Diagnosed with aortic valve stenosis, AFIB and faces surgery

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Diagnosed with aortic valve stenosis, AFIB and faces surgery

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:50 am

I was just diagnosed with aortic valve stenosis.

I also have had atrial fibrillation for at least 11 years.

I am 71 years old, 5 feet 6 inches tall, and weigh 240 pounds.

Open heart surgery and TAVR/TAVI are the treatments that have been recommended to me, but I would like to
avoid surgery if at all possible.

Do you know of any nutritional or other non-surgical protocol that has been successfully used to reverse and/or stop the
progression of the narrowing of the valve?

Any protocol that will reverse calcification of the valve, or one which removes plaque from the arteries?

Finally, is there anyone in the world who uses stem cells to regrow the aortic valve?

Appreciatively,

Frank

Hello Frank,
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

It it were me, I would begin supplementing with the general Linus Pauling recommendations as outlined in Chapter 7 of our book, http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/

I would focus on vitamin K. Specifically Super-K from LEF.ORG. Vitamin K has a property to act like a hormone moving calcium from soft tissue into bones. Many drugs work by blocking vitamin K - leading to calcium buildups in soft tissue. Vitamin K may or may not help, but long ago I believe Dr. Levy was trying to determine if vitamin K could be effective for this issue. However, moving calcium apparently takes time. We first learned about the anti-calcium properties of vitamin K from the Life Extension Article. http://www.lef.org/Magazine/2000/2/report/Page-01

After three weeks, the amount of calcium in the aorta was measured. In the animals that didn't get the vitamins, calcium levels averaged 17.5 µ/mg. Vitamin K reduced the level of calcium in the aorta to approximately 1 µ/mg, and vitamin E reduced it even more. Valve damage from the heart attack diet was drastically reversed by vitamins K and E .

Another idea is to become a Life Extension Member and ask one of their advisers. I have been pleasantly surprised by their answers to such questions recently. If you do this, let us know what they tell you.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

exitium
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Diagnosed with aortic valve stenosis, AFIB and faces surgery

Post Number:#2  Post by exitium » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:14 am

I was diagnosed with afib a couple years ago, almost non existent now. Its what originally led me to pauling therapy but that was just the tip of the iceburg. So many nutrients play critical roles in nerve signalling and heart health. coq10, various B vits, various minerals like selenium, iodine, zinc, magnesium and the list goes on.

Getting your weight under control will help a great deal as well since it will lower stress on the heart. If you have problems with weight and eat fairly well thats just a further indication the iodine and selenium are likely lacking.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Diagnosed with aortic valve stenosis, AFIB and faces surgery

Post Number:#3  Post by Johnwen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:50 am

TAVR/TAVI???

Did your doc say if your in good enough shape to under go heart surgery?

These options are both catheter base valve replacement options that are usually reserved for those who are questionable on open heart surgery??

Did they do an ultra sound on you if SO? What was your AVA??

I posted quite a bit on this subject if you go to the search bar at the top part of the forum and type in “Aortic Valve” and go. You should get about 30 hits.
There you can find the good , bad and ugly parts of your condition!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”