70yo man on Pauling therapy dropped bp quickly

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

70yo man on Pauling therapy dropped bp quickly

Post Number:#1  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:06 am

I am doing the Paulin therapy on my 70 year old relative.
He had a systolic 170-180 (upper 170s) and a diastolic approx. 70. His pulse has been lying fine at around 70-80 when resting. All these measurements were gotten after he was resting.

I have bought the lysine, proline and c vitamin for him and he's taken it for a bit over a month. 1g proline a day, 3g lysine, 1-3g vitamin c (he had poor bowel tolerance, now takes glutamine which helps being able to take more vC)).
Here's the thing, his bp dropped rapidly within the first few weeks (around 3 week mark) but now it seems to be sitting at 140 systolic bp.
Does this systolic 140 not moving down to 120 as quickly as the 170-180 did to 140, imply that he may also have calcified arteries and may need k2, or is it normal for it to take months for a 10-20 points to drop? He is of course willing to take it for as long as it's required to drop it, it's not an issue. It's a matter of curiosity.

When he tried vitamin k2 (M7 Natto, long half-life) it gave him leg problems, swollen and tight legs (by calf area) for approx. a week. He has had tight leg issue (intermittent claudication?) for a very long time. He has since stopped the k2 due to a fear of further issues.

Here's his regiment:
Niacin (nicotinic acid) 500mg morning and night.
Acetyl-l-carnitine 1.5g every day.
Taurine 1-2g every day.
pregnenolone 25mg every day.
S-adenosylmethionine 400mg (that gets absorbed) every day, sometimes twice a day.
Fish oil (unknown dose, ed).
Ginger (unknown dose, ed, for knee issues).
L-glutamine 500mg and up until bowel issues are resolved, ed.
(He has tried l-arginine a few times but dropped it)
Recently have him alpha lipoic acid 100mg since I couldn't use it.

He has never used official heart medication, never had any surgeries related to arteries or heart.

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: 70yo man on Pauling therapy dropped bp quickly

Post Number:#2  Post by SonnyCrack » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:03 pm

It took me about 6-7 weeks for my BP to normalize. I was starting to lose a little faith and I'm only 41. Just checked my BP today and it was 102/68.. It's NEVER been anywhere close to that even on meds.

RatherBeUnknown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by RatherBeUnknown » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:59 pm

SonnyCrack wrote:It took me about 6-7 weeks for my BP to normalize. I was starting to lose a little faith and I'm only 41. Just checked my BP today and it was 102/68.. It's NEVER been anywhere close to that even on meds.

Did you also face a "hiccup" in this same fashion, that it dropped a large deal (30+ points) but then stayed at a number?

As for your current bp, that's even better than most teenagers I assume
Are you taking anything else but the pauling bp therapy?

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by SonnyCrack » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:49 pm

All I know is the blood pressure took a while to come down.. It seemed as if it was stuck the first 4-5 weeks then it started dropping daily.. Hope that helps. Heres everything I've been taking, (i do not skip days at all.

12 grams Vit C
5 grams lysine
2000 MG of Niacin 2 500 mg x 2 a day (immediate release)
4 grams fish oil
400 IU Vit E
400 mg magnesium
5000 IU Vit D
B Complex 50
25 mg Zinc
600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid
150 mcg Vit K
500 mg NAC

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by SonnyCrack » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:51 pm

Also, if you are really concerned about plaque, get a calcium CT scan. I got mine on Friday (waiting for results on Tuesday). $100. See if there is a hospital that does it for a reasonable price that will give you a very good idea what you are dealing with.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”