High Blood Pressure & Elevated Heart rate

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

twowheelfree
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: High Blood Pressure & Elevated Heart rate

Post by twowheelfree » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Alive,

I am interested in your story for a couple of reasons: My sleep has been a problem for as long as I can remember and a friend has just been put on blood pressure meds.

I am very much interested in an update on your usage of Makta Vati, Chrysalis, and Melatonin :!: I would very grateful if you would respnond to a few questions that my curious and detailed mind has conjured up :lol:

1. What is your weight :?:
2. What is the dosage you are taking :?:
3. And how often :?:
if how often is not relevant, is there a time of day that you take it :?:
4. With or without food :?:
5. What brand :?:

I know that this is asking a lot :oops: , Hey, I am really am really impressed with your experiences :!:

I have been taking the Mukta Vati three days now.

I forgot to measure BP on the first day.

On the second day, I did five measurements in a row (over 20 mins period).
The highest was 153/101 - the lowest was 124/76

On the third day, I again did five measurements.
The highest was 124/68 - the lowest was 105/61
(Actually, the very first one said 100/60 exactly. But the following three were all around 110/62.)

I don't know if this was a fluke. I'll keep monitoring daily for the next weeks.
If the figures stay like this, I'm very, very happy. I don't think my BP has been this low for about 20 years.
But, like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up yet. That 100/60 figure just seemed too good to be true.

My father hasn't monitored his BP as methodically. But the few measurements he made inidcated quite a big drop in pressure, as well.

*edit*
I forgot to mention that I'm suspecting the Mukta Vati giving me a slight headache and dry sinuses.
I need to observe further to be sure its not something else.
I might be allergic to one or more of the ingredients. :(
(could also just be pollen in the air, currently)

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: High Blood Pressure & Elevated Heart rate

Post by ofonorow » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:29 am

Frank said,
When I found out about how sodium increases BP, I cut out all salt from my diet (except what is in the food itself) and my BP dropped quite well. Unfortunately it rose after a while. Don't know why because I am still on a low salt diet.

And later pointed out that even changing sodium intake - the ratio from his blood tests between sodium and potassium stays the same, and sodium is considered high?

This reminds me of information contained in Dr. David Brownstein's book SALT. He found literature that showed heart patients on low-salt diets with high blood pressure can have something like a 400% increased chance of heart attack. He attributes this to changes in hormones, which adjust to preserve the now scarce-sodium. If something is going on like this in your case (hormone adjustments) it might explain the blood tests. His answer is not to avoid salt, only highly refined salt that one usually finds at the stores. He recommends unrefined Sea Salt, which as he explains it, is really a "health food" and also has the nice benefit of making foods taste good. You might want to read Brownstein's SALT book. drbrownstein.com

As we have pointed out before, high blood pressure during times of stress is not only normal, but necessary for the "fight or flight" response. The higher blood pressure helps push nutrients into cells during periods of stress. During my 'medical' education, (the whacky 300 level course in Therapeutic Nutrition). I learned that the reason doctors measure blood pressure is because an elevated reading can be a strong indicator of arterial narrowing. In other words, a small narrowing can have an exponential effect on blood pressure. If this is the issue, then Pauling's therapy can have (and has had) an effect of lowering BP. As would arginine. I suppose calcification may be another reason, and while vitamin C/lysine won't affect calcification, at least for years, something like vitamin K (and avoiding the rat poison style blood thinner drugs) is another way to lower BP in this case.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”