Blood pressure increase on liposomal vitamin C

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Blood pressure increase on liposomal vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:00 am

This from a Chiropractor in the UK. (Note that he has purchased Cardio-C, but not liposomal vitamin C from us.)

dear sir/madam
just a short note i have taken lyposomal c and cardio c for two months because i have atherosclerosis in my cerebrum. Every where else seems clear. not sure why it specifically happened there. it is bilateral at a flexure in the artery 30% blochage on one side and 40% on the other.

i have been taking regular vitamin c about a 1-2 gram daily for 5 years prior to this recent regime.

6 years ago i had a stroke following the use of blood pressure medication i think my blood pressure was lowered too quickly. The blood pressure had damaged my kidneys and i was close to dialysis . This has slowly recovered and my gfr has reached about 52% from its original 28 with herbs and drugs .

After taking lyposomal C my blood pressure went up from 140/80 to 180/100. All side effect from the drugs disappeared . i assume my liver break down of the drugs has increased to the point that they where ineffective and have had to stop taking lyposomal c . My blood pressure is falling again . i am taking amlodipine a calcium channel blocker and amias or candersarten. i think for saftey reasons you should print information on the packeging to warn people that the use should be limited . It does seem that you need to be well enough to take the vitamin c at this level of absorbtion.

i would still like a protocol for using it to reduce atherosclerosis with out affecting my blood pressure drugs. I am sure the only way to get better in the long run is to treat the atherosclerosis and not the blood pressure. But i could not allow my blood pressure to rise this amount with out damage to my kidney.

Your comments would be appreciated.

regards

Can you tell us more about the liposomal C? (I note that you have purchased Cardio-C from us, but I do not see any purchase of our liposomal vitamin C in your records.)

When we are talking about the brain, we face the problem of the blood-brain barrier. Atherosclerosis of the brain requires nutrients or factors that can pass the barrier.

My guess is that you have an high requirement for vitamin C, perhaps more than 10,000 mg daily, which you should try to take as ordinary vitamin C.

I hope johnwen posts a response.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Blood pressure increase on liposomal vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:10 pm

HI OWEN

I BROUGHT SOME ALTRIANT C WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN THE UK.
YOU MENTIONED THAT I CAN TAKE 1O GRAMS OF REGULAR VIT C I ASSUME YOU MEAN THAT I CAN TAKE THE CARDIO C ?
AS IT DOES'NT CROSS THE BRAIN/BLOOD BARRIER IN THE SAME WAY AS LYPOSOMAL C.
I ASSUMED PERHAPS WRONGLY THAT THE INCREASED BP WAS TO DO WITH THE BREAK DOWN OF DRUGS IN THE LIVER .

REGARDS
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:43 pm

First, “flexure,” means Curve. The carotid arteries do a lot of this in their journey. A good question would be is it “normal,” expected to be there or “abnormal,” result of insult? Since this is unknown it would be hard to really come up with a cause. Along with the effect the stroke had on the circle of weiss.

But I believe after reading this, what is going on here is a result of dental toxicosis. Ie. Root canals, amalgams, etc.
I would be interested to know if he had any dental procedure done six years ago prior (within 6 months) to that incident of the stroke and if he any done recently?

The external carotid artery feeds directly into the oral area and it’s not unheard of heavy metals moving both upstream and down stream in arteries.
This and the effect it had on his kidneys threw a red flag up to me. That there is more going on here then just BP meds or V-C reactions. I believe what is going on with the V-C is a detox reaction.

As far as the Warning Label I would agree if it read:

Vitamin C can and will, Prevent or CURE many diseases without side effects. Which would result in lower profits and Higher prices on Big Pharma’s useless, symptom only, temporary acting Drugs! Beware also that since it can also cause a Cure to most diseases and the word CURE has been banned from the medical industry for more then twenty years. It may cause edema to the persons taking it, Wallet. The contents of their Wallet should be removed by a skilled physician or pharmacist. Doing so themselves may result in a serious disease called “Healthy” which can be corrected at most medical institutions.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#4  Post by davids1 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:24 am

Johnwen wrote:As far as the Warning Label I would agree if it read:

Vitamin C can and will, Prevent or CURE many diseases without side effects. Which would result in lower profits and Higher prices on Big Pharma’s useless, symptom only, temporary acting Drugs! Beware also that since it can also cause a Cure to most diseases and the word CURE has been banned from the medical industry for more then twenty years. It may cause edema to the persons taking it, Wallet. The contents of their Wallet should be removed by a skilled physician or pharmacist. Doing so themselves may result in a serious disease called “Healthy” which can be corrected at most medical institutions.
You go, John!
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm going to see whether we can put that warning label on our jars!!! Creative!

Interesting idea that the correspondent is suffering a detox reaction.

dear owen.

http://www.abundanceandhealth.co.uk/default.aspx
this is the link
but i understand it is manufactured in usa .it has a soya derivative .
this is a sales point based in ireland.
i have also written an email to them i have had no response .
it is manufactured by livon laborartries inc.in the usa
i have searched the site above for any info the only thing i have seen is a warning if you take warferin the anti coagulant.
it about halfs the effects of this drug from my mother exsperience her warferin levels in her blood dropped by 50% in two months and resulted in an increased dosage prescription.
there is no warning on the box
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Johnwen » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:15 pm

From my experience with different forms of V-C and Warfarin I have seen none. There have been some scant studies from a few year back that tried to show a reaction but at best they were rated as, “Inconclusive.”
In fact alcohol has a much greater reaction with Warfarin then most supplements available have. I haven’t seen any place were they want to put warning labels on any alcoholic beverages. Why should they?? Why should supplements have warning labels??

First of all it is the Drug manufactures, distributors and Physicians who prescribe the drugs, responsibility to inform and guide the patient to what reacts with the drugs they are giving them. This includes foods and drinks!

When a person is placed on Warfarin they are given both Oral and written instructions as to the do’s and don’ts and are usually assigned to a tech who will work with the person to assure they are receiving the proper dosages and testing. If the person does not follow the specific guidelines by changing Meds, Supps, Foods, etc. or quantity of such during treatment or not submitting to testing, it is spelled out very exactly what the consequences can and will be.

So yes! Changing ANYTHING while on these blood thinners will change the results of their test and dose adjustment will be necessary. This is all well spelled out on the information given to the patient. As far as putting labels on Foods, Supplements or Beverages would not be related to where the initial responsibility is and that is with the DRUG that is subjecting the person to the reaction. Since they would be the Super Minority of the people who consume Foods, Supplements or Beverages on a daily bases.

So this person instead of looking for warnings on Foods, Supplements or Beverages should be spending their time reading the warnings on the drugs their taking. Which is apparent they haven’t done YET!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by davids1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:46 am

ofonorow wrote:I'm going to see whether we can put that warning label on our jars!!! Creative!
You go, Owen!
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:45 pm

bhi owen
none the wiser. the blockage is on an artery coming off the circle of willis.

the middle cerebral artery i think , the scan showed a blockage both sides of the dimensions mentioned.30% L & 40% R.

the stroke was on the right side of the brain affecting the left side of my body.
i believe the ruduced flow made this potentially the most likely site
i also lost the use of one vocal cord which affects swallowing.
i was suffering malignant hypertension possibly for a decade prior to this and bp meds.
and this is probrably the trauma
the whole process started with a reduced potassium level induced by a diuretic.
i only took it for a few months i had swollen ankles which can be a symptom of low potassium any way .
it took three years to get the blood level to normal.with diet alone once discovered

back to the rant which i believe is the thinking of an evangalist i will accept only the idea that it is the body detoxing.
how ever unless you can offer some way of keeping my blood pressure down so that i dont injure my kidneys some more there is little point taking more lyposomal c

does the regular vitamin c have the same effect or can i take it with out agravating the blood pressure/kidney.?

if i continue to take lyposomal c will it eventually stop elevating my blood pressure?

i think that i would be wary of taking a large dose such as 10,000mg which would raise my blood levels by the same amount as 1 gram of lyposomal c
i have taken 3 scoops of cardio c for two days i will see if my blood pressure is affected in a week
how long would i need to take lyposomal c if dr wenchs advice is right to exsperience a fall in bp.
i think i am not well enough to ignore my kidney function.
even if there is a cure at the end of the vitamin c rainbow?
your comment would be appreciated

As yours is the first report we have seen that "liposomal vitamin C" elevates blood pressure, there is no way to predict what may happen in your case. Standard natural ways to lower blood pressure include magnesium, vitamin B6, arginine and I would add vitamin k2 (to move the calcium out of the arteries.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”