Arterial damage and vitamin C?

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

Insight

Arterial damage and vitamin C?

Post Number:#1  Post by Insight » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:17 am

Hello, first post here.

Can damaged arteries (intima damage, dissection, aneurysm, etc.) be healed/repaired with vitamin C? Vitamin C with Lysine and Proline, perhaps? These along with copper?

I'm aware of the positive effects these have on plaque-buildup, but this is only half the issue, in my opinion.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Arterial damage and vitamin C?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:43 am

It turns out that yours is a surprisingly good question! We used to wonder if removing the so-called plaster casts, atherosclerosis, might not cause more problems than it solves. We were very cautious with our recommendations in the early years, say 1994-1997.

However, people who have adopted Pauling's dosage advice invariably became well, and most relapses are due to relaxing or stopping Pauling's protocol.

So we believe that the increased collagen production does in fact stabilize the arteries at the same time the lysine is resolving the plaques.

Dr. Thomas Levy's book STOP AMERICA'S #1 KILLER http://livonbooks.com describes the process of atherosclerosis in detail.

Dr. Bush's Cardioretinometry is also confirming. Bush notes that as the atheromas (white plaques in the microscopic retinas) are resolved in people taking vitamin C, the retinal arteries actually get thicker! In other words, these arteries are better able to withstand the intraoccular pressure (IOP) which tends to collapse weak arteries starved for collagen.

Does this anwer your question?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Insight

Re: Arterial damage and vitamin C?

Post Number:#3  Post by Insight » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:58 am

Yeah, that pretty much answers it.

I did suspect that the increase in collagen would be resolving and Dr.Bush's study seems confirming to me.

Thanks.

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”