vit K

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

blade

vit K

Post Number:#1  Post by blade » Mon May 11, 2015 3:45 am

Im not sure where to put this
Im taking 1 or 2 SUPER K pills a day, in addition to my spinach/broccoli(because I was told the super B pills(life extenstion) have more K2 than anywhere else,
so why does PAULINGS book "how to live longer and feel better" not recommend Vit K?(pg11)

Dr Levy's book also does not even mention it

I thought VitK was useful to control calcium/bone health and help keep calcium out of the arteries

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: vit K

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon May 18, 2015 11:39 am

Excellent point and good question.

First, Dr. Levy devotes considerable attention to Vitamin K in one of his latest books, DEATH BY CALCIUM.

The answer w/r to Linus Pauling is probably that when Pauling's book was published in 1986 , most of the work showing how valuable vitamin K is regarding calcium and soft tissues had been done mostly in Japan, and may not have been done, translated and probably not yet known by Pauling.

We only learned about the importance of vitamin K from this Life Extension Magazine article in the year 2000 http://www.lef.org/Magazine/2000/2/report/Page-01. (You will note looking at all the references that only 3 or 4 were prior to 1986, and these were general )

I think the reason Pauling did not recommend either vitamin K or vitamin D, both apparent mistakes we now know, may have to do with availability.
By "availability" I mean that we can make vitamin D on our skin from sun light (although not in the Northern latitudes) and our intestinal gut flora makes some vitamin K.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

blade

Re: vit K

Post Number:#3  Post by blade » Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 am

Owen, thanks for the insights!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”