Acid reflux

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Acid reflux

Post Number:#1  Post by sean » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Owen,
Need your advise
Have been experiencing acid reflux upon taking vvit c / lyine 2500mg. Try taking after food but reflux keeps coming .

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Acid reflux

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:18 pm

First thing, do what Linus Pauling himself did - add sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to reduce some of the acidity.

The problem isn't the stomach which is used to high acids, its the bottom of the throat or esophagus which isn't designed for acids.

Here is a post on what GERD or Acid Reflux is and how I cured it.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11177
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

sean
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by sean » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:07 pm

I am using virgin coconuts oil for treating my acid reflux. So far had been positive. The reflux has not return except for yesterday when i haVe too much dark chocolate bar. I use 1 tablespoon after meal. 2 times daily. I dont know if this is a solution in long term , anyone has any experience with cocoNut oil for acid reflux?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:47 am

Have they had their blood levels of the pancreatic enzymes amylase and lipase checked. This plus a CBC would be the starting place. GERD can be caused by dehydration and or anemia or if your glucose levels are high. This all points the finger at the pancreas and further investigation is needed and one or both of the following test’s would be called for.

This next two are rather Unpleasant (to say the least!) test to check out the pancreas. Both involve a endoscope and dye and a shot or two but since most cases of GERD start from some problem with the pancreas they could possibly find a way to fix rather then mask the problem!

First on the ugh list is!
Secretin Stimulation Test (SST) Briefly! Secretin is released by the pancreas to help neutralize the stomach acid in the intestines if there’s too much acid the intestines clamp off and you get a back up!

Then there’s this GEM!
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Hope I spelled it right most doc’s would look at you with a weird look if you said this to them and their the one’s doing the ERCP test. This one looks for gall stones in the common bile duct. Of course they can also be spotted by echo or cat scan which might be a better option in this case. The problem is some of the buggers can hide from the picture test’s. Same as above not enough neutralizer’s caused by a blockage, causing a back up!

Of course there’s the, “problem maskers,” that raise the ph of the stomach acid which is usually the first line tried but without the proper levels of acid, the stomach isn’t doing it’s job of breaking down what it’s presented with! However some times giving things a rest, brings things back in line.

Hope this gives you a better idea of what some of the causes of GERD are. However I would give Owen’s Rec’s first a try, if not it’s time to see the GI Doc!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”