then! Careful with the meds some doc's will dump on you. If you don't feel right taking something let them know ASAP!!
It's a pain in the B--- but it's much better then what would have happened to you if you had this 40 years ago!!
Be patient all good things take time!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

kohlrabicroce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by kohlrabicroce » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:28 pm

Johnwen wrote:What type of Valve did they use? Biological or Mechanical?

Don't plan on the gym for about 4 months but if they have a Cardio Rehab Program get involved. It's monitored excercise!
How long till you feel 100% human? 3 Years!!! I got a ton of patients who can't believe the fog they lived in and when they hit the 3 year mark they all brag how it feels to be themselves again! Don't get me wrong you'll feel better then you did but you'll know something just ain't 100% till then! Careful with the meds some doc's will dump on you. If you don't feel right taking something let them know ASAP!!
It's a pain in the B--- but it's much better then what would have happened to you if you had this 40 years ago!!
Be patient all good things take time!!!

Does the 3 year thing apply to people recovering from stroke too?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Owen
Thanks for your reply. I already had the Mitral valve replaced, it had prolapsed, my arteries are in good health, thankfully. I am currently on Warfarin so can't take Vit K although you're not supposed to take fish oils either and I plan to increase levels of DHA, therefore lower dose of Warfarin, at present I'm on 6mg a day, DHA does the same job as in. prevents clots and safer than Warfarin.

Per johnwen's comments you can and should take the K2 form of vitamin K, to reduce calcification.

Don't expect your doctor to know this but (we believe) vitamin K1 is used in clotting and this is what these drugs counteract. But K2 is not involved with clotting, and is involved with calcification. I think the advise to stop vitamin K and Omega 3 oils is poor, but probably does increase their revenues. Of course you have had an unnatural procedure, but you require vitamin K. It is essential and your intestinal flora make it. You require essential fatty acids.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”