Gallstones - obstacle to Pauling cardio-therapy?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Gallstones - obstacle to Pauling cardio-therapy?

Post Number:#1  Post by Robaltap » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Hello,

During the pretty good start with Pauling therapy for my grandmother (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11458) recently we ran into one quite puzzling dilemma - it turned out that she has the gallstone in the gallbladder & now doctors say that because of her age (she's 83) she should not take any drugs (and therefore supplements) that can start to dissolve the stone since it can start to move or broke into smaller ones and in the end even block the choledochus wich can be fixed surgically in case of younger persons, but not so good idea for someone in her age & so it can be very dangerous & even life-threatening situation. So now we puzzled about her intake of vitamin C (1,5-2 tsp a day) since as we know it can start to dissolve the gallstones... Has anyone here had such cases with someone in the same age following the Pauling therapy & at the same time having the gallstone(s)? Is it really so dangerous & isn't the giving-up of vitamin C can be more dangerous in cases of such heart problems?
Thank you.

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Gallstones - obstacle to Pauling cardio-therapy?

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:40 am

Unfortunately I dont have much to add but the logic you stated below seems to escape me. I would think they would want the stones dissolved and broken down.

I never thought I had galbladder issues however, going back a few years I was developing occasional intense pain in my abdomen. It made it difficult to sleep or find a comfortable position nut generally only lasted a few hours and would pass. When I brought it up to a doc he blew me off.

I started a very intense and complete supplement regimen a little over a year ago and low and behold the ab pain stopped by and large with only one small instance.....That was until last week.

I once again got the familiar pain and pressure but more pronounced than previously. I waited for it to pass but after a night of no sleep it didnt pass. I took some stool softeners and other items looking for relief against the pressure but it just didnt subside so went to the doc. He sent me immediately down to the ER. Long store short, 102 temp, ultrasound and it was determined I had an infection and galbladder was recommended to be removed. Had I acted sooner I may have just tried antibiotics however since I had let it go a couple days and had a history of the pain which I know know to be galbladder related I opted to have it removed and it was a good thing because it had become necrotic. 2 days in the hospital and an incredible amount of pain. Im in pretty good health and it was very hard on me, I cant imagine having to go through it at age 83.

That being said im a bit puzzled, if they identified a stone in the galbladder, why they think that it wouldnt sooner or later move, even without drugs or supplements?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:29 am

Here's everything you ever wanted to know about Gallstones and maybe somethings you didn't!! :shock:

It's a PDF File.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK258747/pdf/TOC.pdf
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Robaltap
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Robaltap » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:29 am

Exitium, Johnwen thank you very much! I'll read the PDF. Sorry, couldn't see your posts earlier.

exitium wrote:That being said im a bit puzzled, if they identified a stone in the galbladder, why they think that it wouldnt sooner or later move, even without drugs or supplements?

They said that if she takes anything that can dissolve the stone (& start to move it), then she should take it with caution. So I thought that since we know that vitamin C can dissolve it, then it should be taken with caution too, wich puzzled me since it is one of the main supplements that is being taken to beat my grandmother's heart issues. :?
(I don't know why they think it wouldn't move just by itself, all they said is that there are a lot of people that lived a long life with gallstones in gallbladder without serious pain or something similar. I don't know if it's true or not.)

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”