Bypass, taking zetia and plavix, will cardio-c help?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Bypass, taking zetia and plavix, will cardio-c help?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks.
By the way, how many scoope should i be taking per day ? I have 3x cabg 4 months ago. Lad 60 to 70 percent block n calcium score of 450. Can i clear my blockage with this cardio c? I m onn75mg plavix and zetia. Last 2 month on statin but stop due to raise alt in liver. Try another one but also guve me side effect such as fatigue, dizzness, etc.
Do u think cardio c can help with the clearing of blockage?
Please advise

Since you just had a heart bypass, we usually recommend avoiding proline - and just taking vitamin C and lysine. (We don't know if there are issues, but we believe that Lp(a) makes the veins used in the bypass stronger.)

Otherwise, given the drugs you are taking... Not an easy question (from my book - both plavix (super aspirin) and zetia (combo drug) had multiple clinical trials that were STOPPED early because the placebo group was faring better than the drug group! (I'm pretty sure no drug rep told your doctor about this.)

With a calcium score of 450 you also should be taking vitamin K (esp. K2)

But yes, vitamin C and lysine should do more than those drugs for your condition.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Bypass, taking zetia and plavix, will cardio-c help?

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:56 pm

I’m curious if they used a saphenous vein or a mammary artery to do the bypass?
If you have a long scar along the inside of your leg then they used the vein for all or some of the bypass’s.
If not then they used the artery. Which is what most surgeons are using for good reason lately.

If it’s confirmed that they used a vein in the bypass then what Owen said and after about 9month’s to a year you’ll need to get your nitric oxide levels up.
Arginine, citrulline, Policosinol are good supplements for this purpose.
The purpose of this is to slow or stop what is known as Neo-intimal hyperplasia. Which is the clogging of the bypass vein graft at the junctions.

If they did a arterial grafting then you should be on full Pauling therapy right now.

Here’s a couple of my previous post’s that will help explain this a little better.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9097&p=25905&hilit=nitric#p25905

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11246&p=35636&hilit=nitric#p35636
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by sean » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:53 pm

The surgeon use both the vein and artery for my bypass. Vein from my left arm not my leg and two mammary artery .
I have this dizzness n back headace 1.5 month after my operation, around early aug 2014. At the same time, i was put on a new statin (80mg lesco). The dizness get worst n when i complain to my dr, he put me on alternate day dozing and to see a psychiatrist for my dizness. I went for a few rounds od alt day dozing with a 40mg dosage n stop as i cant tolerate thecside effect. It makes me very tired n i was like a walking zombie. I start the zetia in early sept 2014.
The dizzness did not go away n i have book an appointment to see a psychiatrist in mid oct 2014. I am worried that my graft will get clogged again. I stop smoking since 4months ago, wanted to take statin to reduce my risk(as what the dr claim) but it seem that i cant tolerate statin. The dr here is not very adventure as to try any other alternative as they claim it is not the main stream therapy. I cannot find any ecp or chelation therapy here. I m really fearful .....
I start to take cardio c last week. Although i get it 2months ago, i only take a few days n when it becomes harden, i just leave it until last week, i decide to take a scope. My dizzness subsided , i would not say cure but it improve. I feel much lighter now, head is not as heavy. But the syptom comes back after a few days. Can u explain if it is the vitamin c that is doing the trick?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Over the years, people on a myriad of medications for their heart disease, found that taking vitamin C and lysine indeed "did the trick." So from your minimal experiment, I'd say your body appreciated the vitamin C (which is normally in very short supply) and I would heed Linus Pauling's advice and not stop the vitamin C supplementation "even for a single day."
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by sean » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Owen,
Thanks for the reply.
Since i just have my bypass, should i stop cardio c since it had proline and go for only vit c n lysine?

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#6  Post by sean » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Owen,
Just realised today i have mutiple plaque in common carotid artery, can cardio c dislodge these plaque?dr is not suggesting any further treatment only statin to stablise the plaque.
please advise.
sean

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Our safety caution regarding proline is based only on logic, little else. If you have arteries used in the bypasses, there should be no problem with the added proline which we believe lowers Lp(a). For absolute safety (i.e., to not lower Lp(a) too soon in the hopes it will support the bypass ) yes, consider a product such as Tower CardioAde which is just vitamin C and lysine (plus Stevia).

My uncle was able to clear an estimated 70% carotid blockage in one month on vitamin C and lysine (only) and at about half Pauling's recommended dosage. He was given 5 pills daily (not 5 grams of each daily.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#8  Post by sean » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Owen/johnwen
Thanks for tHe reply.
Is plaque in common carotids artery soft? Can it be dislodge easily?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by ofonorow » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:24 pm

The softer it is the quicker the pauling therapy (sans vitamin K) can resolve it.

We had an interesting testimonial by James Brumfield http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11524

He pointed out that his brother, after a 4-way bypass, has had no more heart problems taking Cardio-C - which includes proline, so perhaps our caution is not warranted about avoiding proline.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#10  Post by sean » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:25 am

Owen
May i know what type of vitamin k and the dosage is needed to clear plaque that is hard n clarified.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:40 pm

First, I am disappointed. The Life Extension article on vitamin K that caught my attention from the February edition of the Year 2000 magazine is apparently no longer on the Life Extension web site.

Big Sigh.

Here is an early one and you might search for vitamin K at lef.org under the magazine section for a host of articles.
http://www.lef.org//Magazine/2004/3/aas ... itamin%20K

Dr. Levy has an extensive discussion of vitamin K and dosages in his recent book DEATH BY CALCIUM.

Anecodtally, 1 LEF.ORG super-K per day seems to have worked for me and my wife (we posted her zero calcium scores off our main page.)

Added - found it
. http://www.lef.org/Magazine/2000/2/report/Page-01
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#12  Post by sean » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Will vit.k interact with plavix (clopidogrel)?by the way, the zetia i m taking is ezetimbe (not statin)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:00 am

This from another recent post by our resident cardiologist :)

johnwen wrote:Simple answer! YES!!

Here's all you ever need to know about this.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11505
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”