Writing in Despair - medicated stent

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Writing in Despair - medicated stent

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:54 am

Hi Owen,

I am writing again to you, this time in despair.

Over the past 7 weeks i have been taking Cardio C, almost 20,000 mg daily.
In addition i have been taking Rutin 1500mg daily and Solgar's Liquid Vitamin E 200mg daily. Also Nattovena a potent fibrinolytic nattokinase enzyme, 8,000 FU's daily.

During this time my angina problems have worsened to the extend that i have chest and throat pain after walking less than 100 yards.

I am thinking of visiting my cardiologist, although i can suspect what he will suggest.
Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks,

N.

I gained an appreciation for the heart by-pass operation after reading Dr. Thomas Levy's book STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER. This operation has saved thousands of lives, maybe millions. While the Levy book is aimed at doctors, cardiologists really, it explains why sometimes there is really no other choice.

Obviously it is better if you can avoid the surgery, and more details about your supplements and medications would help.

20,000 mg of Cardio-C. Since there are 5500 per serving, you are taking about 4 servings per day, or about 10,000 mg each of vitamin C and lysine. Are you having any bowel problems at that dosage? Gas or diarrhea?

I have no knowledge of why you would be taking rutin or the enzyme, or how they might react with the basic therapy. (I know that early on, a person who was also taking high fiber with vitamin C and lysine reported not having results. We talked and speculated that the fiber might be clinging to and thus reducing the bioavailability of either vitamin C or lysine So he started taking his fiber away from the Cardio-C - and ouila! It started working beautifully.

Better supplements for you condition include vitamin K, and magnesium and depending greatly on age and medications, CoQ10, etc.

Rereading your first message - a medicated stent! Oh boy.. The unfortunate idea behind the "medication" in these stents is to stop restenosis - the fast regrowth of plaque. According to the Pauling/Rath theory, Lp(a) based plaques are a "healing process", an adaption in the face of low vitamin C, and thus low collagen. These stents are therefore preventing your body from healing and I don't know how to over come them, other than surgical removal? I would try more vitamin C and more vitamin E, etc.

I have a question. Four years ago i had a medicated stent fitted. Recently i have been been feeling mild angina symptoms returning so i have started the Pauling protocol. My lpa and cholesterol have been always high. The question is, does Pauling's therapy help in my case? Is there anything else to do?

​All are clues that you need more vitamin C than the average heart patient, at least 10,000 mg daily - maybe more. Plaque regrows in stents and high lp(a) requires higher doses of the "lp(a) binding inhibitors" - i.e. lysine and proline. Everything else is secondary, but you should be taking
Vitamin E
CoQ10
Magnesium, etc
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Writing in Despair - medicated stent

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 am

I used to take 10,000 mg Cardio C but then read Pauling's view that the best way to establish one's need is to increase the dose to the point of diarrhea then reduce slightly and divide this amount to several daily doses.
In my case diarrhea happened at 23 to 25 Grms so i am taking 20 Grms divided into 8 doses.

No, i do not experience diarrhea, perhaps a little gas.

Note. Bowel Tolerance is a good idea, and is with respect to vitamin C (and not lysine, proline). Given your situation I would augment perhaps 2 or 3 servings of Cardio-C (or Tower CardioADE) with bowel tolerance of a vitamin C powder.

Rutin is taken to assist with Vitamin C assimilation.

We have been doing this a long time and not aware of this. (I feel if true, Pauling would have mentioned this, etc.) Do you have any references?

Nattokinase is not a fiber but a fibrin dissolving enzyme that helps with breaking down fibrin, one of the building blocks of plague. It is also a high source of vitamin K2.

Thanks for posting my email,

Regards,

N.

Take your word that it is a "high source" of K2, but your problem is that the medication in your stent is preventing your surrounding tissue from "healing" so anything that interferes with the artery trying to heal itself, e.g. blocking fibrogin, might not be the right thing to do. (The fiber story was to point out that you should probably take Vitamin C and lysine alone. People find that 20 minutes prior to a meal is best.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Writing in Despair - medicated stent

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:55 am

Four years ago i had a medicated stent fitted. Recently i have been been feeling mild angina symptoms returning.

This sounds about right! DES’s (Drug Eluding Stent’s) Have an effective life of about 3-5 years. After that their no better then a bare metal stent with all the problems associated with them. (restenosis)!!

OWEN said:
These stents are therefore preventing your body from healing and I don't know how to over come them, other than surgical removal?

NOPE! Once a stent is implanted it’s there for the duration and cannot at this time and probably in the future, CANNOT be surgically removed!
Next step is By-pass!

Nattokinase is used as a blood thinner it breaks down fibrin which then keeps the blood from clotting effectively.

In addition to the LP(a) has your doc ever done or considered the following tests??
CRP, Homocysteine, Fibrinogen, Insulin, Lipase???

He said his cholesterol is high and has been for awhile which would lead me to believe one of the above is also out of whack!

If not just stay the course with Pauling therapy but remember it’s not a drug that works in a short period of time with all the consequences but gives the body what it needs to heal itself. If you had this problem for some time it’s going to take awhile to heal it because the body has been dealing with it all along. If it’s a sudden onset your arming the body with what it needs to fight this new battle. Then the results will be rapid. So at seven weeks your giving the body what it needs to straighten things out but now it has to rearrange what has been messed up for more then 4 years.
Prevention is always the key!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”