Questions about Lp (a)

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

blade

Re: Questions about Lp (a)

Post by blade » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Do people with CAD have high levels of vitamin C?
although I might not get my LpA to ~3mg/dl, if I take 10,000 mg, vitC or ~100gram\kg my body weight, arent I reversing heart disease?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Questions for Johnwen re LDL Particle Number

Post by ofonorow » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:40 am

leshoward wrote:Johnwen: Basic question re Lipid profile..Per NMR:
In 6 mos:
LDL-P went from 1285 to 1728
Tot Chol went to 220 from 204
Trigs went to 84 from 75

Would the increase in my Trigs(75 to 84) explain the rather big increase in LDL Particle number?
Thanks!

I think this post may be lost in this thread so here it is again.
I leave LDL-P to johnwen?
Total Chol indicates that your level of vitamin C intake is low, sub optimal in your individual case.
Trigs seem very good/low to me - both scores.

To Blade, it is very difficult to understand a question whether people with CAD have high levels of vitamin C? The answer is that almost no one these days has high levels of vitamin C - other than people at this forum. And heart disease is the major cause of death.

In our view, supported by research at Harvard and elsewhere, even taking a little bit of vitamin C reduces the risk of mortality from CVD.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

blade

Re: Questions for Johnwen re LDL Particle Number

Post by blade » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:42 am

ofonorow wrote:To Blade, it is very difficult to understand a question whether people with CAD have high levels of vitamin C? The answer is that almost no one these days has high levels of vitamin C - other than people at this forum. And heart disease is the major cause of death.

In our view, supported by research at Harvard and elsewhere, even taking a little bit of vitamin C reduces the risk of mortality from CVD.[/color][/b]

I am amazed by the relation of heart disease and lack of vitamin C
I see so many studies/abstracts now talking about how Vit C is better than statins, how some vit C reduces CAD
I have a 5kg container of Vit C, and I'm returning a 2.5kg Calcium Ascorbate
I had 3 bags of Calcium Ascorbate , I used two, unaware it was just too much calcium,but I can only go foward

I just bought another Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 5kg Tub for my parents,.
Hopefully this will reduce my dad's A-fib, and help both parents be healthier. '

I mentioned before, but my mom has always easily bruised, and always had some bruise on her, she started eating more fruit/green plants and taking vitC and has no bruises.... is this because she was taking more VitC? she also has an HDL of 85...highest ever for me.....could this be because of VitC?

I am reminded of my family's GP, who doesnt seem to understand phyisiology of dieting
-after being on atkins(no carbS) for a month and droppig 28lbs, he started eating carbs again and promptedly gained 15lbs and said atkins didnt work
--basic phyisiology tells you glycogen/carbs, holds water, no carbs, no water, you lose water weight. adding carbs means you add water weights

He also put my Dad on TRT, with no blood test to determine low T....

Bottom Line is you have to watch out for yourself, even with MDs--they don't know everything

I am looking forward to getting my LpA tested after I finish losing this weight by may

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Questions about Lp (a)

Post by Johnwen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:00 am

Johnwen: Basic question re Lipid profile..Per NMR:
In 6 mos:
LDL-P went from 1285 to 1728
Tot Chol went to 220 from 204
Trigs went to 84 from 75

Would the increase in my Trigs(75 to 84) explain the rather big increase in LDL Particle number?
Thanks!

Before I could comment on his increases I would like to know what his ldl-c level is to see if there is a discordance here!
Sometime a rise like this is a normal reaction where the liver is actually producing larger so called less harmful LDL (gag) :mrgreen: !

In the mean time watch your sugar and carb's intake and try lowering them also any kind of extra sugar intake (soda,candy bars,etc.) Best is small amounts spread over the day to keep sugar levels even and eliminate spikes! Remember INSULIN going back to the liver is the controlling factor in cholesterol production!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”