Allay my Fears..... Please

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Allay my Fears..... Please

Post by lolex » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:00 pm

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Allay my Fears..... Please

Post by pamojja » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:23 am

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:48 am

See also the remaining suggestions for Paulings therapy:

viewtopic.php?p=35564#p35564

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:07 am

Hi Lolex - welcome! I see you are taking 18 g of C a day so did you just pick that number at random. I try and approach bowel tolerance every day and currently take >30 g a day. Bowel tolerance is really the only way we know if we are getting all we can use - at least using pills or powder.

AFAIK, Pauling Therapy would tend to dissolve plaque not "break it off" - after all, it is a chemical reaction not a mechanical action. IMO Pauling Therapy would be the least dangerous of treatments for plaque buildup.
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by davids1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:24 am

As usual, TJ, well said!
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by lolex » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:26 pm

tjohnson_nb wrote:Hi Lolex - welcome! I see you are taking 18 g of C a day so did you just pick that number at random.

Thanks for the feedback everyone... I picked 18gms as it was the higher limit in the Pauling Therapy Recommendations, and before I'd read about titrating to bowel tolerance. I guess this is near my limit because this level makes me fart (which I don't usually do) and its given me the squitts on a couple of occasions.

I might try increasing it but I don't want to get caught short on the Bus or at a Meeting.

Cheers for now....

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by davids1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:25 am

Hi Lolex,

Yes, it does indeed sound like you are near your current Bowel Tolerance limit.

I assume you are familiar with Dr. Cathcart's "Titrating to Bowel Tolerance" article? If not, I encourage you to read at least the first ten paragraphs of it http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.ortho ... itrate.htm. My only recommendation to you [if you want the very best of health possible] is to continue to press your Bowel Tolerance limit forward/upward [as your circumstances allow].

Over the past 20 years, I have seen my Bowel Tolerance limit go from a starting limit of 10 to 15 grams per day, to my current Bowel Tolerance limit of 75 to 100 grams per day. I believe this is primarily because I have cleaned up/out my GI tract. The results to me have been no sickness, no doctors, no drugs [all-the-while growing older (I am just shy of 65)].

Just my viewpoint as "grist for your mill."

Best wishes, Lolex,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

lolex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by lolex » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Well, I've survived so far.... so I guess Johnson-nb's on track with his response that "AFAIK, Pauling Therapy would tend to dissolve plaque not "break it off" - after all, it is a chemical reaction not a mechanical action".

I'd be very interested if anyone has some facts or information, references on this.

I'm on leave for four weeks very soon and when I get back I'm in for an Angiogram.

It'll be interesting to see what they find.

I feel as healthy as ever did over the last 5 years or so. In fact the Vitamin C seems to have given me more 'energy' and sharpened my mind... I don't think that I'm imagining that.

Cheers for now !

tjohnson_nb
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by tjohnson_nb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:15 am

Owen started a thread here Lolex viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9970
It has a link to a good article about Pauling Therapy
'Always' and 'never' are 2 words you should always remember never to use.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:23 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”