Prone to aneurysms

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Prone to aneurysms

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 am

Long story short, I am prone to aneurysms due to a connective tissue issue. I’m 56 years old, no medications, and very active. I have had a major aneurysm 10 years ago, and I have one currently. I started with Cardio C a few months ago. I take 1 scoop twice a day. I was wondering if I should increase the dose, and/or supplement the dosage with extra Vitamin C. What say you?

Sincerely,

Greg

Hello Greg,

Barring some genetic issue that weakens your major arteries (other than the inability to make vitamin C) one would think that vitamin C is exactly what you lack and need to keep the blood vessels strong (Vitamin C does this through the production of collagen). I think all the components in Cardio-C should be beneficial.

How much vitamin C would you say you have been taking daily throughout your life?

1 serving per day of Cardio-C is the "preventive" dosage recommended by Linus Pauling. Given your issues, you may metabolize and require more.

Have you read this paper?

http://vitamincfoundation.org/pdfs/Vitamin_C_Dosage_in_Disease.pdf

(Linus Pauling sent me a copy in 1986, and I almost didn't read it. After I did read it, I increased my personal vitamin C intake from 3000 mg daily to 18,000 mg daily.

If you cannot take that much vitamin C orally (gas/diarrhea) , you might consider adding more vitamin C as the better absorbed liposomal vitamin C.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”