High Calcium Score on Pauling/Therapy

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

High Calcium Score on Pauling/Therapy

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:58 am

Not sure if I already posted earlier emails. This today.

Hi Owen,

Doc visit went ok. Really wanted to see a bigger drop in my calcium score, but will continue to make the right changes for the best results!!!

Quick question: does the Cardio-C protocol work from the inside out or at the same time? I had a calcium score of 257 and 50-70% blockage. I am only down 3 points to a calcium score of 254, but am curious how much internal blockage may have been eliminated if at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sorry I don't understand the inside out question.

In our experience, calcium scores are not generally indicative of either blockage, nor are they affected much (at all) by vitamin C/lysine. Calcium scores seem to be correlated to arterial stiffness (and thus blood pressure). I'll link to the story that describes how we found this out.
http://vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11444
Scroll down to my first post (in blue) where I discuss the Trade Show/Cardio-Vision tests.

The answer for calcium build-up is vitamin K. My wife and I use one Super-K daily (LEF.ORG) and we posted her calcium scores on our main vitamincfoundation.org page - because they were zero! She was around age 61 at the time.

Unfortunately Life Extension has removed/moved the 2000 magazine article where I first found out about vitamin K's hormone-like property to move calcium from soft tissue into bone.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

blade

Re: High Calcium Score on Pauling/Therapy

Post Number:#2  Post by blade » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:32 pm

ofonorow wrote:Not sure if I already posted earlier emails. This today.

In our experience, calcium scores are not generally indicative of either blockage, nor are they affected much (at all) by vitamin C/lysine. Calcium scores seem to be correlated to arterial stiffness (and thus blood pressure). I'll link to the story that describes how we found this out.
http://vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11444
Scroll down to my first post (in blue) where I discuss the Trade Show/Cardio-Vision tests.

I thought PT helped with arterial stiffness. Is there a way to decrease arterial stiffness?

Just add in vit K? how much?
I eat a lot of spinach/broccoli
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... t&dbid=112
but not enough to get 5+ grams vit C, so do I need to add in vit K or can I get enough from food?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Apparently - no one is studying this - from Dr. Bush's retinal photography, plaque starts out as white "ahteromas" that begin to form like a scab on the artery.

These atheromas are easy to dissolve using vitamin C and other nutrients - at least in the eye.

Over time, they may or may not accumulate calcium, used to be called arteriosclerosis, and in our experience the only way to resolve calcified (or stiff) arteries is to add vitamin K e.g. Super-K pill from LEF.ORG to the regimen.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

blade

Post Number:#4  Post by blade » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:26 am

ofonorow wrote:Apparently - no one is studying this - from Dr. Bush's retinal photography, plaque starts out as white "ahteromas" that begin to form like a scab on the artery.

These atheromas are easy to dissolve using vitamin C and other nutrients - at least in the eye.

Over time, they may or may not accumulate calcium, used to be called arteriosclerosis, and in our experience the only way to resolve calcified (or stiff) arteries is to add vitamin K e.g. Super-K pill from LEF.ORG to the regimen.

I am starting this year on a program to clean my arteries.
Is there a way to measure stiffness/arteriosclerosis?
I am both going to eat lots of spinach/broccoli and take 2 Super-K pills and I am curious how to measure my progress.
THanks

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:36 pm

If you find a good way - let us know.

There used to be a combination blood pressure machine/laptop called CardioVision that measured arterial stiffness with a series of rapid blood pressure measurements. I have no idea whether this machine is currently available. (It was the test that led us to our personal discovery of the importance of vitamin K in reducing arterial stiffness.)

Apparently, ultrasounds are so good these days that plaques - and their disappearance - can be accurately monitored. There have even been suggestions that we offer ultrasound machines so that our customers can "prove" the benefit of Pauling's therapy.

Perhaps the answer is to design a study around a practice who is willing to use ultrasound for this purpose?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

purposefirst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by purposefirst » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:49 am

To blade,
Check out my comment on the "Good book on vitamin K" thread.

blade

Post Number:#7  Post by blade » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:35 pm

ofonorow wrote:If you find a good way - let us know.

There used to be a combination blood pressure machine/laptop called CardioVision that measured arterial stiffness with a series of rapid blood pressure measurements. I have no idea whether this machine is currently available. (It was the test that led us to our personal discovery of the importance of vitamin K in reducing arterial stiffness.)

Apparently, ultrasounds are so good these days that plaques - and their disappearance - can be accurately monitored. There have even been suggestions that we offer ultrasound machines so that our customers can "prove" the benefit of Pauling's therapy.

Perhaps the answer is to design a study around a practice who is willing to use ultrasound for this purpose?

My mom got an x-ray that showed her carotid and the radiologist noted that there was a small plaque.
so can x-rays show plaques and progress of PT?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:34 am

Docs? I think of Calcium showing up under x-ray. So if the plaque is without calcium, I doubt it.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

blade

Post Number:#9  Post by blade » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:20 am

ofonorow wrote:Docs? I think of Calcium showing up under x-ray. So if the plaque is without calcium, I doubt it.

I thought plaques always had calcium?
Plaque that accumulates on the inner walls of your arteries is made from various substances that circulate in your blood. These include calcium, fat, cholesterol, cellular waste, and fibrin, a material involved in blood clotting.

My mom stopped taking calcium pills and I gave her some of my vit C/lysine.
and we discussed how the recent years(5) of her eating a high veggies/fruit diet that she has had few colds/flu, which might be due to her 60lb weight loss and eating more VitC in her diet.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:32 am

johnwen?

It is my understanding that the amount of calcium used to patch the holes (lesions) in the artery that are caused by the mechanical stress of the heart beat is a function of the amount of vitamin K.

And I believe that you can have "blockages" or narrowing that do not have much calcium. But I defer to the experience of johnwen on this one.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”