Vitamin C, Lab Test Results, and Cholesterol

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

BIOHazard87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Vitamin C, Lab Test Results, and Cholesterol

Post Number:#16  Post by BIOHazard87 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:09 am

I stupidly bought magnesium oxide on accident. I understand this is a "bad" or the "worst" form of magnesium, but is it better than taking nothing, or it is it better I stop taking it completely? (I am not able to get magnesium citrate at the moment). I have been taking 500mg-1000mg daily. Thanks
Owen wrote:Well, Your doctor learns what he thinks he knows from drug companies.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#17  Post by ofonorow » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:05 am

I don't know but I have an interest in what you find out. Why do you think the oxide form is so bad??
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

DanSco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#18  Post by DanSco » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:15 pm

http://keymicronutrients.com/magnesium.htm
Please see the next to last paragraph.
-DanSco

Note: I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. Do not duplicate what I do without a pat on the head from your doctor and a note from your mommy.

BIOHazard87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#19  Post by BIOHazard87 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:33 pm

Thanks for the link Dansco, so it seems that its fine to take, just absorption is terrible.
Owen wrote:Well, Your doctor learns what he thinks he knows from drug companies.

jb0615

Post Number:#20  Post by jb0615 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:38 am

Hello,
Rather than start a new post or topic, I thought it would be easiest all around to just pick up where I left off with this one.

After being on 3 scoops of Heart technology per day, adhering to a very healthy diet and exercising regularly, I had a substantial drop in my cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, etc. I was so pumped. I kept up with things quite well through spring and summer.

I don't know if this contributed to things or not, but in August 2008, I went down to 2 scoops of heart technology per day. Basically my diet has remained good, but I don't exercise quite as often, mainly because of back and hip problems (arthritis).

I ask you to refer to my first post in this thread for my previous numbers. When I saw my doctor in November 2008 he did more bloodwork and my cholesterol was up. He really didn't check anything other than that, but in that time (6 months) my LDL and my triglycerides both went up considerably.

I just received results of a free blood screening my job offers each February. Again, my LDL and triglycerides are up. Here is how the numbers go:

LDL: 162 (5/08), 195 (11/08), 215 (2/09)
HDL: 39 (5/08), 47 (11/08), 45 (2/09)
Triglycerides: 143 (5/08), 102 (11/08), 161 (2/09)

My glucose has remained in the low 90's, having dropped from 115 in 2/08. As I said, my doctor didn't do a vap test in November and they don't offer that through where I work, so I don't have any more current figures for those than I indicated in my original post.

I am curious what the experts here think. I think I should go back to 3 scoops of Heart Technology per day, that's for sure. Any help would be certainly appreciated.

Thanks,
jb0615

godsilove

Post Number:#21  Post by godsilove » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:19 pm

jb0615 wrote:Hello,
Rather than start a new post or topic, I thought it would be easiest all around to just pick up where I left off with this one.

After being on 3 scoops of Heart technology per day, adhering to a very healthy diet and exercising regularly, I had a substantial drop in my cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, etc. I was so pumped. I kept up with things quite well through spring and summer.

I don't know if this contributed to things or not, but in August 2008, I went down to 2 scoops of heart technology per day. Basically my diet has remained good, but I don't exercise quite as often, mainly because of back and hip problems (arthritis).

I ask you to refer to my first post in this thread for my previous numbers. When I saw my doctor in November 2008 he did more bloodwork and my cholesterol was up. He really didn't check anything other than that, but in that time (6 months) my LDL and my triglycerides both went up considerably.

I just received results of a free blood screening my job offers each February. Again, my LDL and triglycerides are up. Here is how the numbers go:

LDL: 162 (5/08), 195 (11/08), 215 (2/09)
HDL: 39 (5/08), 47 (11/08), 45 (2/09)
Triglycerides: 143 (5/08), 102 (11/08), 161 (2/09)

My glucose has remained in the low 90's, having dropped from 115 in 2/08. As I said, my doctor didn't do a vap test in November and they don't offer that through where I work, so I don't have any more current figures for those than I indicated in my original post.

I am curious what the experts here think. I think I should go back to 3 scoops of Heart Technology per day, that's for sure. Any help would be certainly appreciated.

Thanks,
jb0615

It's hard to say whether it was the diet, exercise or the "Heart Technology" supplements that contributed to lower LDL and triglycerides, or a combination of those.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to exercise when you already have arthritis, but starting to exercise again might benefit your cholesterol levels. Perhaps you need a different kind of exercise program that is less painful, e.g. hydrotherapy?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#22  Post by ofonorow » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:22 am

2 scoops is 6000 mg vitamin C, while 3 scoops is 9000 mg. If that is all the vitamin C you are taking, then it seems likely that in your case, your cholesterol is controlled by higher amounts of vitamin C. Pauling consumed 18,000 mg (or the equivalent of 6 scoops daily) and we know from the extensive Ginter work (see the clinical studies forum for the abstracts) that total cholesterol will normalize to 180 mg/dl with "high enough" vitamin C intake. This happened to me, (180 mg/dl exactly) and our 90+ year-old atomic physicist friend (180 mg/dl exactly) , and is exactly what Pauling (Ginter) predict in HOW TO LIVE LONGER.. from good science.

Since your cholesterol is rising on 6000 mg, it is also a clue that something is causing your body to produce more cholesterol, and it could be toxic dental work, prescription drugs, etc.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jb0615

Post Number:#23  Post by jb0615 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:07 pm

2 scoops is 6000 mg vitamin C, while 3 scoops is 9000 mg. If that is all the vitamin C you are taking, then it seems likely that in your case, your cholesterol is controlled by higher amounts of vitamin C. Pauling consumed 18,000 mg (or the equivalent of 6 scoops daily) and we know from the extensive Ginter work (see the clinical studies forum for the abstracts) that total cholesterol will normalize to 180 mg/dl with "high enough" vitamin C intake. This happened to me, (180 mg/dl exactly) and our 90+ year-old atomic physicist friend (180 mg/dl exactly) , and is exactly what Pauling (Ginter) predict in HOW TO LIVE LONGER.. from good science.

Since your cholesterol is rising on 6000 mg, it is also a clue that something is causing your body to produce more cholesterol, and it could be toxic dental work, prescription drugs, etc.

Just so I'm not confusing anyone, when I say I take 2 scoops, I mean one scoop twice a day. Maybe I'm reading the jar wrong, but on the label for Heart Technology it says 2 scoops is a serving and that each serving contains 3000 mg vitamin C. Consequently, I thought I was only getting 3000 mg per day. When I was taking 3 scoops a day, I thought that was 4500 mg of vitamin C.

The only prescription drug I take is Toprol XL 25mg once a day for irregular heartbeat. I only have my own teeth on the bottom and most of them have been root canaled, but far as I know, none of my fillings have mercury in them. My dentist doesn't usually use metal fillings and mine are all acrylic.

I'd be interested in what other things might cause cholesterol to spike. It is just funny that when I was on 3 scoops of Heart Technology per day (1 scoop 3 times per day), my cholesterol came down like crazy.

Thanks for any info you can give me.
jb0615

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#24  Post by ofonorow » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:42 am

Oppps You are right, you are getting even less vitamin C than I thought, and this is undoubtedly related to your measured total cholesterol. If I were you, I would purchase a bottle of 500 mg ascorbic acid tablets (with the fewest fillers, such as the Sam's club 500s) and begin supplementing the heart technology with at least a 500 mg tablet every 4 hours in between.

I'm not familiar with that drug, but you should google to see if it depletes coq10, and if so, make sure you are adding at least 200 mg coq10.

Your root canals are part of the problem - according to Dr. Levy, who believes that every root canal eventually becomes toxic. He has even shared his experience (he is a cardiologist) with patients whose heart disease reverses after their root canals are removed. We have advanced a theory here that most heart disease in humans may be because of dental work turning toxic.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

jb0615

Post Number:#25  Post by jb0615 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:36 am

Oppps You are right, you are getting even less vitamin C than I thought, and this is undoubtedly related to your measured total cholesterol. If I were you, I would purchase a bottle of 500 mg ascorbic acid tablets (with the fewest fillers, such as the Sam's club 500s) and begin supplementing the heart technology with at least a 500 mg tablet every 4 hours in between.

I'm not familiar with that drug, but you should google to see if it depletes coq10, and if so, make sure you are adding at least 200 mg coq10.

Your root canals are part of the problem - according to Dr. Levy, who believes that every root canal eventually becomes toxic. He has even shared his experience (he is a cardiologist) with patients whose heart disease reverses after their root canals are removed. We have advanced a theory here that most heart disease in humans may be because of dental work turning toxic.

Owen, you are right about Toprol, thank you! I just checked and it does deplete coq10. I will up my coq10 dosage immediately, and talk to my doctor about stopping the Toprol. He had suggested I stop it a few months ago and never actually took me off it. I do know that I have to wean off of it gradually to be safe.

Regarding the root canals, I may have one or two teeth that have not been canalled, so my only option would be a full denture. I guess it's time for vanity to end.. :| I've been dissatisfied with my dentist for a long time. I live in Illinois and would be interested in knowing who a good dentist is who can remove the root canals to take care of this problem. I saw in another post that you had mentioned a dentist in Illinois and hope you can share that information with me.

As far as Vitamin C dosage, how does this sound: 1 scoop of Heart Technology at 6am, 500 mg. C tablet at noon, 1 scoop at 6pm and 1 scoop at bedtime?

jb0615

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”