Can Coffee Interfere with Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Can Coffee Interfere with Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Your Cardio C works great.. Been using it now for over 65 days and feeling so much better from blocked arteries.

Can you advise the following relating to Coffee. I drink coffee a bit .. like 5 cups a day and wondered if it would be interfering with the Cardio C. Or can I simply separate them by about an hour.

Thanks for all your hard work to produce this product.
Rich

Thanks for the report Rich.

I doubt there is any interaction between vitamin C/lysine and coffee.. We did learn that it is best taken before a meal. Over the years, people report that from experimentation, they have fewest nuisance difficulties if the take their high dose vitamin C and lysine around 20 minutes prior to a meal. This reduces any gas and bloating, etc.

Also avoid taking the therapy at the same time as high fiber - as the fiber may attach to the nutrients preventing them from being absorbed.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Can Coffee Interfere with Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine the

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:27 pm

5 Cups of coffee and V-C
Sounds like one of those "Hours of Energy Drink!!" To me.
They mix pure caffine and V-C in one shot!
Guess the only down side is when the caffine wears off???
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Ram

Post Number:#3  Post by Ram » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Another important point for we coffee lovers - a good shot of heavy whipping cream (fat) in your coffee helps avoid the insulin spike you get otherwise: assuming you are comfortable with thumbing your nose at the "cholesterol hypothesis" which I assume is the case for most members of this forum.
Ram
Just say no to statins

purposefirst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by purposefirst » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:14 pm

I used to drink 3-4 cups of coffee/day. The same day I was diagnosed with atherosclerosis and "multiple coronary ischemia" (9 months ago) I went home and had two cups of coffee. Within perhaps two hours I had severe angina come on with the pain starting to radiate down my left arm. I walked around and it mostly cleared up, but I think I was very close to a heart attack. (In fact, the cardiologist had just finished telling me that morning that I was "on the verge of having a heart attack.") I have not had a drop of coffee since then. In only 2 days of no coffee, plus radically changing my diet, I felt considerably better (still not good) and cancelled my hospital appointment for "either stents or possibly by-pass."

If I understand it correctly, caffeine initially causes the blood vessels to dilate (which I suppose is when we feel the coffee rush). But within a couple hours comes the let-down when the blood vessels to the other way and possibly constrict -- that's the danger. So I swore off coffee (just like I swore off cigarettes in 1990 and alcohol in 1988).

I'm treating my coronary problem with nutrition/supplements/exercise ONLY. So far I'm improving. (I'm 72.)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:43 am

Thanks for contributing... The $64,000 question...

How much vitamin C are you taking daily?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

purposefirst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by purposefirst » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:23 pm

ofonorow wrote:Thanks for contributing... The $64,000 question...

How much vitamin C are you taking daily?

Hi Owen,
I'm taking 12 gms/day (of high quality C from your Foundation -- including 2 scoops/day of Cardio-C) plus 2 gms of liposomal. I limited it to 12 gms because more causes too much gas. But I just learned from this site that taking the C an hour before each meal may reduce the tendency to form gas, so I am trying that starting today!

I want to say how much I appreciate the Vitamin C Foundation. You are providing a wonderful service!

purposefirst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by purposefirst » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:32 pm

Correction:
Now I see where I got the tip about taking the C before meals to reduce gas -- it was from you, Owen, above, and the time period is 20 minutes (not an hour). Thank you

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”