Is PT recommended for those with ByPass

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Saw
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Is PT recommended for those with ByPass

Post Number:#1  Post by Saw » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:01 pm

I seem to recall this coming up before, something about no proline maybe?
Is it ok for some who has had a bypass to take the full protocol (Lysine,Proline,C)?
thanks
Even a Blind Squirrel makes his own vitamin C.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Is PT recommended for those with ByPass

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:08 am

Thank you. This is a good place to focus this information, what we think we know without any one or group actually studying this.

The answer is yes, especially vitamin C and lysine, which are required for life, lysine in daily gram amounts. (Especially if the patient wants to avoid the plaque rapidly regrowing after the surgery (this "healing" process (our term) is called restinosis by cardiologists.)

The only issue was something I personally worried about from the understanding of the Pauling/Rath unified theory, and the findings that high proline literally "turns off" Lp(a). Might a new bypass patient be harmed by too much proline?

In Pauling's view, atherosclerosis is a healing process to strengthen weak arteries suffering from chronic scurvy (primarily a vitamin C deficiency). The body has evolved to produce Lp(a) which, in their view, acts as a surrogate to vitamin C/collagen, as it plaster casts the weak or damaged places in the artery (else we'd bleed out).

By pass surgery has been done for years on people who have high Lp(a) and there is a chance that the molecule has been assisting the leg veins integrity when moved near the heart (and heart beat). If proline does work to reduce the body's supply of the Lp(a) patching molecule, might that be "bad", especially for a new bypass? I don't know.

But over the years we are receiving more and more reports of people having success after their bypass surgeries - with vitamin C, lysine and proline (e.g. Cardio-C or HeartTechnology). I am no longer concerned about this hypothetical, but for caution, if a person is worried, they might not take massive amounts of proline for up to six months after an bypass. They should definitely take Bowel Tolerance dosages of vitamin C (at least 10,000 mg daily) and 5000 to 6000 lysine.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”