Didn't get clean on PT

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Didn't get clean on PT

Post Number:#1  Post by hvc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:00 am

I have religiously been taking vitamin c lysine and proline for over a year. Ranging anywhere between 10-70 grams of vit c a day. Last week I had a stent put into my LAD with a 95% blockage. Don't understand. I have also been regularly taking lifeextension super k as well as other recommended vitamins and supplements.
(Just as a footnote. I was using cardio c (1-3 scoops a day) supplemented by solgar 1000mb vit c capsules.

I am now on plavix and lipitor. I know you say throw away the lipitor but, that is easy to say if you are not being told that it is necessary in your condition.

I read that vitamin e and fish oil (omega-3 fatty acids) should not be taken with plavix. is that correct?

Would really like some feedback, especially from johnwen, if you would. Thanks.

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: Didn't get clean on PT

Post Number:#2  Post by Joanna45 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:36 am

Sorry to hear about that ..I had 48% superior mesenteric narrowing and the same with the mesenteric celiac artery that feeds the stomach ..was having terrible pain after eating ..I went to the health food store at first and bought pure ascorbic acid and Lysine took the C to bowel tolerance and after a week the pain after eating went away and was feeling so much better went back to daily walking and weight lifting ..that was last June and now am on heart tech from towerlabs have been on 2 jars a month and I'm going to go to 1 jar and supplement with the pure vitamin C and Lysine..again maybe Owen or Johnwen can help you..also what you eat is so important also ..eat Whole and fresh foods.
Joanna

SonnyCrack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by SonnyCrack » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:09 pm

That's bad news and certainly does not fit the claims of Pauling. I will be having that moment of truth in June after I get my second Calcium Scan to see what the numbers look like after faithfully following PT along with Super K and several other suggested supplements (and diet).

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Hvc;
My question is.
What was the % of blockage on this artery when you started the PT Dosing??

Usually when a artery gets in the 60-to 80% range it starts capping. Which is where the upper (which would be inside the open area of the artery) coating solidify’s and the progression of enlargement is caused by a hematoma forming under the cap. This is an attempt to heal the underlying damage but it usually results in just more volume added to the plug. Since it’s coagulated blood and more is being added and stagnating there.

Now when they expand a stent over this area, sometimes it ruptures this cap and allows this coagulated blood to be released into the flowing blood stream. Causing all kinds of problems and is the reason a patient should be placed on anti-platelet meds or blood thinners after a stent implantation.
The advantage to this is it allows movement of fresh blood to get to the affected area and allows nutrients to enter into the picture and start the healing process. Till this mess is cleaned up your not getting your V-C into this area and the V-C in the blood is just whizzing over the top of this mess and the blood entering through the artery muscle isn’t getting to the area to help!
So we have to break into the mess with something that dissolves this cap!

I read that vitamin e and fish oil (omega-3 fatty acids) should not be taken with plavix. is that correct?

No! just take them about 4 hours after you take your muscle killing med (Plavix)!
Don’t forget to take CQ10 100mg X2 (bid) am-pm. Plavix is stealing this from your system!

My addition suggestions!
Serrapeptase 40,000 SPU Once a day! (eats dead tissue)
Baby Aspirin 81mg. 2x a day! ( blood thinning effect)
K2 & D3 100mcg.+K2 & >1000iu D3 (to stop calcification and calcium molecules from forming in damaged area!)
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by hvc » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:57 am

Firstly, thank you Johnwen for your response. I have been taking the fish oil about an hour prior to the plavix. Is that problematic?
I had a cta 15 months prior that showed blockage but, not as much.
I was recommended to and have gone to 8grams of vit c a day. I had been taking as much as 70 grams.
How long until the vit c kicks back in?
I have been taking super k from life extension for over a uear and take 5000iu of d3 daily.
Do you recommend any specific diet?
Thank you again for your help.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Johnwen » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:08 am

I have been taking super k from life extension for over a uear and take 5000iu of d3 daily.

When you read my last post you did read about coagulation! Right??

If you read the sup facts about Super K you’ll see that it contains 1500 Mcg of K1!

http://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-S ... K2-Complex

You do know that K1 promotes coagulation?
The RDA for K1 is 120Mcg!

It appears by taking this product you are aiding in the coagulation process and more then likely adding to your own problems!
Get off this product! Yesterday! If not sooner!

There’s plenty of K2 supps. Out there, find one over a 100mcg. WITHOUT K1 in it!

Here’s some reading for understanding!

Phylloquinone is K1

Menaquinones are the K2’s (MK4-Mk7)

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Vitam ... fessional/
research!

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by hvc » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:10 am

Thank you!

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by hvc » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:19 am

Is vitamin E a problem?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by Johnwen » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:19 pm

research!

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#10  Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:15 am

Just to clarify johnwen, you are suggesting no K1 IN THIS CASE, right, based on the theory that something like a clot is keeping vitamin C away from healing his arteries? The idea is that K2 has little or no direct effect on coagulation.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Joanna45
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#11  Post by Joanna45 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 am

I use K2 from Solary and it only has K2

hvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by hvc » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:26 am

Johwen, is it possible to private message or email you privately.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”