L-Proline, L-lysine

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

djnzlab1

L-Proline, L-lysine

Post Number:#1  Post by djnzlab1 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:08 pm

HI,
Still learning , I noticed that one or two articles mention L-proline as being a little better at the blocking of lipids in the blood ,is their any truth to this and 50/50 lysine/proline be even better .
Thanks for your response.
Doug

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: L-Proline, L-lysine

Post Number:#2  Post by Ralph Lotz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:22 am

Here are some links to monkey around with:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pr ... gle+Search

Rath has 110mg Lysine and 110 mg of proline in Vitacor Plus, 1000 mg of lysine and 750mg of proline in Epican Forte, 180mg Lysine and 180 mg of proline in Arterioforte and 900mg Lysine and 4500mg of proline in ProLysinC.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:08 am

djnzlab1 wrote:HI,
Still learning , I noticed that one or two articles mention L-proline as being a little better at the blocking of lipids in the blood ,is their any truth to this and 50/50 lysine/proline be even better .
Thanks for your response.
Doug

Excellent question and no easy answer.

Everything (I think) I know about this will soon be available in book form,
http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com

If you scroll down to the testimonial from Gordon Cammel, near the bottom, you'll see that his Atrial Fibrillation didn't clear up on vitamin C/lysine, but did after he added proline.

The major issue is that humans make their own proline, so determining the right dosage is harder. Pauling didn't recommend proline, only lysine and vitamin C. Dr. Rath and others recommend proline, and there are "proline binding sites" too on Lp(a) molecules, along side the more famous "lysine binding sites."

So the answer to your question is that products with proline seem to work faster. However, I think there is at least a question about their safety in bypass patients whose bypass grafts are from veins. Lp(a) may be important for the stability of vein grafts, and proline seems to be the key to lowering Lp(a) levels.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

djnzlab1

Post Number:#4  Post by djnzlab1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 pm

HI,
I found a Mix of C,L-Proline , L-Lysine, and a few other herbs, will try this for a few months.
Here's the mix reccomended dosage is 4 tabs a day equal this.

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 1000 mg 1,666%

Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex 200 mg *

Bioflavonoid (as quercetin) 200 mg *

Green Tea Extract (standardized to 98% polyphenols, 80% catechins, 45% EGCG)(leaves) 200 mg *

L-Lysine 500 mg *

L-Proline 300 mg *

Found at Vitacost
Doug

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:02 am

djnzlab1 wrote:HI,
I found a Mix of C,L-Proline , L-Lysine, and a few other herbs, will try this for a few months.
Here's the mix reccomended dosage is 4 tabs a day equal this.

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 1000 mg 1,666%

Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex 200 mg *

Bioflavonoid (as quercetin) 200 mg *

Green Tea Extract (standardized to 98% polyphenols, 80% catechins, 45% EGCG)(leaves) 200 mg *

L-Lysine 500 mg *

L-Proline 300 mg *

Found at Vitacost
Doug

So to obtain Pauling's preventive dosage requires 12 pills, which provides according to these numbers 1200 mg of "flavonoids". Might be okay.

To obtain the starting therapeutic dosage, or 6000 mg of vitamin C would require approximately 24 pills, which is what 2500 mg of flavonoids. To me this is the problem with mixing other ingredients with vitamin C and lysine, other ingredients which add up and which may or may not be good at higher amounts.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jamesperterson

Post Number:#6  Post by jamesperterson » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:17 pm

Where i can purchase L-Proline I need it......

DonHarry

Post Number:#7  Post by DonHarry » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Doubt you'll find much cheaper than Iherb: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=6671&at=0

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”