Questions about high Lp(a)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

leshoward
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Questions about high Lp(a)

Post Number:#1  Post by leshoward » Sat May 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Owen....Some basic background on me,,,No heart attack, and no Angina, stents 7 yrs ago in the LAD, was asymptomatic.; diagnosed via a CT Angiogram.,Thalium Stress was normal...,,Then Plavix for 3-4 subsequent yrs...
Still on 20mg Lipitor, Baby Aspirin, 160mg Diovan..I'm 6' 180lbs, in ok shape..
Cholest Profile as pf 3-1-2013..Total Chol: 165; Tri: 91; VLDL 18; LDL; 81; HDL 66 LP(a) 79
I am trying to get off the Lipitor...

I am concerned the "Little(a)" is way too high, so I started on "Cardio-Tech" from Tower Labs
A few weeks into it, I had a Colitis attack with some bleeding...I had not experienced this since I was put on Plavix 7 yrs ago..No problems in between..So I feel it was more than just a coincidence, so I stopped the oral Cardio-Tech Powder...
April 15th...Began taking 4gms Liposomal C from Mercola...1gm, 4 time daily...along with seperate doses of Lysine & Proline...1500mg each...and reduced the Lipitor to 10mg daily, down from 20mg 5 days a week(didnt take it on the weekends)
Do you think I can accomplish a reversal/halt to CAD with this regimen of Lipo C vrs Oral C? Your thoughts? Thanks!
Les

mrdon

Re: New forum for discussion of liposomal vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by mrdon » Sun May 04, 2014 6:46 am

1st time I"m pc incompetent haha I live in Thailand not much help here. MY Q LIP C: I take 9 gms of C oraly how much LIP C would I have to take and do u have to space it out into 3 or4 times a day like I do now. Also does LIP C need to be kept cool? I read 30 doses per bottle, so would 1 a day be enough?

mrdon

Re: New forum for discussion of liposomal vitamin C

Post Number:#3  Post by mrdon » Sun May 04, 2014 6:54 am

1st time ever on a forum just clicking on everything. I currently take 9gms of AA 3gms 3 times per day. How many doses of LIP C would I have to take. Advert of the Vit C foundation says 30 doses/ bottle. Also does LIP C need to kept cool? I live in Thailand so it's always hot and sometimes it's really hot.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Questions about high Lp(a)

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 21, 2014 1:04 pm

Found these questions in an announcement.. Moved them here.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 21, 2014 1:07 pm

leshoward wrote:Owen....Some basic background on me,,,No heart attack, and no Angina, stents 7 yrs ago in the LAD, was asymptomatic.; diagnosed via a CT Angiogram.,Thalium Stress was normal...,,Then Plavix for 3-4 subsequent yrs...
Still on 20mg Lipitor, Baby Aspirin, 160mg Diovan..I'm 6' 180lbs, in ok shape..
Cholest Profile as pf 3-1-2013..Total Chol: 165; Tri: 91; VLDL 18; LDL; 81; HDL 66 LP(a) 79
I am trying to get off the Lipitor...

I am concerned the "Little(a)" is way too high, so I started on "Cardio-Tech" from Tower Labs
A few weeks into it, I had a Colitis attack with some bleeding...I had not experienced this since I was put on Plavix 7 yrs ago..No problems in between..So I feel it was more than just a coincidence, so I stopped the oral Cardio-Tech Powder...
April 15th...Began taking 4gms Liposomal C from Mercola...1gm, 4 time daily...along with seperate doses of Lysine & Proline...1500mg each...and reduced the Lipitor to 10mg daily, down from 20mg 5 days a week(didnt take it on the weekends)
Do you think I can accomplish a reversal/halt to CAD with this regimen of Lipo C vrs Oral C? Your thoughts? Thanks!
Les

Sorry for the delay noticing this post.
Some red flags. Mercola's "liposomes" are not. The product does contain vitamin C, but there is no water, and thus there can be no true liposomes.
20 mg Lipitor - and your total cholesterol is 165? Malpractice. And per other topic, why not try substituting niacin?
If you are reacting poorly to ascorbic acid per colitis (which is the primary vitamin C we have monitored over the years that has been successful) you might add some baking soda.
Johnwen?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Johnwen » Wed May 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Just some questions????
Age??
Male or Female??
Do you take Fish oil??
Are the numbers on the Results listed in Mg/dL or Nmol/L
Type of stent used?? They should have given you some paperwork with this info on it!!

Off your last Blood test.
Glucose??
Creatinine??
EGFR?? If not listed I can calculate it!
Ast??
Alt??
Albumin??
Total Bilirubin???

Plavix + Hemorrhoid + V-c = Bright Blood in stool! Not to concerning!
Plavix + Polyp + V-c = Dark bright blood in stool! Needs further investigation!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

leshoward
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by leshoward » Fri May 23, 2014 12:57 pm

AGE 60.. MALE.. 180 LBS ..SIX FEET...
NMR RESULTS:
LDL-P....1130
LDL-C....91
HDL-C...85
TRIGS..69
TOTAL CHOL...190
SMALL LDL-P...113
LDL SIZE..21.1
TRIGS/HDL RATIO...0.81

GLUCOSE..111
AST..42
ALT...45
HEMOGLOBIN A1C...5.8
LipoProtein(a)...48..nmo/L
Serum Creatinine... 0.90
Lp-PLA-2...181
Albumin...Serum..4.0
C Reactive Protein..0.29
Homocyst(e)ine...14.2

TAKE THE FOLLOWING....APPROX 1GM FISH OIL DAILY
1500 MG SLO NIACIN
2 CUPS(SERVINGS) CARDIO C PER DAY...5GMS V-C, 5GMS LYSINE, 2.5GMS PROLINE
8 MG ASAXANTHIN
150 MG UBIQUINOL
NO STATINS!!!
OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT 500MG 2X DAILY
ONE PACKET OF LIVON LIPO C IN THE EVENING
1500 MG SLO-NIACIN

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Johnwen » Sat May 24, 2014 9:44 am

Lee
Your LP(a) calculates to 19.2 Mg/dL which is a little high but not all that high. On a Red, Yellow, Green scale your in the bottom of the yellow scale at this point I would say just hold the course on the Niacin. However something that might be related to this is your AST Level is high. Normal ranges for this is around 5-34 U/L. However you ALT is in normal ranges. This usually indicates a breakdown of muscle tissue. Your CRP is low so this also means that the muscle breakdown is not related to inflammation.
So the question would be. Have you started some kind of exercise routine such as running or biking???
Your GFR is 84 which is the bottom of stage 2 at 60 years old, it’s good. No Problem here!
Your A1C is at 5.8 which translates into an average Glucose reading of 128 Mg/dL. Most doctors wouldn’t bat an eye at this. However in a person who has had a coronary event, it needs to be lower! I’d like to see a 4.8 to 5.0.
Have you noticed a mid section increase lately (ie. Fat gut/Love handles)???
This is your body storing sugar as fat and needs to be gone!!
My suggestion here would be right now is cut back on the sugars and Carb’s and up the protein intake. This would help both problems I pointed out! Getting the glucose levels down and nourishing the body so the muscles won’t be broken down for body nourishment.
See if you can get your V-C levels up to about 10G. A day the rest can stay the course as is.
Hope this helps!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

leshoward
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by leshoward » Sat May 24, 2014 11:52 am

These bloods were as of Jan 12 2014...I am due as we speak & will have the bloods repeated within a week....Since those bloods I have reduced the Slo-Niacin to 1000Mg per day...We'll see shortly...
I have started some exercises recently and am a firm believer that Sugar is Toxic, with Carbs a close second....Gary Taubes, Dr Robert Lustig..

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”